Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monster garage Bronco rockcrawler

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they took it to a line-x place and had the entire think coated in line-x....for something that size (the EB bronco) and complexity i am guess it would cost some where around $2000 with the coloring your bigbronco would cost more, but in a 4wheeler a while back, or something like that they did a bigbronco in line-x.......you can buy the roll on stuff to do yourself and ive seen it on a heep, it look damn good really.

Idiomaticman

Old 02-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Txquadhunter24
Elder User
i had a quote on my 79 to do it from the trim line down, right at $2,000. so i'd add about $1,500 or to it for full body. since the body uses more then a bed it. that was 3yrs ago, so don't know if price came down or not since then

Old 02-24-2004, 10:58 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There's a member of FTE who had his whole truck (inside and out) done. It cost under $1000 if I remember right because he did all of the prep work himself and said it's no different that getting a truck ready for paint. His truck looks awesome, mid 70's style and done in a dark color. For the life of me I can't remember his name or find the post but he did have a picture of his truck in his avatar, going up a ditch or something.

Old 02-25-2004, 12:33 AM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
I think it was kickass watching them build it, but I don't think it really was good for monster garage. I mean, they are suppossed too build things that would never see any like it was ment for. A school bus pontoon boat, race boat hot rod, garbage dumping exploder, grass munching mustang, even a trik out of a peterbuilt tractor trailer. I can go on.
All they did was take a 4x4, and beefed it up.

Alright, I'll stop ranting now.

Old 02-25-2004, 03:28 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
You know, I've thought about rhino lining my truck inside and out...but I was thinking it would add a bunch of weight. I dunno, it might be a misconception. A buddy rhino lined the inside of his cab though, and he complains that it traps dirt real good and when you get thrown into the lining while wheeling that rough surface will take skin of like a grater. I rode shotgun while my truck was down and can attest to that...

Old 02-25-2004, 10:01 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Well the way I see it if your truck already weighs 6,000 pounds what's a few more. It's definitely heavier than paint but I don't think it would amount to much . . . not enough to make a difference on the trail. I've seen several Rhino line jobs that turned out with a really rough finish and some that are quite smooth, with almost bubble like bumps. I'm not sure if this varies with how they mix it or how they spray it or what. Cool thing would be if you could get a smoother finish you'd just hose out your cab and call it good.

My fear with spraying the exterior of a trail rig would be if you had body damage and wanted to repair it you'd have a nighmare stripping the stuff off and then trying to re-spray that area when you're done. I think when I get my offroad machine I'm going to stick to a flat paint, kind of like the Army's olive drab so if you need to make a repair you can paint it in and nobody will know the difference.

Never thought of the grater factor for an interior spray Pro. That was a good point!

Old 02-25-2004, 10:14 PM
red_rocket
Senior User
we rhino lined the interior of the shop teachers jeep a few years back, took about 3/4 of a gallon to do the whole inside ofa glass tub with two coats. I've seen a few broncos done with it on the outside, looked really nice, took about $100 worth of liner or so. I plan on rhino lining the outside of the exploder this summer, to try and stop some of the rust

Old 02-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Texan1983
Posting Guru
i rhino lined the inside of my jeep, and really liked it, but you have to spray it down, you can't scrub it, eats sponges like none other. but it's tough stuff. but i think your right pro, i have heard it adds a good amount of weight. even picked up one of those gallon cans? freakin heavy, and we use like 4 cans for the inside and a few more for the under cariage. but like i said, makes a tough finish, and the kind i used you could use there spray gun with and air compressor to apply and not rool on, makes it look great.

Old 02-26-2004, 01:09 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Yea, its great stuff, and like Ivan said, when our (at least mine) trucks weigh 3 tons any weight added would be a drop in the bucket. I just hate adding weight because more weight equals less power. I've often wondered what my stroker would be like in a fox body mustang. Hadn't thought about trying to repair body damage with that stuff on...that would be a pita. I still like the idea of doing the inside of the cab if they can do it smoother...

Old 02-26-2004, 01:55 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
just to add to the convo here....I sprayed bedliner in the cab of my truck and it clean up like a dream. I have noticed that it is begining to wear a smooth spot where I rest my foot while driving but I ain't skeered! It's esp nice to be able to remove the doors and then spray the inside with a pressure washer and not have to worry!

-Jason-

Old 02-27-2004, 08:28 AM
JeremyH
Posting Guru
Originally posted by fishmanndotcom
It's esp nice to be able to remove the doors and then spray the inside with a pressure washer and not have to worry!
That's normal cleanup procedure for me! Been doing that since I bought the jeep!

Old 02-27-2004, 08:33 AM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah....but I drive an F350 supercab/longbed

-jason-

Last edited by fishmanndotcom; 02-27-2004 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:35 AM
JeremyH
Posting Guru

Old 04-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Lindibilt
New User
@77f-150 mudder grill is super easy to section. Just cut out ford part of grill. fenders are the tricky part. Good luck. p.s.(jesse did not do the grill...I did

Old 04-14-2012, 02:24 AM
Lindibilt
New User
The reason he was driving so aggressively was because the truck ran like crap because it never had exhaust on it. The o2 sensors would not read the mixture right. The only way the truck would move was wot.

Quick Reply: Monster garage Bronco rockcrawler