Bronco II Ford Bronco II

how to sand the tape

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 03:51 PM
hazzard64
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how to sand the tape

there is that border taping on the bronco ii that seperates the two colors on my bronco. i want to know if their is any easier way to get it off other than sanding it down, thanks

86 bii eddie bauer
2.9l efi

Old 04-09-2004, 01:07 AM
CrazyFazy
Junior User
Not sure if this would work but take a hair dryer to it and see if it comes off easier. If this works let me know as I may be doing this soon.

Old 04-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Don Perry
New User
A body shop will sell you a rubber tired wheel that will take the tape off. I think youll find they want it run at a high rpm. I used it and a plastic fork from wendys modified some what to scrap it off. The tape gets brick hard after sun and time. The fork is cheaper but won't scratch the finish. It will take some time, go slow.

Old 04-10-2004, 09:07 AM
jakes29
Freshman User
Don,

I have two decal stripes along each side and the rear of my b2 and was wanting to remove them without scratching the paint. would this rubber wheel also help remove these decals? are the decals that I am speaking of the same as the tape you are speaking of?

Old 04-11-2004, 08:41 PM
hazzard64
Freshman User
ya im talking about the decal stripe (tape), sounds like an awful lot of work for some stupid tape along the side of my truck. oh well.

Old 06-12-2004, 07:50 PM
elwhoppo
Senior User
Hey Dude,

I have that 3M Wheel, but you have to have an Industial type Dremel Tool, like a Makita, pulling some major RPM, for it to work. Its a time consuming job, but the wheel will work.
ElWhoppo

Old 06-13-2004, 01:37 AM
Cpt. Chaos
New User
I did a lot of car decal work in the past and we always worked with a hairdryer. the trick is: you really need to have a lot of patiance. work slowly. warm it up take some of it off and warm it up again.

i'm going to do it also (on our BII there is also some fine old dryed out hardened decaltape wich defenetly must come off ) we will not mind some paint damage, because that is part of the project, it going to be in a other color.