New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

New Ford

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 06:49 PM
mgazak
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Ford

Hey, I haven't been around here much lately. Among other things, I met a new girlfriend last fall so that is where I've been spending most of my free time. On 1/5/04, my 98 Explorer Sport got totaled on my way to work. I had lost control on an icy on-ramp to the arterial and did some minor damage to the frontend. The vehicle was disabled, however, since the bumper had been pushed into the left front wheel. While I was taken to a pay phone to call for help (no cellphone), a Jeep Grand Cherokee lost control in the same spot (roads were terrible, no sand or salt) and ran head on into my disabled vehicle. I'm so thankful I wasn't even there and that no one was hurt. The passenger compartment held together excellent.

I had a Focus wagon for a rental car. Not a bad little car, but no comparison to my Explorer. The following Saturday I talked with my salesman and purchased a brand-new 2004 Explorer. It's actually a lease and I plan to buy it afterwards. I got an excellent deal on it and was able to pick it up last Monday.

Here's a picture of it. I really like it. It's so much more refined while still being a truck. It handles great in the snow. And my girlfriend really likes it too!

Old 01-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Looking good & Welcome Back

Old 01-18-2004, 08:15 PM
bosshoss
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad all is well, congrats on the gf, oh and the new Explorer.