Notices

new front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 08:19 PM
jrobison
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new front bumper

lookin for a new front bumper for my '95 f150 that allows good hitch points on the frame to be accesed from somewhere besides under the bumper...need places to look for either a descent manufacturer update, or aftermarket site to replace stock assembly, so i can put a stop to almost pulling off the front bumper i have now all help is appreciated. thnx

Old 02-23-2004, 09:01 PM
SoCalDesertRider
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If it's a place to hook up a tow chain or rope you're looking for, a front-mount reciever hitch will be good for that and probably alot cheaper than replacing the whole bumper. I made a 2" slide-in attatchment for my hitch that consists of a 2x2 ballmount tube with a tow hook bolted to it and a hitch pin hole on the other end. It works great! Reese makes the front reciever hitches as well as Hidden Hitch. Check out www.reeseprod.com or www.thetowzone.com under the hitch section. Tow Zone has them for about $112, for my truck anyways.

As far as another bumper is concerned, check out the Warn winch bumpers. www.warn.com

Old 02-24-2004, 02:30 AM
jrobison
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thnx so cal....although seems like a LOT of extra work just for a little edge...i know fords and all hitches have to be drilled first....mostly lookin for some sort of bolt on replacement bumper or if i should just craft my own out of GOOD materials...lookin for what the market has to offer first...thnx though.....

Old 02-25-2004, 07:45 PM
SoCalDesertRider
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You're welcome. That front reciever hitch is a bolt-on. It bolts on to the bumper mount flanges inside the frame, at least on F350 4x4's it does anyways. On the Reese website, you can get a picture of the actual hitch for your truck... www.reeseprod.com