1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Superduty's for the price of One

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 08:46 PM
alfie623
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Superduty's for the price of One

Ford is replacing my lemon aid truck after a couple weeks of bickering. Has anyone gotten their truck replaced INCLUDING aftermarket equipment that YOU installed? I want them to pay for it and they're floundering and I need advise on how to get them to reach into thier pockets.....

Old 02-17-2004, 08:54 PM
twoballsleft
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh boy.....Mine is comming in tomorrow....this is my biggest fear with this truck....too many horror stories....what's wrong with yours?

Old 02-17-2004, 09:27 PM
alfie623
Tuned
The egr cooler leaked water into cylinders #7 and #3 and they eat themselves. The new engine took over three weeks to get replaced. They built the truck in 26 days from when I ordered it until I drove it off the lot but then the truck spent 33 days in the shop trying to get "fixed"

Old 02-17-2004, 09:39 PM
CAT_man_963
Posting Guru
I hate to tell ya but I don't think you're gonna get them to do all of that list. But I'd keep working on them and maybe you can get some of it? Maybe try a really big gun?? Seriously though - hope they come thru for ya.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:40 PM
twoballsleft
Elder User
Here we go....I ordered mine on the 20Jan and it suposed to be in tomorrow....got a funny feeling about this....building them kinda fast. I take it that was an 03...what was the date of the org motor? Mine's a 350 SB/SC PSD I'm scared of this deisel......

I think I'de take a bat to somebody's head!

Old 02-17-2004, 09:44 PM
twoballsleft
Elder User
He Cat_man how do you like those 6 guages? I'm putting my list together and that's one of the things I looking at. What guages do I need ? looking for a nice clean mount too. Any sugestions?

Old 02-17-2004, 09:45 PM
alfie623
Tuned
The truck build date was the 17th of Oct 2003, it was a 2004 truck and 2004 engine. I think the engine build date was something like Oct. 8th. Although it was built in 03 it was considered an 04 engine. I think I had an isolated problem from the injectors. The new engine (built on Jan 10th 2004) now has 2500 miles on it in the last week and it's running strong. There's a few people on I-77 in Charlotte wondering how I got the 35 inch rubber to spin like it did so I could merge from a dead stop in the center lane to 30 mph traffic in the fast lane. Sorry for spinning up the road salt......

Old 02-18-2004, 06:34 AM
MisterScott
Freshman User
Get a lawyer to make a phone call to the dealership. Nothing puts the fear of God in them like the threat of litigation.

Old 02-18-2004, 07:40 AM
jskufan
Posting Guru
Why are they replacing the "whole" truck and not the engine? Are there other issues besides the engine problem??

Old 02-18-2004, 09:52 AM
alfie623
Tuned
Originally posted by jskufan
Why are they replacing the "whole" truck and not the engine? Are there other issues besides the engine problem??
They did replace the engine but I insisted they replace the whole truck. The took more then half of it apart to replace the engine and they couldn't get the simple things right when putting it back together (ie - the bumper is croocked and the lights don't aim where they should) This is all minor stuff but what else didn't the get right when the put it together? Very simply, I paid for a truck that was new from the facotry and that's what a want. Not a truck that's half new and half put together in the dealer's shop.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Waxy
Postmaster
What kinda stuff are we talking about here?

How much could you have put on in the short time you had the truck?

Why not just take it off the old one and put it on the new one?

Ford really isn't responsible for your aftermarket accessories, and IMHO, you're being a little greedy here. They just replaced your truck with a whole new one, which technically, is beyond what they had to do.

Waxy

Old 02-18-2004, 10:20 AM
alfie623
Tuned
Originally posted by Waxy
What kinda stuff are we talking about here?

How much could you have put on in the short time you had the truck?

Why not just take it off the old one and put it on the new one?

Ford really isn't responsible for your aftermarket accessories, and IMHO, you're being a little greedy here. They just replaced your truck with a whole new one, which technically, is beyond what they had to do.

Waxy
Your right and wrong. They did replace the engine but didn't get it done within the 30 days that the lemon law allows so they are required to replace the truck by law or give me my money back. And as for the equipment, I'm basically concerned with the springs for the leveling kit. It took my 10 hours to get them on and it was a lot of work. I could probably do it in 6 or 8 hours the second time but that means taking them off the old truck and putting them on the new one. All b/c they couldn't fix the first one in a timely fashion (it only took 26 days to build it from the time I ordered it to when I drove it off the lot). So why should I be responsible to do all this work 2 more times. As for the rest of the stuff I can get it done in about an hour tims tops.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:23 AM
jaygos
Senior User
Looking at your sig if all that is what you put on your old. All that can go on the new one very easy.. I would think they would even change it out for you.. But I can't see them replacing it..

Old 02-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Waxy
Postmaster
alfie,

I understand your frustration, but I just don't think the springs, and the labour to install them, are Ford's problem.

They are responsible for replacing the truck as delivered to you, nothing more IMHO.

They went 3 days over, so while I realize it should have been done in 10 days, it's not like they went way beyond the time allowed. I think all in all, they've treated you *fairly* well, it's not like the failure was a common problem or something they did "wrong". If they agreed to swap the wheels/tires and throw on the bumper for you, IMHO, you'd be doing pretty good.

That's just my thoughts, and I do tend to side with dealers on this kinda thing because IMHO, people tend to have pretty high expectations that aren't necessarily realistic. Transfer the situation into an analogy in your line of work and put yourself in Ford's shoes. It might give you a different perspective.

I realize you had a lot of work into it, and I wouldn't want to do it all again either, so hopefully you can get something out or them.

Waxy

Old 02-18-2004, 11:58 AM
alfie623
Tuned
Ok, your right, I'm asking for too much. I should just be happy they gave me back the truck and not worry about the 4 weeks that I didn't have it and had to ask friends to to my trailer for me or come plow the driveway or lay out money for gas. I mean hey, who cares what New York says about lemons or not. I should be real happy that I got a good truck for the dealership to work on and keep the guys in the service dept. busy. Sounds to me like you need a dose of reality. I didn't get any discount when I bought the truck to compensate me for my troubles. I didn't get a free tank of gas out of them when I used the POS Ranger loaner, I didn't get anything to take care of my time while I drove back and forth to the dealership 5 times to figure out the troubles. They should be kissing my feet to keep me happy at this point. I don't subscribe to "these things happen" not when they've got their hand out the day I'm forking over the cash. They certainly could have done this whole thing in the 4 days it actually took to compelte it but they didn't and I suffered for it so they owe me and they owe me big. IMHO, you don't have any clue as to what I should expect or not so take YHO and be gone.....

Quick Reply: Two Superduty's for the price of One