Sponsored by: DP Tuner

starter troubles

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 11:51 AM
jadel
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starter troubles

Iwent to start my 94.5 psd the other day and all it would do is roll over real slow and make a growling noise,like something running jamed or hard to turn.The more Itried it the lees it would turn over until it would not turn no more.The batteries are both brand new and she is charging.It is a long way to get to my ford dealer so we were going that way that same day so I stopped in to pick up a starter any way even if that is not the problem,Ican always take it back.Take a guess at how much it cost???

$742.29 CDN!!!

I almost passed out.If ther is anybody out there that thinks the problem could be something else"PLEASE REPLY".

Old 04-03-2004, 12:47 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 278 Likes on 141 Posts
How many starters did you pick up?!?! 10!?!? Somebody is obviously trying to rip you off. A starter shouldn't cost that much, even for one of the older Powerstrokes. Are you sure you didn't get some bad diesel? Maybe your injectors are dirty? I would run some Power Service "Diesel Kleen". It will clean up your engine and hopefully get it running better. Its a cheaper than trying to buy a new starter.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:14 PM
jadel
Senior User
Thanks for your reply,but it will not start,all you get is a clicking sound when you turn the key.It has 279,000 km on it and probably never had a starter put on it.And prices here in atlantic Canada are quite different from other places.

Old 04-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 278 Likes on 141 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like you need a new starter. Do a little shopping online. It will save you ALOT of money in the long run.

Old 04-04-2004, 06:33 AM
jadel
Senior User
Thanks Toreador Diesel for your reply.And I will try shopping around a little