A/C and vapor line problem??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 04:24 PM
Dpfrommer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C and vapor line problem??

Hey guys, just hit the big 50K, and now I understand why auto parts stores exist. Just replaced plugs and wires, flushed coolant, new belt, new IAC valve, new fuel filter, hotwater bypass, brakes, speed sensor, cleaned EGR and other emissions equipment and loads of more fun. Anyways two questions??

1. I have this annoying squeal coming from under the hood. Drving me f***ing insane. I replaced the belt a little while ago, and it stopped for a while then came back. I have been reading some articles and have come to the conclusion it is my A/C compressor clutch or combination of the two. Anythoughts on this or other causes of this problem??

2. When decellearating and turning a corner, my rpm's drop below 500 and then surge back up to idle speed. This happens about once every 2 days or more, and only happens when I am turning and braking at the same time!! Weird *** problem. I have read that it could be caused by the rear fuel vapor line Y connector. Checked under their today and seemed ok, but did not take the lines apart to see if their is damage. Hopefully someone can explain that one too me.

Thanks for the help guys and hopefully your rangers are running strong

Old 12-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Ken00
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE!!!

I would start by checking for proper tension on the belt.

Have you tried cleaning the IAC, it controls the idle speed.

FYI, the four letter words are not really needed, please review our guidelines.