Sponsored by: DP Tuner

My first PSD

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 02:26 PM
hcclimber
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first PSD

Hey guys... Im new here, but have been lurking and reading for about 3 weeks... This seems like a great forum with lots of folks with good advice...

I got my first PSD about a month ago... it is a 99 7.3L PSD 2WD Crew cab with only 48K miles on it...

My only complaint as of now is that I would really like to increase my MPG... I am getting about 15-16.5 MPG right now with mixed highway and town driving... I know the previous owner and have known this truck since the day he got it... It has no mods, but has had good upkeep... I do know that he has not ever used DK or any other addatives in the fuel, and he also didnt do much other than change the oil every 3k and the fuel filter.... I read a bunch of threads that kinda dealt with the subject, but I wanted to at least post and say hello and possibly get some good advice....do you guys have any other simple suggestions for increasing MPG...

stewart

Old 02-19-2004, 02:43 PM
JMorton
Senior User
You're mileage seems about average. Make sure you're air filter stays clean and seals well, keep the engine rpm around 2000 max whenever possible for maximum economy, use the highest cetane fuel you can find. Chips can help economy if you can keep your foot out of the throttle and not hotrod it all the time.
I average about 15.5 on my truck, best tank yet is 17.2.

Old 02-19-2004, 05:30 PM
bilder12
Posting Guru
Welcome to the forum and the world of oil burners. remember not to rush the truck, it will get going AND dont operate it like a indy racer. Diesels are like women at the WalMart with a sale happening --- you just dont rush them. good luck

Old 02-19-2004, 06:46 PM
fast freddie
Senior User
Welcome fellow Alabamian! I've got a '95 crew cab and that's about as good as the milage gets on mine. As was mentioned above, keeping your foot out of it is the best fix but how much fun is that......