Sponsored by:

Video System

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2000, 11:14 AM
kathi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video System

Has anyone installed one of the pop-down, plasma tv units?
I am considering one for my Excursion, but am concerned about
disturbing the auxiliary heating/cooling system.

Any chance that Ford might make this an option for the Excursion in the future?

Kathi

Old 12-26-2000, 03:36 PM
john z
Junior User
Video System

It is my understanding that a video system is available on 2001 models. as for aftermarket, visit the Edmunds.com website under SUV then "2000 Excursion" topic. There is someone over there who has a setup. Much discussion in last 10 days or so.

Old 12-26-2000, 04:49 PM
kathi
New User
Video System

Thanks, John....I found it.

Kathi

Old 01-01-2001, 08:09 PM
billb
Freshman User
Video System

I just bought a 2001 excursion. They wanted over $1200 for the rear entertainment system. Have you found any more reasonable flip down overhead systems for the excursion? Almost thinking about rigging up a $200.oo ac/dc tv/vcr temporarily for trips until the prices fall a bit.
Bill in New York

Old 01-01-2001, 08:41 PM
john z
Junior User
Video System

I'm gonna point you guys in the direction of a website I found, but after that you are on your own. Complete setup with 6.4" screen, tuner, & ant is $520. Additional monitor piggybacked from first TV is $350. I've never seen it & don't own one....but it's on my wish list. Some of the electronics Gurus, like Jesse Berst have indicated that prices of flat screen stuff should be heading down like DVD >very< soon. But if you want to be first...

www.fontusa.com

Old 01-01-2001, 08:47 PM
billb
Freshman User
Video System

Thanks for the info and website
billb in New york

Old 01-01-2001, 09:54 PM
john z
Junior User
Video System

I guess I should mention (if it is not obvious) that places like BestBuy are carrying this stuff too. Don't look in the TV dept...look in car sound dept.

Old 01-09-2001, 05:13 PM
xxl suv
New User
Video System

Old 06-30-2005, 02:54 PM
bnuvp
Senior User
We did the 12VDC TV/VCR combo for years, first in our 1985 Suburban then into our 2000 Ex V10 4x4. I had built a stand and strapped it down to the seat frame. The TV finally went this past year and so we upgraded to a portable DVD player, dual screen that we got at Sam's Club for $300. What's real nice is that kids can watch a movie on both screens or play video games on both screens or video game on one screen while watching movies on the other screen. No more aquabbling between the second and third row of seats. Plus they use head phones now (jacks located at the screens) so now I can listen to music while driving.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:47 PM
jscarb2
Senior User
i have 7 tv's in my x! 7" in each visor, 7" in dash ,2 -8" flip downs in the middle and 2 7" one in each rear headrest aftermarket rear headrest. 6 disc dvd changer 12 disc cd canger and 2 12" kicker l7's. i am planning to move the subs and mount 1 in each rear door to get back th cargo room also have a night vision rear camera i am planning to hook up so i can see backing up really at night that is why i got the night vision i have all the windows blacked out even the front.well worth it on trips with the kids i have the wireless headphones so i can jam out and they can watch their movies or i can even let them play their xbox and me or my wife who ever is not driving can watch a movie,who am i kidding i never let her drive my baby waiting on my 24"'s to come

Old 07-02-2005, 12:18 AM
caddys83
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by jscarb2
i have 7 tv's in my x! 7" in each visor, 7" in dash ,2 -8" flip downs in the middle and 2 7" one in each rear headrest aftermarket rear headrest. 6 disc dvd changer 12 disc cd canger and 2 12" kicker l7's. i am planning to move the subs and mount 1 in each rear door to get back th cargo room also have a night vision rear camera i am planning to hook up so i can see backing up really at night that is why i got the night vision i have all the windows blacked out even the front.well worth it on trips with the kids i have the wireless headphones so i can jam out and they can watch their movies or i can even let them play their xbox and me or my wife who ever is not driving can watch a movie,who am i kidding i never let her drive my baby waiting on my 24"'s to come
Nice setup. I would like to see your pics. But do you really need all that TV's? I have one just for the rear. Not a good pic though

I even seen some Excursions at work with a 2nd TV in the aftermarket center roof councle for the 3rd row! Now thats nuts.... You don't really need a Night Vison Camera... A regular reverse camera will work just fine backing up at night because the Excursion backup tail lights up enough at night... Here is mine...

I just hope you don't blast your Kicker l7's too loud for the little kids... There ears are still sensitve.... I used to be a bass nut myself and now I'm always say huh? what?.....

Old 07-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Ameerw
New User
Recommendations for a rear camera

Your setup looks good. Any recommendations on a rear camera?

Thanks,

David