Sponsored by: DP Tuner

EBV

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 08:21 PM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBV

I realize that when you start the truck in cold weather the idle kicks up and you get a hissing from the exhaust until the brake or throttle pedal is touched. Is this hissing supposed to occur while driving. On my 2001 it occurs for maybe 10-15 mins after starting the truck while driving. If i stay at a certain point at my throttle pedal it will hiss, if i let off or depress the throttle more it will go away until it is back in that "sweet spot" The only question is...is this normal??

2001 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 LB PSD SRW, Heated leather, off road package, western snow plow, strobe lights in parking lights, headlights and backup lights, tinted windows, stull billet insert, pioneer cd player, rockford fosgate 700S amp rocking 3 JL Audio 10W0's behind back seat,Infinity Interiors and an Alpine amp, husky liners front and back,Banks transcommand, K&N FIPK, ATS Ported Turbo Housing, Diablo Sport 110HP chip, Hypermax pryo/boost gauge, Hypermax 3.5 inch downpipe and 5 inch exhaust.

2002 F-350 XL 4X4 PSD DRW, XL Decor Package, 9' Heil Dump Body, 8' Western (for now) Poly Plow, Strobes Front and Back, toolboxes and Wheel Simulators.

Old 12-04-2002, 08:42 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EBV

Yea, unfortunatly it is. That's one of the reasons I gutted mine. I'm not 100% sure where it get's the signal from for when to close and when to open, but just under the turbo (on the driver's side) and on top of the head there should be a 2 wire weatherproof connector, if you unplug that it will disable the EBPV, at least that way you can tell for sure if that's what's making the noise. But I'd be willing to bet that's what it is.

Old 12-04-2002, 08:55 PM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
EBV

Im sure thats what it is. It only does it for alittle while while warming up and its annoying. But i guess i have to live with it. Its a very nice feature when your trying to warm up the truck at idle, (like if you start your truck and go back inside to let it warm up) do you know if you can put a switch on one of those wires so you could disable it while driving, i even get some wierd looks when i pass people.

2001 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 LB PSD SRW, Heated leather, off road package, western snow plow, strobe lights in parking lights, headlights and backup lights, tinted windows, stull billet insert, pioneer cd player, rockford fosgate 700S amp rocking 3 JL Audio 10W0's behind back seat,Infinity Interiors and an Alpine amp, husky liners front and back,Banks transcommand, K&N FIPK, ATS Ported Turbo Housing, Diablo Sport 110HP chip, Hypermax pryo/boost gauge, Hypermax 3.5 inch downpipe and 5 inch exhaust.

2002 F-350 XL 4X4 PSD DRW, XL Decor Package, 9' Heil Dump Body, 8' Western (for now) Poly Plow, Western Pro-Flo 1, Strobes Front and Back, toolboxes and Wheel Simulators.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:37 PM
z1express
Senior User
EBV

Yes you can put a switch in. Just cut one wire and run to switch that way you still have it when you want it. I also found that I didnt like the way it come in and out untill the truck warmed up while driving. But also wanted it for warm ups on these cold Michigan mornings.

Old 12-05-2002, 04:54 PM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
EBV

That is the exact problem i have...only while driving. Did you put a switch in?

2002 F-350 XL 4X4 PSD DRW, XL Decor Package, 9' Heil Dump Body, 8' Western (for now) Poly Plow, Western Pro-Flo 1, Strobes Front and Back, toolboxes and Wheel Simulators.

Old 12-08-2002, 09:28 PM
z1express
Senior User
EBV

I do have a switch on my 00 CC PS. It works fine, no codes on dash or other problems. Just cut the grey wire with the red tracer down on the EBV and shrink wrap the cut off portion coming out of the harness. Connect a wire to the grey and red wire going to the EBV plug at the bottom of the turbo and run it to one of the four wires above the steering shaft. There are four wires at the fire wall that Ford provides that pass thru the fire wall and end up right above the throttle pedal (take the fuse access panel off for a better view). Hook to the same color wire above throttle pedal that you hooked to out at the firewall and hook to switch. Find a fused 12v source thats only hot with key on and your in buisness. I turn it on when warming up on cold days and then switch off when ready to drive. With this set up it wont cycle while driving unless you flip the switch.

Old 12-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
EBV

Thank you very much for the excellent info!

Old 12-09-2002, 08:29 AM
JoeBoost
Elder User
EBV

Old 01-13-2004, 09:04 PM
dieselgrant
New User
yes, i have problems with mine as well. thanks for the great info!!!