Sponsored by: DP Tuner

tug o war

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 11:54 PM
wannaburn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tug o war

I watched a tape that had the powerstroke, cummins and duramax doing a tug o war. The duramax won. It looked to me like it was set up, plus it was on a gm site. Anybody else seen this and has info on it. In real life what would the outcome be. I will try and find the site so if you havent seen it you can check it out. Take care

Old 03-11-2004, 12:06 AM
wannaburn
Senior User
Old 03-11-2004, 12:06 AM
jamesbfishin
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Set-up

On a gm site, I would believe it's set up, I would love to see 3 trucks fresh off a dealer lot and completely stock go at it. (in person)

Old 03-11-2004, 12:16 AM
mschultz
Senior User
wannaburn:
Thanks for the link.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen anyone do with a truck. Hitch height, differential locks, gearing, weight, tires; all could be altered to make any of these trucks drag the other around. (Was the GM driving all fours when the others were not?) There are simply too many variables for this video to be conclusive of anything.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this.

I am sure someone can link you to sites where these trucks were tested for pulling power with loaded trailers. In those independent tests, the 6.0 Powerstroke walks away from the rest. The only question in my mine today is how the new 600 ft. lb. Cummins stacks up. I'll bet it pulls pretty well and that can only mean that the Powerstroke is getting a revised output soon.

-Mike

Old 03-11-2004, 09:59 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

Yea, that video looked like a joke. Them GM boys gotta do something to make them feel good about themselves. One thing I could tell right away is that there was some weight in the back of the chevy. You could tell it was sitting lower than the others, and the chevy's usually sit kinda high. Not to mention the Ford didn't start pulling until it was already moving in the other direction. I got a kick out of it though.
Thanks for the link.

Old 03-12-2004, 06:01 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
From a G.M. site. What do you expect. However inreality from what I read here on some of thesesites. Fords wins most of these tug of wars. The competition is getting intense isn't though. I just seen an ad in some farm magazine comparing the size of shafts in the transmission. Of course G.M. had the biggest one then ford and dodge. Who knows what mrketing ploy they will come up with next. I was looking at G.ms website and they had said they had the most powerful deasel on the market. They haven't updated that one since they come out with the Duramax.
We have known what has happened since then. The commercial with that Chevy dually going up the mountain doesn't impress me one bit. I cant see why anybody woud go from a powerstroke to a Duramax. That is not going to happen unless ford goes out of business. Ooops there I go again. That ford blue blood in me. Just my thoughts Thanks.

Old 03-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally posted by mschultz
wannaburn:
Thanks for the link.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen anyone do with a truck. Hitch height, differential locks, gearing, weight, tires; all could be altered to make any of these trucks drag the other around. (Was the GM driving all fours when the others were not?) There are simply too many variables for this video to be conclusive of anything.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this.

I am sure someone can link you to sites where these trucks were tested for pulling power with loaded trailers. In those independent tests, the 6.0 Powerstroke walks away from the rest. The only question in my mine today is how the new 600 ft. lb. Cummins stacks up. I'll bet it pulls pretty well and that can only mean that the Powerstroke is getting a revised output soon.

-Mike

They cheated! Those low-down lyin' (so and so's) cheated! That Cummins could have ripped the guts out of that Durajunk. The Stroker (6.0 or 7.3) would have done the same and kept going. That chevy never spun tires once. Anyone who watched this video knows that chevy was running 4-wheels instead of just two. So once again, it appears some people over at GM needed to do something to make themselves feel better; as farmb0y put it. This "tug-o-war" was a joke. But I won't lose sleep over it either.

Last edited by Toreador_Diesel; 03-12-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:17 AM
jamesbfishin
More Turbo
Let them use any propoganda ploy they wish, In our hearts and minds we know that what we have out ranks them.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:41 PM
ROK31_99PSD
Freshman User
Not worthy of a response from any PSD owner, but if that is the best example that could be found for the duramini then by all means let them gloat over getting a "running" start in order to pull a REAL truck. I would take that Stroke or for that matter the Ram over that chevy any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I bet they just loved setting this whole scenerio up to aggravate true truck owners. Funny though.