Houston Raceway Results...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 08:46 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Houston Raceway Results...

and all that other miscellaneous crap that goes with it!

Well here are my stats, like 'em or not!

I had 5 runs down the track. (Keep in mind that this was my first time to ever run down the track)

1st run:
-R/T was .588
-1/4 was 17.2

2nd run:
-R/T was .646
-1/4 was 16.8

3rd run:
-R/T was .734
-1/4 was 17.5 (unchipped)

4th run:
-R/T was 6 SECONDS! LOL HAHAAAHA! <--and that's for real!
-1/4 was 16.4

5th run:
-R/T was .355 (red lighted)
-1/4 time was 16.5

My first run was total crap! I had the weakest start I've ever had. The wierd thing was that all night my 2nd gear NEVER caught. I spun from 30 - 60 mph on my first run, and it was pretty much like that every time. I coudn't figure it out. When I ran the 16.4 I had an awesome start. My 60' time was 2.3 sec's, but when I hit second gear my engine bogged down and spun for about 1 1/2 seconds. When I finally came out of it I nailed 3rd perfect and ended up with a 16.4! If my 2nd gear would have just caught I would have been a couple tenths faster for sure. I think that if I had some Khumo's to fit my 16 inch wheels, I would have had around a 16.2 run.

I took about 20 or so pics while at the track. It was blast guys, and I really wish you all could have been there. People from this site that showed up were me, Jimmy Dean (Little Rock), and Beau (aka Mr.Bean). Off the top of my head I believe Jimmy's best run was also a 16.4 and Beau's was a 16.7. Both of them are bone stock too. So now, if ANYONE asks what our trucks can run stock in the 1/4, Jimmy Dean showed ya! 16.4...nice run Jimmy!

Talley was there and ran at best (I think) a 14.1 which was friggin' awesome! I believe that was the best run out of the 4.2's for the night. Other's that showed up were Supaman, MTHoward, and 1lowSCREW.

I'm gonna try and get all these pics posted ASAP, but I'm just afraid it won't let me again.

Jimmy and Beau can vouch for me when I say that there were some Awesome cars there! There were cars frequently running 6's, 7's, and 8's all night long. It was really packed! Any type of dragster you could think of (including motorcycles Tom) were there. I can't wait to go back again some time, but it won't be for a long while! Anyways, it awesome.

The weather was friggin' cooooooold! It would have been alright, but the wind would just bite your ears right off! But it was perfect weather for draggin.

MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS:

1. When me and Jimmy walked up to the track and a 7 second dragster pulled burn-out about half the length of the track. We both took a deep breath of that hot, burnt rubber! Very Nice!

2. When we pulled up and two 11 second Lightnings pulled up by us and we started talking about different crap. (and yes, I got some pics of both of them)

3. My 16.4 quarter time with a 6 second R/T.

4. My last run...because I raced an 8 second in the other lane. He smoked the livin' crap outta me, but it was worth it seeing that thing fly down the track!

5. And I'm sure there were many, many more but maybe I'll get to 'em later.

CARS I RACED:

1. An automatic Triton V8 single cab Ford (not a lightning). He had 4:10 gears, was chipped, had an Intake, and the exhaust off his old lightning. He ran a 14.9 when I raced him. Ouch!

2. A Mustang GT - don't know what he ran but he smoked me.

3. A V6 Mustang which I would have beat if I would have got a 16.4 run. I ran a 17.5 that time and wasn't too far behind him.

4. A Z28 Camero - this is when I got my 6 second reaction time. The light tree started going and I had forgot to put my seatbelt on. The guy tapped on my window as it turned green to tell me. So I had to put my belt on and then go. Ran a 16.4.

5. Some dragster...I don't even know what it was! Ran a 16.5 but mostly just watched him go down the track. mmmmmmmm

Any questions?

Old 02-07-2004, 09:38 AM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the update Joseph. Sounds like you guys all had a good time.
No suprise on the quickest truck ?

Look forward to seeing some pics.

Old 02-07-2004, 11:26 AM
V6Mustang
Senior User
Ahhh yes...nothing smells better than burnt rubber in the morning

I'm glad you guys had a good time. I know years ago when I first went I was hooked instantly

Old 02-07-2004, 11:54 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
I'm (hopefully) going to our new track this coming Friday. It was supposed to open on the 6th but they had issues with the Christmas Tree lights. Bad wiring or something. It will basically be the same thing, just smaller town. (and only about 15 minutes away!)

Old 02-07-2004, 01:50 PM
V6Mustang
Senior User
I'm jealous...all the tracks are closed around here from October to sometime in March. Once I get my P&P'd heads installed in March or April (depending on the weather) I will be down to the track since I haven't run my car since it was stock!

Old 02-07-2004, 04:16 PM
MrBean1130
Senior User
Hey guys!

I had a blast out at the track... didnt take any pictures but Joe and Jimmy got to see my truck, and the damage from the tree. Anyway, best time of the night for me was a 16.72 at 82 mph. Not too shabby for stock ey? Im not sure but i think i might have won the best reaction time award with a .169 light. My others were a point .567 (the RT when i got the 16.72), and a .421.

First run i had a 17.22 et because 1st gear bogged down on me alot. I got a great start (The .169) but sacrificed a good 60 ft time. Second was my fast run. And third i ran a 16.78 at 82 mph. Wish we had been bracket racing, i was runnin consistent.

Hey joe, i think im headin out to that 1/8th mile track by my house tonight that just opened up. I know how you feel! A track thats only 10 minutes away from my house... im gonna need to tires soon.

I raced Jimmy the first two times. I beat him, but only because he was spinnin the tires through second gear. No traction on these trucks i tell ya!
The third run they put me against a camaro or mustang. I dont remember because all i saw was his brakelights. I wish i could have run more, but i got there real late and there were LOTS of cars there. 3 runs in 2 1/2 hours. Anyway, i cant wait to see some pictures. I think Talley got some video too. He said he was going to video me and jimmy racing, but im not sure if he did.

Old 02-08-2004, 11:43 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
Jimmy suprised the heck outta me when he showed me his 16.4 timeslip. I was like holy crap! Here's why: It was his first run EVER on any real track and he pulled a time faster than some professionals! On that note, Jimmy, somehow I got your slip in my truck. I still have it now. I can mail it back to you in an envelope if you'll just email me your mailing address.

Funny story:

Jimmy has a CB radio that he hooked up to his truck before he left. Me and him were going back and forth talking on the CB all the way to Houston. (which from my house is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours) Anyways, we had washed our trucks right before we went at a local self wash station in my town. About 1 tenth of a mile from the Racepark, we had to pull a U-Turn because we passed the gate. (stupid me leading) Anyways, I pulled around first and then I hear on the CB Walkie-Talkie. "Joe, lemme show you how it's really done." I look back and see Jimmy pull a huge U turn and ran off into the ditch on purpose! He then was submerged in a 6 to 7 inches of mud in a ditch. I thought he was stuck for sure. I was about to get the camera out, but then I hear his truck rev up and started shooting mud all over the place. He backed up about 3 feet up a hill, and then floored down the hill and back up the other side and made it out on friggin' street tires! That's another highlight of the day from H-Town. I took a pic of his muddy tire and bed. (which the pics should be up sometime soon) I hate not having digital!

Old 02-09-2004, 11:45 AM
TheBrokenMarine
Senior User
Well done fellas! Tell ya what...felt like i was there for your descriptions. Sounds like a blast!

Old 02-09-2004, 02:35 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
Yea, Jimmy Dean ended up going to another carshow the following Saturday in Dallas. Talk about putting some miles on the 'ol truck! I really wish more people could have been there (Tom, Shane, Garrett, & Brian) Oh well, maybe next time!

Old 02-09-2004, 06:48 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
We should do the next one in Cali....then the one after that on the east coast...kinda move it around for everyone.

Garrett

Old 02-10-2004, 01:43 AM
V6Mustang
Senior User
Well if you guys are hyped up about traveling there will be a race up in Michigan on Memorial Day weekend. It's the V6 Ford Challenge and any V6 Ford can attend and race. Talley has said that he will be there, I will be there too. In the past it's been Mustangs, T-Birds, SHO's, and Probe GT's. It would be nice to see a few V6 trucks there, it's bracket racing so the extra weight of your trucks doesn't matter...as long as you're consistent There is also a show n' shine competition if you want to show off instead of race...or you can do both! I think things still need to be finalized, but if everything goes as planned it will be at Milan Dragway (between Ann Arbor, MI and Toledo, OH) on Memorial Day weekend. There will also be a tour of the Livernois Motorsports shop. Anyway, I don't want to hijack true 4.2's thread so if anyone wants anymore details or has any questions just hit me up with an email

Old 02-10-2004, 03:07 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
When is memorial day? BTW I had fun, Yeah Joe, I know you got my GOOD timeslip

I won my first LEGAL drag race I am proud to say. It was a 4.0 5spd ranger red cab stock I found out later. 16.448 E.T

I then raced a friggin 11 second Trans Am, hmm who won that one I wonder? 17.02 E.t

next two where against Bean he won, I slipped tires BAD!!! 17/8 and 17.7 E.t. second run all ltimes where EXACTLY 1/10th second quicker I needa limited slip rear

last race against a PRO STREET MUSTANG!! let me say, that went over REAL WELL! I beat him to the 60' though wether he was spinning tires or just chillin I dont know and dont care. he then proceeded to blow my doors off! I ran a 16.7 then

BTW first 4 passes in rt lane, last one in left left lane was quicker, ven with the 16.4 I had tire spin, and plenty of it, I hook p better on the street.

And I finally got to pull some burnouts in my truck nice as for the tri[ to dallas, all I got to say is

Baytown Tx to North side of Ft Worth in under 3 HOURS! I love having a CB... yes that is somehting like 230-240 miles heehee I had fun, both at the races and at the car show with the Tx guys. the drive was also fun talking to Joe (wqho I let borrow my extra CB) I was suprised I got out that ditch also.....should see the underside of my truck got my first good look at it today.....pretty messy.

Old 02-10-2004, 05:24 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
BTW so everyone knows, the weather cooperated, i a racer opinion, not mine, very chilly, 40-50 while racing? the trip down for me and Joe was great, warm enough to keep windows down, sunny the whole weekend, did not hit any weather until almost back to little rock on monday morning.

as for quickest time

mine was a 16.448 I know joe hit a 16.4 but was it faster than mine? I dont know. youll have to wait for him to post back up

Joe, I think Talley wanted all of our quickest timeslips so he could copy them straight onto the other site unless he already got a pic gt with him and see if he wants it mailed to him, I will get it back from who ever later on.

Old 02-10-2004, 09:19 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
I'll have to ask Talley. I think my time was a 16.7.. at 82 mph. Your's was 16.448 at 81 mph.

Old 02-17-2004, 02:57 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
Correction, my time was a 16.4... at 82 mph. I don't know why I said 16.7 ?