General Automotive Discussion

Rice Burners

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Nelled f-150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea there ok for me a friend of mine that has one, the body looks stock to stickers, no body kit no stupid wing, but it has cold intake, turbo, innercooler, and other parts, its a honda civic si, well its a fun little thing to drive good top speed when you get there, but my old 300 can beat it till about 60 mphs then he flys by, yea i prolly would take one if given to me for the gas savin thing, and if your in north texas area, well theres a nice car here a 70 GTO with 454, nos, everthing, friend of mine built it, its very fast, scared the crap out of me when i rode in it, doing 160+ down a two lane road, pulls you back in to the seat so far, but i do love his sticker he has on it, "RICE KILLER" very cool car, and yes the honda raced the gto, and yes the gto stomped it it was some funny crap

Old 02-10-2004, 01:01 AM
kermit
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think one of the funniest things is that during normal driving, those big wings do nothing but wear out the stock rear suspension...leaving the rear end dragging..ironically, right where it belongs.

Old 02-10-2004, 10:04 AM
dhermesc
Posting Guru
"I don't like "ricers". I do applaude the very few guys out there that actually do serious engine work and know what they are doing, to make a 4 banger fast. Those guys are few and far between. I don't like idiots that put a fart can, wings, and ground effects, etc. and think they have a fast car."

Exactly. I put the "Winged Warriors" that arm their cars with stereos, Folgers can resonators and decals in the same class with the hairball driving a ragged out 77 Caprice with no mufflers that claims "Its racing tuned".

Old 02-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Me Dually
Junior User
After my kid saw "Fast and Furious", that was all he would talk about. I finally took for a "drive" in my Vette--haven't heard a word about ricers since.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:59 PM
FireHazard
Senior User
On another note so every one dislike ricer but here is a thought. If you where to build a ford mean machine what would you chose and what would you do to it!!!

Old 02-10-2004, 07:22 PM
original67
Senior User
I would have a 32 ford 3 window coupe, would have a bad A$$ 460 in it, bored and stroked to over 500 cubic inches, with a roots blower on it, have a ford four speed top loader, and a ford 9" with like a 4.56:1 gear for that mean acceleration, i would paint it bright yellow( like the car in American Graffiti) it would have air ride, and be built pretty old school, i like the hot rod style of the 60's. it would really move, that is just one of the cars i wish i had, i'd take any mustang i would modify the heck out of it, i just like big ford v-8's i could write for pages but i will just end now before i get to carried away.

Old 02-10-2004, 08:37 PM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
I would have a 51 ford f100, raised all to heck and mean tires. 460 engine and all the offroad accessories that are essential. Or a 64 mustang cherry red you know the rest

Old 02-13-2004, 06:34 PM
COBRAjrb
Senior User
Old 02-13-2004, 07:29 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by COBRAjrb
http://www.ricehatersclub.com/killstory.html ricers suck
That's quite a liberal site.They consider a lot of different cars as ricers.Not necessarily imports.Maybe my idea of a
ricer is different than everyone elses.What does everyone consider a ricer?

Old 02-13-2004, 09:05 PM
FireHazard
Senior User
valid point Fordfaggiole, what do people consider a ricer. Is it people that are young and do stupid things? or I could go on what is a ricer. Not defending stupid ppl on the road but what is the true deffinition of a ricer...

PS: I know I can't spell!!

Old 02-13-2004, 09:56 PM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
my definition of a ricer, be it foreign or domestic, is some crap car with a big carbon fiber wing euro bumpers and a stock engine(also, a crappy paint job helps to complete the look). the thing that sets me off the most, is Euro bumpers on domestic cars, like mustangs, thats just my oppinion. I think its funny when they rip it off when they dont remember its there, by pulling up tight onto a curb!

Old 02-13-2004, 10:33 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Well,I guess I don't know what ricer is in modern day lingo.I thought they were those japaneese imports.That changes the whole outlook on things I guess.

Old 02-13-2004, 10:46 PM
jj292
Senior User
People got to stop calling them "imports" when none of them acutally come from overseas any more. Except for some engines and componets these cars are manufactured right here in North America. I am talking about Hondas, I have no idea about the rest. The point is that the line between "american Iron" and "Jap-traps" hase been highly blured, almost erased.

That asside I have to admit that you can make these cars go FAST but it requires alot of money, and alot of time. You also get a vehicle that is absolutly worthless as a daily driver. But the biggist negative for me is that you get a totaly unreliable powerplant, winding these little short stroke 4cyls can not be to healthy.

You build 500hp into a big block and you will gain tons of preformance and possably have a more reliable, longer lasting engine than came from the factory. Build 300hp into a 4cyl and it is not going to have a long and happy life.

my $0.02, JJ

Old 02-13-2004, 11:31 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Must be a lingo thing.If that is the case,and the cars are manufactured in the U.S.,I guess I don't take so much offence to them.lol.They still don't fair well up here where we have potholes big enough to swallow one.Actually I think they are kinda fun to drive.It's kinda like driving a gocart.If someone can get 300hp out of a 4 cyl.,my hats off to them.I would't have one for the simple fact that they are deathtraps.They are cheap transportation for a kid that doesn't have a lot of money.I guess I have to look into this ricer definition a little closer.Thanks for the clarification.

Old 02-14-2004, 12:10 AM
jj292
Senior User
If you want cheep transportation here's my truck story.

I put an ad in a local paper for a Fuel Injected 302 engine. One day this guy phones me up and says that he has this old rusty truck that leaks oil but runs good. When he told me what he was asking I almost died, $500 and take it away. I could not resist even an oilburner with holes as big as my head is worth over a grand up here, so I made the three hour treck (it was on the way to relatives anyway) to see this guy. When I got there I emidiatly saw this brown 89 F150 regular cab 4x2 with only minor rust around the wheel wells. So I got out and asked the guy to go see the truck, he told me I was looking at it. I bought it on the spot. It is a XLT Lariet with a/c power everything, the works. So I drove it the three hours home with no problems, I was low on oil but nothing major. At home I started to work. After fixing the oil pan gasket, powerwindow motor, and a few other things, Giving it a basic tune up with oil and filter changes I had an excellent, reliable and powerful daily driver the only thing that I have not fixed is the AC. All it cost me was $150 over the purchase price. How's that for cheep transportation?

JJ

P.S. Even with 250,000Kms it still runs great. Best $650 I have ever and probably will ever spend.

P.P.S. Actually it did not just cost me $650. I needed to spend about 30 hours on it. But I think that a little sweat and some bloody knuckes and a few less of mommy and daddy's dollars would do these ricer guys alot of good, my $0.02.

Last edited by jj292; 02-14-2004 at 12:14 AM.