Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Downpipe Removal Procedure

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 01:18 AM
Nickiboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Downpipe Removal Procedure

Does anyone know the procedure for removing the downpipe on a 95 PSD without destroying it ? ........ all of the post so far that I've read entails cutting the top portion off to remove it from under the vehicle ...... Can it be done another way without damaging the pipe and not removing the engine ??

Old 12-13-2003, 02:28 AM
AggiePSD
Elder User
Remove the transmission.

Old 12-13-2003, 03:43 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Out of curiosity, why would you want to remove it without cutting it? If it's because you've heard how difficult it is to cut the thing, I can tell you removing it in one piece would be considerably more difficult.

Old 12-13-2003, 11:16 AM
bender97f250
Senior User
Sawzall the pipe and say good riddens, you will be glad you did! You will notice the diffrence in performance with a aftermarket downpipe.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Nickiboy
Senior User
Did It

Well I got it out without cutting the stock downpipe up.............. I placed a jack under the tranny and removed the crossmember......not that big a job....... lowered the tranny (attached to engine) which created a lot more space between the engine and the firewall............ took a bit of wiggling and twisting but the sucker finally came out intact............ The problem was I didn't have a sawzall or anything that I could use effectively to cut it out........ The new 2 piece 3" pipe went in easily, I did have to crimp the firewall seam a bit but no real problem. I'd say it was a piece of cake........... the lowered tranny and engine and the crossmember removed made it a hell of a lot easier than I thought it would be..... Now I need to figure out why the turbo is not spooling at all and engine lacking in power since the installation??

Old 12-15-2003, 04:50 AM
Nickiboy
Senior User
Got It !

Found the problem................... Map sensor vacume hose got disconnected accidently, didn't notice it......... power back up and turbo spooling quickly........ noise in cab is noticeably louder.