6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT Predator For 6.0L

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 10:23 AM
Tekrep
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SB- By the way- you're 100% correct in that if Garrett gives their limits in TOT, we should be using that- they have done the calculations to turn it back into component temp. I guess that's when I will get a new downtube with a welded temp sensor boss- anyone seen one out there? Looks like a pain to pull that tube off the back of the engine!

Old 01-17-2004, 11:39 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tekrep, I agree. Whatever Garrett uses is what we should follow. I hope everyone understands that TOT is going to limit them on hot days and once they fry those turbine blades, it is a matter of time before it fails. This is important to us who live in the hot south.

You can get the boss for the probe on the Motorhaven site here. It looks like a hunk of money/work to have one put on. I don't think I would try it myself.

Old 01-17-2004, 12:40 PM
AAFD
Junior User
Ok do you have to chose your power setting when setting the unit up? Also when your going back in for service the Predator can get you back to stock settings?

KC

Old 01-17-2004, 03:17 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
All the settings are menu driven with pretty self-explaintory menu items. Yes, you can restore it to stock (read the posts above about that).

Old 01-19-2004, 04:21 PM
roadracer68
Freshman User
ATTN, KEN

I was reading your post on the new preditor tuner and my only question is how do i know what flash is in my truck know ? i just purchased it jan. 1 and installed cat back banks exhaust and airaid intake system , i am getting gauges installed wed. at a shop in coral springs, but want to purchase this system , but can not be sure what flash my truck has ?

Old 01-19-2004, 08:10 PM
bombsquadollie
New User
I understand you can go back to stock settings, but does it leave a footprint in the system showing it has been modified? From what I have heard the Bully Dog plugs in , can be remove and the puter never shows a modification was made. Help I would love to chip this puppy but don't want to void the warranty!

BomB Squad

Old 01-19-2004, 08:14 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Re: ATTN, KEN

Originally posted by roadracer68
I was reading your post on the new preditor tuner and my only question is how do i know what flash is in my truck know ? i just purchased it jan. 1 and installed cat back banks exhaust and airaid intake system , i am getting gauges installed wed. at a shop in coral springs, but want to purchase this system , but can not be sure what flash my truck has ?
If you purchased it on Jan 1 than the odds are very high it has one of the recent flashes. Also, you can call your dealer with your VIN and they can tell you.

Old 01-19-2004, 08:27 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Originally posted by bombsquadollie
I understand you can go back to stock settings, but does it leave a footprint in the system showing it has been modified? From what I have heard the Bully Dog plugs in , can be remove and the puter never shows a modification was made. Help I would love to chip this puppy but don't want to void the warranty!

BomB Squad
I don't have data on that, but I assume that like the previous tuners once you clear codes it ought to be okay. I can find out a solid answer if you want....

Old 01-20-2004, 06:32 AM
bombsquadollie
New User
That would be great. The only thing holding me back from getting a chip/tuner is the footprint. Are there anyother chips/tuner that do not leave a footprint?

Old 01-20-2004, 07:36 PM
bombsquadollie
New User
Originally posted by bombsquadollie
That would be great. The only thing holding me back from getting a chip/tuner is the footprint. Are there anyother chips/tuner that do not leave a footprint?

Old 01-22-2004, 07:50 AM
bombsquadollie
New User
bump

Old 01-22-2004, 07:50 AM
bombsquadollie
New User
bump

Old 01-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
I got my tuner last night. I was reading the manual and noticed that there is some information that conflicts with info found on this page. On EGT gages it states "Depending on probe location, there will be different samplas - pre turbo(not on exhaust manifold) expect 1300 - 1500 degrees, on down pipe, 1100 - 1200 degrees." Also, it says nothing about "latest factory tune". I assume that since my truck is running O.K. and I want to preserve this tune, I will have the tuner "learn" my existing tune and save it for the future. It looks like the logical way to do the EGT gage is to install the bung in the new down pipe since there seems to be no ready made location.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
The Predator works. It saved my flash (I have it now, even if the Ford dealer flashes my truck with a flash that is worse.

I installed the 65 HP performance/mileage flash. It really made a huge difference. The engine really wants to rev up quick. The difference feels like a Stock Mustang getting a 100 HP shot of NOS or a S-Trim Vortech. It must make an extra 150 ft.lb. of torque. The manual says that the computer needs 5 cold starts to adapt the transmission. It shifts very soft now.

I'll write again when I try the 100 HP setting.

Old 01-24-2004, 09:41 AM
redlands
New User
I bought a 2004 6.0 in September and I would like to know what " flashes " mean when it is mentioned. I would also like to know if I should use ASMOIL fully senthetic in the truck. and what grade to use. I'm in southern california. thanks.

Quick Reply: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT Predator For 6.0L