2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford's survey- why so important?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 07:23 PM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer said if I send back the survey he'll give me a complimentary oil change. I already got a bed liner and a remote starter out of him. Sure, I'll fill it out.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:46 PM
lamennais
New User
Teacher's comments

Likewise, my dealer begged that I put all highest marks.

However, it is not a wise move to ask a teacher to give all high marks without earning them.

I was honest and I was not at all happy that the dealer's decal was pasted on the tailgate w/o my permission or even a request to place it on the truck.

In addition, what follow-up phone call?

Sorry, but I was honest and fair. The salesperson was very good and got very high grades.

Old 03-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Troll45
Senior User
They not only are (NOT) getting commisions at some dealers. They are getting deductions from their regular pay. There has got to be a law against that. How would you like it if you were a carpenter and you skipped one nail in a wall that had 1000 nails and you were docked a days pay. Thats how critical the surveys are to some dealers. There was one survey that we had that the person said everything was great, their expereance at the dealer was better than he had anywhere ever before but his maker was the only one he was completely satisfied with. So our guys got a $500 paycut that quarter.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:57 AM
mn 6.0
Senior User
I filled mine out stating that the service department bent over backwords for me & did all they could to repair the vehicle, & that the service department was exellent. But, the ford rep himself told me that there was no fix at this time so I hold Ford responsible for the problems, not the dealer. How can they look at that as a "bad" report if these are the facts?

Old 03-24-2004, 07:14 AM
fordmanss12
Mountain Pass
Sorry Troll but that's BS. They don't get deducted $500 from their 'regular pay', they just don't get the BONUS $500. Get your facts straight.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:18 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Servay

Gee when we bought our 2004 F250 sd they never gave us a survay. The problem I have is when ever we take our any of our 4 trucks to the dealer to ether get them serviced or repared. The survay dept from Ford call s right at dinner time. With the same dumb ??s all the time and I don,t think it do,es any good anyways.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:37 AM
mn 6.0
Senior User
Re: Servay

Originally posted by sglaine
Gee when we bought our 2004 F250 sd they never gave us a survay. The problem I have is when ever we take our any of our 4 trucks to the dealer to ether get them serviced or repared. The survay dept from Ford call s right at dinner time. With the same dumb ??s all the time and I don,t think it do,es any good anyways.
That's probably just the dealer calling, I have never gotten a call from Ford.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Troll45
Senior User
Sorry Fordmanss12 but at my dealer that I have worked at for the past 25 years, YES they do get a deduction from their (REGULAR PAY). I got my (FACTS STRAIGHT) pal. Im not a customer observing from the outside. I am an employee. We have lost a few good writers because of this policy. Its not their fault some customers are never able to be made happy. You can go pick their car up from their bussiness or home. Fix the vehicle early, fix it right and return it to them and they will still find a problem on the survey. And the dealer will get a bad rap.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:33 AM
fordmanss12
Mountain Pass
Say what you want but it is illegal to deduct from regular pay due to a poor customer rating. I have a friend who works at a Ford dealer on the west coast and he's never heard of deductions from 'regular pay' due to a bad survey. He states that the dealership loses their BOC, but that's it.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Troll45
Senior User
I have told our writers and service manager that it is probably illegal a hundred different times. But it is in their contract that they signed. Most people wont push the issue because they need a job. We work for a major company, over 100 dealerships. The more blame they can put on an employee the more money they make. on and on and on blah blah blah.

Old 03-24-2004, 12:52 PM
HoustonPerson
Senior User
Originally posted by Troll45

So you drive over an hour away and give another dealer $38,000 to save a few bucks or because they had the truck that you wanted, (thats understandable) and then come back to the one closest so they can do all the waranty work and complain. The dealer doing the work is getting all the bad surveys when they didnt make any money on selling the vehicle., and warranty work doesnt pay squat. The selling dealer made out like a bandit while the repairing dealer is catching heck, and loosing money. Maybe thats why your not getting the best service that you should be receiving. Loyalty is a two sided affair.
Go ahead and flame away.
Sorry Troll you are completely incorrect on all counts.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:23 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by baja_stx
... and dealerships that are Blue Oval Certified get a higher comission one each vehicle sale. Plus if your service rep gets a perfect score they get like $200 bonus.
I think not.

Bad surveys will put our Blue Oval Certification in jeopardy, which is something in the neighborhood of 1/2 of 1%, and Ford's gonna eliminate that in the next couple years, anyways. Ford does not pay ONE SINGLE PENNY to service department people for doing a good job; the DEALER may have a bonus system for their employees, but not Ford Motor Co. That would be a BIG no-no.

Where Ford can hold bad surveys over our head are areas like allocation and customer assistance. Fall below a certain satisfaction-score level, and there won't be any money to help folks that are just out of warranty, for example.

Old 03-24-2004, 03:13 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
I just received an 8-page survey with hundreds of questions on it. It came in the mail from "Auto Pacific" and it's called a "Future Vehicle Study". They say, "you have recently acquired a new car or truck". So I'm not sure if it's really coming from Ford or not? Maybe it's some marketing study? It does ask what brand and model of vehicle I bought, lots of satisfaction questions, blah, blah, blah. I'm not sure if I should fill it out or not. I hate providing free information, but it might be a good opportunity to tell (whoever) how I feel about my purchase.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Troll45
Senior User
Probably just an aftermarket company or magazine poll type survey. Ford survey should come directly from Ford.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:05 PM
asinatra
Senior User
Originally posted by Troll45
Sorry Fordmanss12 but at my dealer that I have worked at for the past 25 years, YES they do get a deduction from their (REGULAR PAY). I got my (FACTS STRAIGHT) pal. Im not a customer observing from the outside. I am an employee...
You are not even close to being right.

What department are you in?

Quick Reply: Ford's survey- why so important?