Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Idea's for getting new members for KS

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 01:08 PM
FordManDJ
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Idea's for getting new members for KS

I think, we all need to take a more active position in recruiting new members. Getting a Charter sticker is a start. Perhaps Making up buisness cards and passing them out to every FORD trucker you see. No matter what the truck is. Also we might want to make up a banner larger enough to be seen to draw attention to ourselves at our rallies. This is the best oppertunity to draw them in, while we're all gathering in 1 spot. I am gong to start things off by dropping off buisness cards at the local Ford dealers near me, and at places like . Lets put Kansas on the map in a big way.. Plz give any input you might have towards this goalÂÉ

Last edited by FordManDJ; 02-09-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:39 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If that's your motivation we don't want to hear about it here. Leave them out of it, FTE is not that site, nor does it exist for revenge against them.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:02 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

I too think we need to try and encourage new members. I have cards made up and do give them to select Ford Truck owners.

Little confused by the second post but the reason for it must have been edited out by FordManDJ.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Idea's for getting new members for KS

Originally posted by FordManDJ
I think, we all need to take a more active position in recruiting new members. Getting a Charter sticker is a start. Perhaps Making up buisness cards and passing them out to every FORD trucker you see. No matter what the truck is.
It then comes across as a Cult. I would mention that no where in the Forum guidelines does it require current members to recruit X number of new members.

Your passion is commendable but please take Ken's word to heart.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:59 PM
FordManDJ
Elder User
A cult ? what kind of people are you?

What is wrong with showing a little enthusiasim? A cult that is plain crazy. Where you think that up from? I might just reconsider my postion all together. Not sure I like the politcs here either. I was just excited to see Ks get a chapter. and wanted to help out. Is it common practice here to jump down people's throats? When their intentions were sincere. Any ways I wont be posting here any more. I see no point. kep on truckin!

Old 02-09-2004, 10:09 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Dan,

You missed out because of an edit a user made. Cards are fine with me. My statement was in reference to negative comments about other sites.

All of you are welcome here --- but I think the best policy to take the high road and not speak negatively about another site because of any disagreements you have with them. You'll never be faulted if you handle a tough situation with the upmost of class.

Old 02-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Thanks Ken for the clarification. Somedays, I'm lucky to keep one foot in front of the other. Lol.

Old 02-10-2004, 02:01 AM
FordManDJ
Elder User
Ok , I 'll just shut up now

Old 02-10-2004, 05:14 AM
mitch5170
Senior User
I didnt see what was posted in the first place, so I cant really form an opinion, but I do know there is no reason to bad mouth the other place on this board, this isnt the place for it.

I dont think there are any politics about it at all, just no need for any negative comments about any other site.

Its definetly not worth leaving over, I think the webmaster handled it in a decent way, at other places, they would have just deleted your posts and banned you.

I personally think the cards are a good idea, and no its not a "cult" the cards are a good way to recruit other members, but it should never be required that members "recruit" x amount of new mwmbers, only the people that are willing to do it should do it.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:02 AM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
I don't have a problem with the cards. I shouldn't have used the word "cult". I was thinking of something else.

I really shouldn't drink that much Mountain Dew so late in the day.

Old 02-10-2004, 07:38 AM
fordborn
Post Fiend

FordManDJ, hey slow down this is a good thing going on here and is not political. All of us that came from the other site have put away any differances we had with them and do not bring up the subject anymore. We have anew and good home here and we had fun there so we do not mention any other site in a negative way. So stay aboard and enjoy the fun.

Old 02-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Peties3
Posting Guru
Jeff,
Stay aboard brother!!
You have some realy good ideas to help recruit new members.

To be honest, we all went through a spell that we were extremely mad at the other place and yes, some of us were told that this behavior needs to be stopped. I understand your feelings about site x. Now is the time to drop the old baggage from there and proceed on. Things are different here in a good way. So I now ask you to reconsider and give this place a chance.

Honestly, a post that contradicted toe moderators somewhere else, not mentioning names, would have got you banned. So you really do have a little more freedom here!!

Give me a call, we can talk about this of just to say Hi!!
Mark

Old 02-11-2004, 10:05 AM
stlthf1
Posting Guru
I think Mark and Mitch are completely right.

Marks point about having some anger issue from the other site is justified. We all had our run in's over there and are still very angry about the situation.

Ken is just trying to keep things detached from the other site. If he let us rant and rave(which we all want to do) it would look bad on FTE. He trying to keep everyone happy and calm.

Although, I think it could have been handled a little differently he is still right.

Things here are much more relaxed and enjoyable. You don't have to worry about being banned for having an opinion.

Honestly, I won't be doing any promoting for a while. I did that for the other site on a daily basis and look what I got out of it. If I see a truck that I think should be a member I'll talk to them but I won't go out of my way like before.

Just my two cents,

Jon

Old 02-14-2004, 09:25 PM
FordManDJ
Elder User
Ok guys I believe we have found our new home, and I'm glad our little group is growing with FTE! Hope to meet you all soon at a GTGÉ Im anxious myself. I really like the being with all FORD people.