Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p.c.m and superchips

Old 02-02-2004, 05:59 PM
bad ass diesel
Junior User
bad ass diesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
p.c.m and superchips

last week my 2000 250, started acting funny, like my cps was going. dieing sometimes and sometimes just "skipping a beat". this got progressivly worse untill it finally died. i had it scanned and it said something like an open loop in the pcm or something. as it turns out my superchip had vibrated out, and was not making good contact, sometimes only for a split sec. and others long enough to cause it to die. i pushed it in and it has been runing fine, so if your truck starts acting funny check your chip first and save yourself alot of headachs if any 1 has had this happen to then please let my know thanks justin

Old 02-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What you've told us is something many of us have had to learn the hard way. Personally, I've got mine taped in place so it can't work loose.
Good tip for those that haven't had it happen to them, though.
Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.