1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

2000 Expedition HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 10:02 PM
blowncobrar
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Expedition HELP!

Please help! Recently my Expedition has a drained battery in the morning. It doesn't happen every day, but more and more strange things have been happening. First when I'm driving down the road the door lock will lock about a mile later. Then sometimes while driving the locks go up and down all by themselves. Now the lights have started staying on after the car is locked and all doors are shut completely. I will lock the doors and everything is fine, look back outside later and all the lights are on again. The weird part is it doesn't happen daily. It seems as if maybe there's a short somewhere, and it's effecting the battery, lights, and door locks. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Old 04-04-2004, 10:29 PM
jejenkins
Freshman User
Try it

Your problem sounds like a battery dying batter in your keyless remote. The only thing that sounded different was the headlights.

I had the same problems before with the door locks and it was the battery in the keyless remote.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:42 PM
PaulC
Posting Guru
Try cleaning the electrical switches that turn the interior lights on when the doors and hatch/hatch window are opened. They're built into the door, hatch and window latches. Give each latch a very generous dousing of WD-40 and open and close the door latch/hatch/rear window several times. It sounds to me that one or more of the switches (which may impact automatic door lock operation as well) is periodically sticking in the "on" position.

Last edited by PaulC; 04-04-2004 at 10:45 PM.