Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

First Gen Catalytic Converters

Old 01-08-2004, 05:35 PM
ClemsonLightning
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question First Gen Catalytic Converters

Gentleman, (and ladies if there are any on here)

I've got a '94 Lightning with 130,121 miles on it. I had 2.5 inch 40 series Flowmasters and 2.5 tailpipes put on at about 90k miles. At the time, the tech that installed the pipes said that he'd pulled the cats off one of these trucks before, and the computer kept giving a faulty O2 sensor code. But the sensor is upstream of the cats so I don't see why it would do such a thing.

Has anyone pulled their cats without getting a chip and if so will it work? Really need a little better mileage and since SC has no emission testing...that cats have to go. Thanks.

Old 01-08-2004, 05:40 PM
stepman
Posting Guru
I don't see much of a milage improvement removing them but, your O2's won't see the difference. Only the OBD2 with the sensors behind the cats it will see one....so, go for it.

Old 01-09-2004, 06:13 AM
ClemsonLightning
Junior User
Do you have a first gen lightning that you've done this on? It doesn't make since to me that there'd be a difference, either. I just wanted to get a concencus from a couple of folks that have done it, before I start hacking away. Thanks.

Search this Thread