Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my Bronco! Do you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 04:10 PM
ecsmith0624
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love it now that it's running again. 2 weeks ago...not so much. After a blown head gasket, new fuel tank, replacing the heads, putting headers on it because stock exhaust manifold wouldn't bolt up, a mysterious part ford wanted $300 for that I refused to buy, and the countless hours I spent doing all that stuff myself, I can say that I was falling out of love with her. but driving her today and having her run better than she has since I've owned her, yeah she's a keeper!

Old 12-14-2003, 08:47 PM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ever since i got got my bronco i have broken a door handle and door mechanismseen a 302 become a v-6, experience what its like when your vehicle is so out of tune that it wont top 55, then it wont top 45, then the muffler falls off, then the hood wont close, then it wont open, then you cant get the radio to work, then the muffler falls off, again, then you lose ALL electrical, then you get a hole in a heater hose and you lose half of your coolant just trying to get back home,then the electric fan causes the battery to run so dead that your radio loses its memory and leaves you stranded for about 30 min, then the fan quits working, then it quits agian after you fix it, then the radio sound quality starts going down the more electrical accerories you turn on, and you ask me, do i love my bronco? I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Old 12-21-2003, 10:07 AM
frdkpr
Freshman User
I Love My Bronco, I just bought a 96 bronco drove it for less then 3 months then had to go away that was 2 months ago Its all I can think about all day every day,I also own a 90 f150 2wd that Ive had since highschool over 5 years ago and have done nothing but drive it into the ground ever since I bought it at 16yrs old. Ive burnt more tires gone down more trails been 6ft in the air stuck in ditches towed every thing I could including a full size blazer from the Alagash River in ME to Standish ME and My Bronco from jacksonville NC To my home in ME, Should I remind you that this is a 90 2wd short bed with a 302 with 31" bridgestones and a stock trans other than an oil cooler!!!!
Ill Post a pitcher of it soon for you all to see.
I Love My Ford Trucks!!!!!
Thanks for hearing me.

Old 12-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Broncozilla
Senior User
Uh- yeah. I have a "company" vehicle that I drive to and from work, and I absolutely can't wait to get into the cockpit of Fordzilla when I get off work or go on days off.

Old 12-28-2003, 01:38 AM
P-T
New User
I don't love my Bronco but I sure like it a lot. I've had a 90 since 95 and intend to keep it going indefinitely. The Bronco is a unique vehicle:
a) it's a real truck; it's heavy, strong, and can carry lots of stuff
b) it's a pleasure to drive, when it's running right
c) most people who want to can maintain it themselves quite successfully due to many factors including the vast supply of aftermarket and used parts available, and btw the fantastic advice available on this site
d) if you need it fixed while travelling any garage in North America can take care of you
e) there are 100's maybe 1000's of well documented mods and improvements, chances are no matter what you want to do, someone else has already tried something similar and you can benefit from their experience
f) it's a good size, it's nice and big but not outsized to the point of being awkward, it has that great turning radius which is really noticable if you live in the city
g) it has a unique signature characteristic: the removable fibreglass top with long tinted side windows
h) and last but not least: there's an undefine-able cool factor with a Bronco. Somehow there's just an honest, straight-ahead, and fun attitude about the darn things that most people seem to appreciate

Old 12-28-2003, 01:53 AM
Broncozilla
Senior User
Well said, P-T. I would add to that, the short wheel base of the Bronco not only gives a real full-sized truck a great turning radius, but it also makes Broncos some climbing MFs!

I'm into climbing really rough and steep stuff, and everytime I go off-roading, I'm constantly outdoing other trucks in the climbing department that have many times the money I've got in my truck- especially as you crest the top of a steep hill- while the others are high-centering, you're bouncing up and over with ease.

Last edited by Broncozilla; 12-28-2003 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:01 PM
siphor84
Senior User
I do love my Bronco! Of the 4 Fords I own, it's the only one I'm not working on every weekend :-) Although, that may just be luck..

Old 12-28-2003, 06:42 PM
John Pen
Tuned
Ok, Ive had Ford trucks for over 25 years and I love them...but this being my first Bronco is like moving up from my '74 to a Lincoln..I bought it for the people moving capabilities but have since been impressed with every aspect of it....I cant believe I havent gotten into one sooner..Its had an engine/tranny/transfer case/rear axle rebuild 30,000 ago so Im hoping to not have to put any money into it for a while...but Im sure some day soon Ill be near mud, and Ill get this crazy idea, and then $$$$

Old 12-28-2003, 09:18 PM
Drive it like its stolen
Junior User
I love my Bronco EVEN though I only had this one less than a month and I just went to replace the rear main seal because it was and is leaking like a lfire hose and what do I find in the oil pan? You guessed it...bearing parts. Didn't bother me as I want to replace the engine with a 460 or even...STROKE it (gasp!) but my wife was sure, how would you say it...mad? Whoo hoo did she vent on me and all I could do was smile because I LOVE that ole Bronco. It's just one of "them thangs".

Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Nathan McDonald
New User
I love mine! Not my primary vehicle now but was for almost 2 years. Bad ***!

Old 03-22-2017, 12:52 AM
kopfenjager
Posting Guru
I love my Bronco.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:12 AM
AKHunter93
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's gotta be an FTE record. Reviving a 14 year old thread with your first post. Bravo.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:19 PM
art vandolay
Mountain Pass
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm surprised there are so many negative comments. I have owned over 60 vehicles, and am on my 6th bronco, and they are a great value. Super capable, super tough, relatively cheap if you do your own work, parts are cheap enough, and they look perfect. A bit tough on gas, but keep your foot out of it and its not too bad. Compare all that with the price of newer vehicles, with their computer controlled everything, and they are a bargain.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:32 PM
Joe Robertson
New User
The money Ive already put in mine? must be love lol. Transmission front pump seal took a crap so waiting to get it rebuilt but all I can think about is getting it back and playing in the dirt again.

Old 04-01-2017, 01:16 AM
kopfenjager
Posting Guru
Damn, that looks like a death blow!

Quick Reply: I love my Bronco! Do you?