Computer Chips & Tuners  

Diablo chip VS Engine Management

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 01:14 PM
V-10Triton
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo chip VS Engine Management

I need something that will be able to run low impedence incectors.
I like the idea of the chip but I am also purchaseing an fjo wideband o2 sensor setup. Now i am looking at an fjo engine management system.

What are the Disadvantage of an engine management system other then cost?

Can the wideband o2 sensor be integrated intop the stock ECU?

Does an engine management system replace your stock ECU or just modify the way it functions?

Old 03-24-2004, 12:05 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The EMU is a stand-alone unit. Its not used with the stock PCM. Its also used with, preferably, all their sensors rather than stock sensors.

The wide band O2 sensor isn't for connecting to the stock ECU, its for precise O2 measurement for those doing their own custom tuning (such as a chip, SCT, or engine management unit) and for people running superchargers on the circuit who need to maximize power while keeping a close watch on A/F ratios (the ratio is more critical with superchargers).

Using the unit has advantages, but it also assumes you can handle the drastic modifications needed to the harness, and the ability to tune. If you're a gearhead it might be worth it.

Another option is a Tweecer and using a wideband O2 to external to the PCM with it to accomplish the same goals with less fuss (assuming they have a read for your PCM code and you're comfortable with digging into the guts of PCM operation).

If it were an older truck you were converting to fuel injection, I'd say go for it. Whether or not you should do it with your V10 depends entirely on how comfortable you are with replacing the stock system. Note that it will probably not pass emissions if your state requires ODB testing (I don't know enough about this particular unit to know if it even has an OBD connector).

Old 03-24-2004, 01:30 AM
V-10Triton
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know this is off topic but while i have you.

will low impedence injecter really ruin the drivabibity of my truck?

I plan to use them for 4 months before i get the supercharger.

Can a diable chip be set up to run the larger injectors while the engine doesn't require more fuel?