Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Starting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 12:39 PM
mickyDeez
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting Problem

OK for about 2 months now my 2000 f-250 PSD has been acting up.......some morining its fine and would start right up......it has been cold here prob around 10-20 and even colder ......the original batteries were in there still so i took those in and checked them out......they were both bad.....could this have just been my problem....also where is the fuel/water seaparator located because i think that should get drained out....havnt done that since ive had it.....those mornings that it doesnt start it crank and everything but just doesnt fire....then once in awhile it will fire but then go right back to crankin..........i plug it in for about an hour then adn go back out adn try to start it and she starts up......after about 2-3 trys.....any suggestions would help......ir none i really would like to know where that fuel/water seaprator is so i can drain her out......THANKS

Old 02-07-2004, 01:51 PM
bilder12
Posting Guru
I am not real good at this newer stuff, but I believe the fuel water separator is the fuel filter assembly. It should have the drain on it, located on the front of the assembly ( a little valve with a handle on it ). It sounds like you are having glow plug problems and you may also have gotten hold of some water in the fuel. Put some fuel additive in it and in the garage to warm up everything. There's my nickle worth and I hope it helps. When it gets cold (winter) things WILL show up. Good luck

Old 02-08-2004, 11:20 AM
mickyDeez
New User
MORE INFO

ok......this morning again she didnt start up again.......when i plug it in for about 1-2 hours she will start up......so do i go to the glow plug relay first then the glow plugs........it has 127,000......im going to get teh service records for it on monday and hopefully that will tell me something also.....and if someone could maybe try to explain where the fuel/water seaparator is.....that would be a help also THANKS

Old 02-08-2004, 11:36 AM
diesel dummy
Freshman User
On my o3 f350 theres a yellow handle behind the fuel bowl where the fuel filter is at opening the valve drains the water out down a little pipe that ends left side bottom of the block impossible I think to catch it without putting a little piece of heater hose on it to funnel it into a container nice and clean

Diesel Dummy