Sponsored by: DP Tuner

update on pulling engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 04:42 PM
pdvan
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update on pulling engine

pulled the engine out of my 98 e-superduty, everthing went really smooth about 12hrs out and 10 hours in. but know that my oil pan is no longer leaking i see another freaking leak. it's coming from the tube that goes from the back of the engine to the front i belive that it's a low presure oil pump because its the tube that the filter screws into in the back but it's leaking from the front just above were the fuel lines are. now my question is can this be fixed without pulling that freaking thing back out? please, really need some advice.

and it does not seem to be leaking were it mounts to the block but were the tube goes into the part that mounts to the block if that makes any sense, i hope someone knows what i mean.

Last edited by pdvan; 02-26-2004 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:59 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would think that after R&R on the engine, resealing the oil cooler would be a piece of cake.

Old 02-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Nickiboy
Senior User
Thats the engine oil cooler ...... antifreeze cycles through it to cool your oil ....... you need to get the four o rings and front and rear gasket to reseal it..... cost about 65 bucks at ford dealer......... to get it out you will need to loose the engine mount on that side and slightly raise the engine....... Check some of the post on oil coolers for more info.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:05 PM
pdvan
Freshman User
thanks nickiboy, sorry cookie not a certified mech, just a gear head/psd owner willing to learn. did not know if I had to do that all over again or if it was possible to do it with it still in the truck.

Kind of defeat's the purpose of pulling it in the first place to fix it properly, just wish i could tell when it was right in front of me but there was to much oil everywhere from the oil pan seal that i could not tell till i fired it back up when it was clean. defently do not want to do it two weekends in a row. but thanks to nickiboy's info it sounds pretty easy.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:27 PM
bilder12
Posting Guru
ya might be able to get the parts from international dealer at a cheaper price. whatcha think, cookie??

Old 02-26-2004, 08:56 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
sorry cookie not a certified mech, just a gear head/psd owner willing to learn
You should pick up a shop manual on c/d then. A lot of this stuff is pretty easy once a gear head knows what he's looking for.

They usually go for $30-50 on e-bay, which is way cheaper than the paper versions.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:59 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
ya might be able to get the parts from international dealer at a cheaper price. whatcha think, cookie??
Probably so. I know injector o-ring kits are cheaper from International, so are cam sensors.......yeah, you're right. Pretty much everything.