Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

v10 gas mileage

Old 12-27-2013, 10:58 AM
scraprat
Postmaster
scraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant future
You must have a heavy or erratic driving style, it wouldn't take much to have the gas gage heading south.

I'll see 7.5mpg pulling the 5th wheel and thats 21k + pounds combined truck and trailer.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:25 AM
El Camino Man
Postmaster
El Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to behold
How much does your camper weigh if you don't mind me asking

Old 12-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Dogmann
Senior User
Dogmann is starting off with a positive reputation.
5.6-7 in the city. Stop and go.

On that trip. If I went to 70mph or anywhere over 2000rpm. The mpg dropped quick !

I do have the 4:10 gears.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:32 AM
El Camino Man
Postmaster
El Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to behold
The 4.10s should actually help in the city. Get ya off the line a little easier.

Anything less than 10 mpg makes me cringe just thinking about it! I can see my gas gauge drop with every trip to town with 10 mpgs...

Old 12-27-2013, 12:53 PM
MDSuperDuty
Postmaster
MDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to behold
Dogmann, your trucks mpgs are clearly making you unhappy. I think you'd be making the right move to sell. However your only option for better mpgs in a truck would be a diesel or half ton pickup.

If you purchased a more expensive truck (assuming) for mpgs would you actually save money vs driving the lower mpg V10? Depending on what you paid and how much, if any, you owe.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Dogmann
Senior User
I'm
Thinking 1/4
Ton

Old 12-27-2013, 02:17 PM
El Camino Man
Postmaster
MDSuperDuty hit the nail on the head. Once I enter into a "I hate this vehicle/I need a new one" state of mind, its hard to shake it. I almost always end up trading it off at that point. If the truck makes you as unhappy as you say, I also vote for getting rid of it.

Look at it this way: if your making $300 payments now and getting 7 mpg, youd be further ahead making $500 and getting 14 mpg (depending on how far you drive also). Heck, at 7 mpg, Id be willing to bet you could swallow a $700 payment on a new/newer truck and get 18-20 mpg. Of course I have no idea what scenario your in now but its a good way to look at it.

If the trucks paid off, almost any car payment at all would be more than fuel cost (at least in my shoes)

But like I said, everyones scenario is different. You may have a $100 truck payment and my calculations are way off

Old 12-27-2013, 02:17 PM
El Camino Man
Postmaster
Going from a 3/4 V10 to a Ranger is quite a change lol

Old 12-27-2013, 03:00 PM
MDSuperDuty
Postmaster
MDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to beholdMDSuperDuty is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by El Camino Man View Post
Going from a 3/4 V10 to a Ranger is quite a change lol
Yea quite a bit.

Is the 1/4 ton hauling the Airstream?

Old 12-27-2013, 04:30 PM
scraprat
Postmaster
scraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by El Camino Man View Post
How much does your camper weigh if you don't mind me asking
I'm full timing in the 5th wheel. The last weighing was August @ 13K + and I'm sure a little more has been added. The '08' was @ 7,880# +/-.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:44 PM
ashleyroachclip
Elder User
ashleyroachclip is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I have been hand calculating my mileage since getting g my v10, with 315/75/16 open country's (on the truck when.i bought it ) and a manual transmission, super cab , short box and 4x4 , I am getting consistently 14 mpg.
All of my driving is hiway, and these roads change in elevation from 500 feet to 2000 feet.
And as far as I know , it does still have 3:73 ls.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:54 PM
dramirez163
Senior User
dramirez163 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have an 02 F250. I get about 11 in the city and 13 on highway. On long trips I use the SCT programmer in ECONOMY and can get 15-17 on highway at 70mph (I hate going that slow(

Old 12-28-2013, 06:39 AM
El Camino Man
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ashleyroachclip View Post
Well I have been hand calculating my mileage since getting g my v10, with 315/75/16 open country's (on the truck when.i bought it ) and a manual transmission, super cab , short box and 4x4 , I am getting consistently 14 mpg.
All of my driving is hiway, and these roads change in elevation from 500 feet to 2000 feet.
And as far as I know , it does still have 3:73 ls.
Is your speedo corrected

Old 12-28-2013, 07:37 AM
ashleyroachclip
Elder User
ashleyroachclip is starting off with a positive reputation.
Speedometer is corrected.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Dogmann
Senior User
Anyone want a beautiful F350 SD -CC-4x4 cheap!...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: v10 gas mileage

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.