Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil leak

Old 02-17-2004, 09:15 PM
hanklin
Ambassador
hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
oil leak

I put some dye in the oil after a total cleaning to track the source of the leak. There`s oil in the valley (center to rear) and I`ve read all the posts regarding this although I cannot find anything about approx. costs or is this something for me to tackle.I`d kinda think it`s the turbo pedestal, find out soon. Anyway,,is it $$$$$

Hanklin

Old 02-17-2004, 09:21 PM
cookie88
Post Fiend
cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.
If you're doing your own labor all you'll be out s a few bucks for the four o-rings. If you are paying labor that figure you'll get charged about six hours to remove and replace the turbo.

Old 02-18-2004, 12:24 AM
nowun
New User
nowun is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil leak

I had a similar problem. The valey would fill up with oil. I used a flashlight to look into the valley with the engine running. There is a small hole 1/16th of an inch or so on the back of the high pressure oil pump. I drains oil when the pump goes bad. Like a water pump. You can see this right below the fuel filter.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:46 AM
hanklin
Ambassador
hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Thanks for info,i`ll know for sure tomorrow

Hanklin

Old 02-20-2004, 06:37 PM
FCobra94
New User
FCobra94 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any updates on your situation? My dad's '96 Turbo Super Duty has had a small oil leak for a while now as well. Were suspecting it's coming from the turbo, but not quite sure yet...

Thanks!

Old 02-20-2004, 06:53 PM
International Tech
Senior User
International Tech is starting off with a positive reputation.
yep sounds like a HPP going out

Old 02-20-2004, 07:31 PM
hanklin
Ambassador
sorry,,no news yet. Next Friday the turbowill be pulled so they can see exactly where the oil is coming from. It`s pretty hard to see back in there as you know. Keeping my fingers crossed

Hanklin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.