User Signatures

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 07:44 AM
Icicle
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Art:

Oh wow, that was such a RUDE, SPITEFUL and UNGRATEFUL comment that I have to reply to it, regardless of the fact that Ken and Dennis have this handled without little old me, you made me mad enough that I have to reply

Kinda like the 'I can say "***" but not "@$$"' policy because of the small print in your guidelines that says you can't mask expletives. And yet, *** is not an expletive in your filters, but you (and by "you" I mean you and your moderators) still pounded on a few people for doing it.

WHO GIVES A RIP, get over it man

Punish the many because of the few. Nice going... and letting the "elite" keep their sigs while punishing the "little people" is a nice touch too...

So get your wallet out, pay to play buddy, if you like this site so much, support it for hevaens sake

The people who are abusive have no regard for the people that are caring

Bout sums up this whole thread and the change in general in one senetnce, doesn't it Art

(isn't that mail fraud or something because it crosses state lines?)

doubt it highly since this is not the us mail, and is in fact private property, owned and operated by a man that puts his heart and soul into this website, and just SOMEHOW politely responded to the comments you just made

Stop being so ungrateful and spiteful and join the fun, or go cry somewhere else.....and furthermore, Ive NEVER seen one of your posts in a tech forum, are you one of the OTL overposters?

my .02 and Im outta this thread b4 I get myself in trouble
Keep up the great work guys....

Last edited by Icicle; 03-22-2004 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:32 PM
macman85602
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Liked the sigs but it is not important. If this was just a plain text site with just tech info i would still come. I understand The tasks that the moderaters and web master goes through everyday with this site. I thank you guys for a great site. I with i had the $ to help support this site. I admire you guys. I support any decison you make.

Scott

Old 03-22-2004, 09:54 PM
justshootme84
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am one of those folks who also liked having a signature so that when I replied to a thread, the readers knew i had something in common with their question. Being on dial-up, I liked the fact that no pictures were used, which takes an extra minute or two each time I post. I would rather have no signature and keep free access to FTE, than get "red in the face" over my sig being edited (which it had been once or twice) or deleted. We do have a gallery at least. I will continue to visit this site and post replies as long as it's free.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:04 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally posted by icicle509

Stop being so ungrateful and spiteful and join the fun, or go cry somewhere else.....and furthermore, Ive NEVER seen one of your posts in a tech forum, are you one of the OTL overposters?
I guess you've never visited the V10, FE or Superduty forums. Of my over 900 posts, I can count on one hand the number of threads I participated in that were NOT tech-related.

I just did a search, I have participated in 5 threads in OTL in the last year. One in December, two in January, one in February, one in March. I am certainly not one of the OTL overposters.

The pettiness of it all is what bugged me.

Yesterday, I could not get into this site logged in as "krewat" - always got the "server too busy" message. Cleared my cookies for the site, and had no problems as an unregistered. user. Login as me, timeouts returned. All the while getting subscription emails from threads I had posted to, which meant others were not having problems with the site. Today, 24 hours later, no problems. Anyone else have problems yesterday? Hmmm...

art k.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:24 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, there is pettiness --- your posts on the subject of signatures after I asked for the arguments to stop were full of petty remarks.

Discussion is over, Santa's got work to do.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Bump to the top for Viewing