6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Successful buy backs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 04:50 PM
mbudworth
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Successful buy backs?

I'd like to hear from people who have successfully gotten Ford to buy back their vehicles and what it took to get it done. So far I've talked to the dealership who told me to call FMC customer assistance. They told me the dealership needs to initiate the request for a case review.

I have almost 19K and need to get this resolved ASAP.

All I really want is for them to replace my truck with a new one. I'm not looking forward to this process.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:08 PM
ninelives 59
Senior User
whats the problem or problems your having?

Old 03-11-2004, 08:01 PM
tn mac
Posting Guru
what makes you think the new one will be any different.

Old 03-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Robaire
Senior User
mbudworth:

I documented everything that went wrong, and my dealership knew each and every time I broke down. Then I went and asked the help of a Lemon Law Lawyer. Ford was more then happy to exchange trucks with me. I had 25500 miles on the 03/03 now I have a 04/04, it runs ok just needs better fuel mileage.

Good Luck
Rob

Old 03-11-2004, 11:24 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's the build date? What are the problems?

It is NOT a pleasant experience...but if it has to be done...then FORD should do the right thing. JMHO

Old 03-12-2004, 09:31 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't have a buy back of my 02 Ex, but a replacement with the 03 Ex I have now...
It was a slow process, but well worth it to me...
the 6.0 is working out GREAT for me...

DO a search on my user name and I've documented my experience during the replacement period and what " discussions" with the dealer got me the most bang for the buck..

including waiving of the mileage charge and $2500 of the difference in MSRP... (my o2 base price was much less thant the 03 with all the options...)

good luck... docuement... and be firm but nice :-)

Old 03-12-2004, 09:57 AM
mbudworth
Freshman User
My 1st reply didn't post so if it comes up a second time that's why.

I've had lots of problems, most of them are the same as others plus some. I need my truck to get my job done. I've had it in the shop a day or 2 at a time at least 15 times in 5 months. While this is bad enough, the latest problem of the fluttering sound on deceleration, stumble, smoke and hesitation from a dead stop and the engine constantly cycling from loud to quiet while driving being diagnosed as "normal" pushed me over the edge.

As I've said before, I like the size and look of the 250's and just want to get what I thought I paid for. A reliable vehicle. Most people got that. Some of us didn't. Every industry sells a defective product now and then. No big deal, no hard feelings. Fix it. If it can't be fixed, replace it. Gateway Computers just swapped me laptops due to a flickering screen, no questions asked. They couldn't fix it so I got a new one. Maybe not an apples to apples comparison, but I know this won't be as easy.

Old 03-12-2004, 04:19 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
In MOST states 30 days in the shop within the first year or 12,000 miles is enough for the lemon law... PERIOD !

you sound like you've met that... present the info to your dealer and get you a new truck....

Old 03-12-2004, 09:20 PM
ridn98hd
Freshman User
I just began the process.I have contacted a lemon law lawyer and she is filing everything with Ford Motor Co..Don't know how long it's going to take, but she says probably 6-8 weeks. From what I understand, every state's lemon law is different. Va. is 3 times back for the same problem in the 1st. 18 months or 30 days out of service. Mine has been back seven times for a total of 45 days out of service.

Old 03-13-2004, 02:02 AM
powerstrokedieselboy
Senior User
Unhappy

Unnfortunately, i think i am getting ready to start the lemon law process.

My truck buy Monday will have been in the shop fo 21 days and counting. I am having nunmurous problems with it. They are as follows: 1-rear main seal; reving up and down at red light, trying to push you out in to the intersection, wanting to keep going 1st time fixed, but its now back to doing it again more sparadicall now; replaced the widshield gasket leaking air; letf inner fender torn;dead throttle, replaced icp sensor; hard to start, wait for the coil / wait to start light to go out and also waiting another 10 to 20 seconds and sometimes it won't fire. this is also on temps of 40 to 50 degrees.

truck is now in for reving up again at red lights, and i fill this is a safety concern, espcially with my family in the truck!!!!! It is also still expriencing the hard to start, now a popping nois in the front end when making hard right turns, they have currently replaced my am /fm radio 3 times now and still can't get it to pick up the radio staions right. there are a few more but getting tired of typing and sure your getting tired of listening.....

To me the integruity of this 45,000 $ truck is gone, beause it is one thing after another with this truck. NOW i see why this truck was a left over Jan 03' build, that i bought in Middle of Nov 03'...looks like joke on me ......

O'well going to call lawyer to see what can be done, just needed to vent to people and see what i am getting tready to go thru....

THANKS!

Old 03-13-2004, 09:07 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
I see that you should be frustrated...

but I can tell you THUS FAR (22k HARD miles in 10 months... my replacement truck has been AWESOME !!!
and honestly putting the predator programmer on it has made it even better...

they are documented cases of problems with the early builds... but mine was an April 03 build and it's been fine...

and the way I drive, the fuelage is something I don't have a problem with...

good luck - and just talk to them about a replacement...
I really don't think you can find a better truck out there IF they are working right !

Like my builder told me...
the newness on this nice house will wear out WAY before the notes do so let's get it right