Sponsored by: DP Tuner

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 11:14 PM
fordracerman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question exhaust

hello there all yust wanted to ask everyones opinion on powerstroke exhaust systems. Too many to chose from and not quite sure what to do. Help Help lol. Thank for any sugestions.

2001 F350 cc auto w/edge evolution with custom tuning, K&N cone air filter kit and tranny mods.

Old 01-14-2004, 12:34 AM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

i'd say it probably wouldn't be hard for you to piece a downpipe and some straight tubing together and make your own free flowing exhaust. for your model i think a 3.5" dp to 4" straight pipe is pretty popular. others should reply soon

Old 01-14-2004, 11:03 AM
DCClark
Junior User
My $.02

I went banks, monster exhaust power elbow and all. Complete 4" stainless steel system from the turbo housing to the tail, 5" polished stainless tip as well. I will be uploading the pictures soon to my gallery. I also took some .wav's of the way it sounds. Unfortunantly the stock one we had a 15 mph wind and the mic wasnt the best mic to be using. The others sound better. The only thing I dislike about the system was the Turbo housing installation. That thing is a real pain to get in place and torque all of the bolts down properly. The rest went like cake. Would I do it again? Most likely.

Banks Exhaust

Stock Exhaust at rear

Straight Exhaust at Downpipe

Old 01-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Litnng
New User
I decided to make an exhaust for my truck and it went really well. I bought the downpipe but making everything from there back was not too hard at all. I cut the old exhaust out and used it to pattern my new one out of 3 1/2" stainless. If you use stainless then you can polish the tip and you won't have to worry about maintaining one of those chrome tips that tend to rust. I eliminated the muffler and the cat, it sounds pretty good. LOTS of turbo whistle, but a little too much flutter.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Cool Canuck
Freshman User
Re: exhaust

Originally posted by fordracerman
hello there all yust wanted to ask everyones opinion on powerstroke exhaust systems. Too many to chose from and not quite sure what to do. Help Help lol. Thank for any sugestions.
Canada you say! If you got salt on your roads, consider Stainless over Aluminized.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:48 PM
bender97f250
Senior User
Try a 3.5" downpipe with a 4" exhaust. Spend the extra $$$ and get 409 stainless , mandrel bent system with a high flow muffler.