1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Speaker Wiring Question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 11:07 AM
lyoncoeur
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Speaker Wiring Question.

K folks, next question. When I bought my Ranger I got the VERY cheap, basic Package...so No radio.

I just bought a Stock radio off of Ebay for my model and year, the plugs all match and fit, power comes on. I need to wire the speakers now, where do I find the point of contact for the speaker wires?

Assuming under the dash or somplace like that?. I have the speakers mounted in the enclosures behind the seat, but there are no wires there. but the plug in the radio end has the wires for rear and front speakers, I have to assume that there is a point of contact SOMEPLACE in between, but I haven't a clue {pun intended} where.

Oh...it's a '95 Ranger

Thanks

Old 03-15-2004, 03:12 PM
93RangerSTX
New User
Rgular cab I assume? There should be sometype of speaker enclosure (for 5x7's or 6x8's) that if you remove, you should be able to find them. If not, maybe pull up the carpet and look there. I would think also, that the speaker wires in the back would match the ones in teh wiring harness behind the radio.

Old 03-15-2004, 03:20 PM
lyoncoeur
New User
Yes regular, and yes there are enclosures behind the seats, but no there are not any wires in them...I will look under the "carpet" tonight...thanks.

Old 03-15-2004, 04:10 PM
93RangerSTX
New User
I guess one of your last resorts would be, find out what color wires coming out of the wiring harness behind the radio, and follow them till they end. Keep me posted.