Big Big Trouble....HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:31 AM
WVFordTruckMan
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Big Big Trouble....HELP!!

I have a 97 F-150 Ext.Cab 4x4.I had the same problem as others I have read on here about the throttle sticking.I took off the cover and the air intake so I could get to the throttle body and clean it.Every thing was going fine till I picked up a tooth brush and was cleaning the residue out and my fingers slipped and the butterfly valve went shut on the tooth brush and I didn't realize it till after I got it all put back together and started it and drove it.It ran good to the store but after we got back in it is when we knew something was wrong.The tooth brush broke and the head of it fell down inside the engine.I now have the throttle body removed and I still cant see it.Please someone tell me what to do.

Old 03-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Brian_Puff
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well... i'd say you have two chioces...... pull the intake off and see how far the broken piece made it down into the engine... surely it didnt go too far......

or sell it.... trade it in fast before it does make it to the head and messes up and intake valve or somthing

that really sucks dude

Old 03-16-2004, 06:31 AM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's terrible, sorry that it happened to you. Did you get it out? Keep us posted!