2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Car Care Products and why??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 03:12 PM
chasparham
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Car Care Products and why??

I would like to know which car care products everyone thinks are the best and why. IE: car wax, leather cleaners and conditioners, tire and rim cleaners/polishes, etc. I for example have tried several car waxs and still am not satisfied with the shine they give or the tire cleaners I have tried. Any suggestions? I'm sure I am not the only one that could benefit from the answers!!

Old 12-19-2003, 03:35 PM
SRAces
Junior User
My Choices

chasparham,

You'll probably see a wide range of answers to your questions as a lot of folks are partial to a lot of different products.

I use the following items as a general rule:

1. Car Wax: McGuires Classic and McGuires Yellow Wax. I've tried them all over the years and keep coming back to McGuires products. It's not too difficult to apply and rub off. I use the 2 different waxes as a 2-step process. There are a lot of good wax products out there.

2. Tires and wheels: I used the Finish 2000 products. Used to be a diehard Armor-All fan. After living in the southwest for a while, I realized that Amor-All attracted too much dust and made the tires look dusty after a while. The Finish 2000 works better for me. I use the Finish 2000 Wheel cleaner for the wheels. The key to great looking tires is to spray them with Finish 2000 fairly heavy. Let it soak in...give it about 5 mins. The take a rag and wipe the tires down to remove any streaks and excess. I don't like tires that look wet or too glossy. The Finish 2000 works great in that respect. I usually just wipe off the rims with a clean rag after doing the tires.

If you look at my close-up shots in my gallery, you can get an idea of the results. The tires will look good for quite a while, even after rain or a light washing. I use steel wool pads on the OWL, but haven't used them on the 2004 truck yet, but will.

3. Interior cleaning: Haven't had a leather interior for years. Will probalby try a few items before I settle on a cleaner/protectant in that area.

I like to use Rain-X on the windshield from time to time.

Hope this helps...

Happy Holidays!

SRAces
USAF (ret)

Old 12-19-2003, 03:39 PM
chasparham
Senior User
I realize I will get many opinions but that is why I asked why your choises are the best. I'm sure I have not tried them all and I am always up to trying something new. Just give me a compelling reason. I currently am using Eagle One wax, tire cleaner, and glass cleaner.

Old 12-19-2003, 05:06 PM
bobcf
Senior User
fuller brush, my wife sells it

Bob

Old 12-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Mudlord
Senior User
I like the Klasse line of wax/sealant products. Produces a great shine.

There is a windshield coating product called Aquapel that is just amazing. Water flies off your windshield at 45 mph and up. I virtually never use my windshield wipers anymore in the rain. The bad part is, you can't buy it anywhere. You have to go to a Jiffy Lube or other quick-oil-change place and have them apply it. Cost is generally $20 or less and it lasts from four to six months. Try it - you'll never use Rain-X again. It even makes ice-scraping easier.

Old 12-21-2003, 11:52 AM
BVFD1983
Senior User
Use Meguiars tire gel. Great stuff. Malco also makes some great products. I use many of the professional Meguiars products, they work great. It is an all day chore for me to do a full job on my Ranger.

Old 12-21-2003, 01:20 PM
chasparham
Senior User
Originally posted by Mudlord
I like the Klasse line of wax/sealant products. Produces a great shine.

There is a windshield coating product called Aquapel that is just amazing. Water flies off your windshield at 45 mph and up. I virtually never use my windshield wipers anymore in the rain. The bad part is, you can't buy it anywhere. You have to go to a Jiffy Lube or other quick-oil-change place and have them apply it. Cost is generally $20 or less and it lasts from four to six months. Try it - you'll never use Rain-X again. It even makes ice-scraping easier.
I have never seen Klasse wax in this area. I change my oil and have never heard of Aquapel but am willing to give it a try. As I suspected you can buy it on Ebay. I did a search on Ebay and found it for $5.95 an application with shipping of around $7.00 for up to 6 applications. I bought 6.

Old 12-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Mudlord
Senior User
I never thought to check Ebay - great tip, thanks!

I don't think Klasse is sold in stores, but I'm not positive about that. It can be ordered from many online sites, including this one: http://www.klassedirect.com[/URL]

Old 12-21-2003, 03:56 PM
chasparham
Senior User
Originally posted by Mudlord
I never thought to check Ebay - great tip, thanks!

I don't think Klasse is sold in stores, but I'm not positive about that. It can be ordered from many online sites, including this one: http://www.klassedirect.com[/URL]

Which one are you using, the acrylic polish or the wax in the spray can?

Old 12-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Mudlord
Senior User
I use the All-in-one polish followed by a couple of coats of the sealant/glaze. Supposed to last for up to a year - far too soon to know if that's true. I'll be happy with six months, though.