Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ball joints

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 01:27 PM
77redf250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should get a pressure washer. nothing gets rid of oil slicks as well or fast. doesn't it **** you off everytime you get a new drinking story that requires some scrubbing?? broken oil pan hah!! i wish i could've been so lucky. my boss told be to get a recient rollover(pt-cruiser) running sure no problem. the intake was all oiled up i removed the plugs and tried to pump the oil from the cylinders with a suction gun, kind of worked. i should mention it was -20F and the engine was pointed at the 20x15 door. as soon as i touched the key every damn inch of that door was oiled....f#** ever try scrubbing frozen oil thats the worst man it's like tar..

Old 02-29-2004, 03:10 PM
94F150-408
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another good story frederic! I seen that one coming. Thats pretty funny. Sounds as though 77redf250 has come up with a good choice for a birthday or Christmas present for your wife to get you!

Old 02-29-2004, 03:39 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by 94F150-408
Another good story frederic! I seen that one coming. Thats pretty funny. Sounds as though 77redf250 has come up with a good choice for a birthday or Christmas present for your wife to get you!
Yeah, this is true. Though this past xmas I got a 80 gallon air compressor, a low pressure paint sprayer, an air ratchet, an impact gun, an air drill, and air sander, about 50 feet of hose, many quick disconnects, a set of drill bits, a screw gun, etc.

Oh, and a pre-hung door to put on the front of the house

Old 02-29-2004, 04:45 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by 94F150-408
I should start a new thread called "garage monkey stories"

Ever prime a newly rebuilt engine using a hacked off dizzy and a strong 1/2" drill?

Best way to do it!

Except one particular engine wouldn't prime. Drill spun and spun and spun and the damn thing just wouldn't prime. Took the dizzy out, opened the oil drain, removed the oil, rotated the engine over, took off the pan, sure enough, no oil pump.

There it was sitting on the workbench in the box.

Once I put an engine together and forgot the belt for the drysump. I was cranking without the dizzy hooked up so it never fired dry, but not having the belt on wasn't a good thing.

A friend of mine misrouted his drysump hoses so the suction hoses were attached to the block/heads and the output went into the oil pan. That engine lasted about 10 minutes.

Ever drive home from a junkyard with a hemi hanging out the truck of your FWD continental for 2 hours? Banging your hitch on the ground constantly?

A friend of mine was putting on-frame lights under his truck, drilled right through the frame, and a brake line. That was fun to watch, beer in hand.

Wired a trailer backwards, so left blink on the truck was right blink on the trailer. Didn't notice that one for about two years. Ooops.

Not sure how I managed this one, but one time while putting heads on a chevy I managed to get the bottom edge of my t-shirt between the head and the block. Also not sure how I didn't notice it until i went to reach for the torque wrench and realized I was "attached".

All the above proves is that if you're not focused, being careful, and paying attention, your friends will get a really good laugh at your expense.

Hopefully vice versa