Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

MA April 2024 BS Thread - Spring is here and taxes are due

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 01:32 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,208 Likes on 4,249 Posts
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Morning Ken, Lin, all MASS and visitors. Enjoy what MA Nature is bringin' ya tomorrow....whatever is falling rain, white crap, both ????
Howdy Bud...whatever will be...will be.

Originally Posted by Lin19687
Mornin All,
Hey Ya Bud, guess you might have rain ? No white crap for you but maybe Ken.
Suppose to be all rain here but looks like they just changed that and we might have 3" of it Good thing I didn't take the snow blower into the basement yet

I picked up some Free 1' foam board insulation on Sunday. Met some very nice older couple (in my town), super sweet. Husband is retired and has a nice wood shop. I told the wife that if he made Beehives he could make a little money for easy work. And I said to his wife that if he wanted to make me a long hive I would pay him and sent over the specs... I think she wants him to actually find something to DO (maybe sell) and not just fiddle around, if that makes sense. He texted me back and said if I buy the materials he could do it. In reality I mainly need him to router the edges and cut the wood (2x10 stock) as I don't have a shop (yet).
I think he is kind of happy to have something to do. I will bring enough for 2 long hives and if he likes it I will have him make a bunch more for me. 2 birds, he gets to work wood for a reason, I get to come help and watch, win win

Got my IRS Tax extension all filed - Schwab always sends me some correction around Jun/July so I just file an extension now because doing an amendment just sucks donkey I did get my Son here and showed him how to do his on PAPER. I think they all need to know this. And yes I have been doing his all this time because I spoil him to make up for a crappy childhood But he is now talking with me Adult to Adult (finally) not child to mother if that makes sense.
Anyway, I told him if something happens to me that he needs to do things on time and correctly.

Well Off to see what I can get away with NOT doing Laundry is already done.
I could do the lawn leaves but why........ it's gonna snow tomorrow HAHAHHAHA
Afternoon Lin...thanks for the reminder...I've got to start thinking about doing my taxes...good thing we Bay Staters have some extra time. Saw another place in Colrain popped up...1300 sq ft 3/2 log cabin on 23 acres...barn...salt water pool for your evening skinny dipping...only $469. Check it out.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:33 PM
BIGKEN

Old 04-02-2024, 04:24 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,779 Likes on 1,500 Posts
Good afternoon Ford Fans!

73° in the shade this afternoon! Pretty nice if all you have to do is hang out in the shade. Everything I need to do is in the bright sunshine, but what I want to do is in the shade. Oh Well, it beats below zero and windy!

Old 04-02-2024, 05:03 PM
BIGKEN
Good evening all...turned into a Triple D Day...just like prognosticators promised. It' been raining lightly for the past 4 hours...gonna take a break early tomorrow AM...then...a wintry mix moves in and will last through tomorrow...ending mid morning on Weekend Eve. We will then have a mix starting about 2100 that evening...ending very early on Saturday For All. Prognosticators are threatening us with 2-4" of white crap. Just MA Nature letting us know who the boss really is.

The Bs are in Nashville to take on the Preds tonight...puck drops at 2000.

The Green Wave Boy's Track Team took on Franklin Tech yesterday and won the meet...89-52. Jonathan took first in 2 events...discus at 113' 6" and javelin at 105' 5"...neither one his personal best...just good enough to win yesterday. Not bad considering they really don't have a coach to work with them. The kids pretty much learn everything by watching YOUTUBE videos. Jonathan joked that he'd like to break the state record...he's only got another 129' on the javelin and 99' on the discus. I guess he's got some work to do.

A couple of loads of laundry done this morning...I'm exhausted. Hope y'all have a great evening!!!

Old 04-02-2024, 06:59 PM
Lin19687
Cargo Master
Received 152 Likes on 134 Posts
Hey ya Tim, glad it is nice and HOT there LOL I'll take my chilly here anyday over a 90+ day

Ken glad you got the Laundry done, well most of it anyway.

I went to the Bees today to say HI. I had left out a hive 1/3 full of old honey for them to rob out 2 weeks ago. A mouse moved in.. darn brat. Turns out there were 2 so there are now 2 dead mice in the field for the wild life to eat

I then took a long walk around the neighborhood with the girls.

It's going to be PJ's till Friday it looks like hahaha

Old 04-03-2024, 04:01 AM
BIGKEN
Good morning Massachusetts...and...wandering enthusiasts...Happy Hump Saturday!!! Wet to start the day...with the real storm front moving in from the Southwest which will turn to a wintry mix mid morning...prognosticators are still calling for 2-4" for us...up to 10" in the hill towns to the West...and...up to 6" to the East. Up in the mountains of NH and VT...up to 2 FEET. Hope MA Nature is treating you better!!!

The Bs shut out the Preds last night in Nashville...3-0...the Sucks won again in Oakland...5-4. Not sure beating the As really counts though. There were about 6,000 fans in the stands.

Lin...who said I was done with the laundry??? Are you ever really done with laundry???

Off to "work" soon...hope y'all have a great day!!!

Old 04-03-2024, 04:41 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,573 Likes on 1,464 Posts
Happy Hump Day Massachusetts, Ken, Lin and all the crew. Yesterday was a stormy day with 90+ mph winds causing a lot of damage throughout the region. Storms return this evening and I hope the wind doesn't!

Ken, have a great day at work.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:51 AM
Lin19687
Cargo Master
Received 152 Likes on 134 Posts
Wow Rod, 90+ gusts ! Hope you all are ok out there. Did you get any snow with that or just wind?

Starting to get some sleet mixed in here, they said it wouldn't but my Windows are literally telling me other wise
Got Doc appt at 0745 tomorrow morning, just thyroid check. I did tell them when ever but didn't think they would have one open this week. Oh well, it's all good as it's like a couple miles from here and right off the highway 2 short exits from me. I am only a mile & 1/2 from the highway too.

Off to FB to look for some cheap 2"x12" boards and Ply

Old 04-03-2024, 11:35 AM
BIGKEN
Good afternoon all...just a plain old nasty day here...Triple D for sure. A bit of sleet earlier...but...now just rain. Prognosticators have upped their threat...now calling for 3-6" around here.

Almost time to hit the couch for my nap.

Originally Posted by 5_labsownus
Happy Hump Day Massachusetts, Ken, Lin and all the crew. Yesterday was a stormy day with 90+ mph winds causing a lot of damage throughout the region. Storms return this evening and I hope the wind doesn't!

Ken, have a great day at work.
Howdy Rod..."work" was splendiferous this morning... Dominique was my primary...she just finished training a few weeks ago...she fits in well!!! 90MPH......that's Cat 1 Tornado according to the Enhanced Fujita Scale. Hope you escaped unscathed!!!

Originally Posted by Lin19687
Wow Rod, 90+ gusts ! Hope you all are ok out there. Did you get any snow with that or just wind?

Starting to get some sleet mixed in here, they said it wouldn't but my Windows are literally telling me other wise
Got Doc appt at 0745 tomorrow morning, just thyroid check. I did tell them when ever but didn't think they would have one open this week. Oh well, it's all good as it's like a couple miles from here and right off the highway 2 short exits from me. I am only a mile & 1/2 from the highway too.

Off to FB to look for some cheap 2"x12" boards and Ply
Afternoon Lin...hope your appointment goes well in the morning. Good luck finding the 2"X12"...not a lot of cheap wood out there.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:42 AM
BIGKEN
Locally...early this morning...vacant...no injuries...

Old 04-03-2024, 12:30 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,129 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Looks and sounds like an insurance fire !

Old 04-03-2024, 01:12 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,779 Likes on 1,500 Posts
Good afternoon Ken and Company!

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Good evening all...turned into a Triple D Day...just like prognosticators promised. It' been raining lightly for the past 4 hours...gonna take a break early tomorrow AM...then...a wintry mix moves in and will last through tomorrow...ending mid morning on Weekend Eve. We will then have a mix starting about 2100 that evening...ending very early on Saturday For All. Prognosticators are threatening us with 2-4" of white crap. Just MA Nature letting us know who the boss really is.

The Bs are in Nashville to take on the Preds tonight...puck drops at 2000.

The Green Wave Boy's Track Team took on Franklin Tech yesterday and won the meet...89-52. Jonathan took first in 2 events...discus at 113' 6" and javelin at 105' 5"...neither one his personal best...just good enough to win yesterday. Not bad considering they really don't have a coach to work with them. The kids pretty much learn everything by watching YOUTUBE videos. Jonathan joked that he'd like to break the state record...he's only got another 129' on the javelin and 99' on the discus. I guess he's got some work to do.

A couple of loads of laundry done this morning...I'm exhausted. Hope y'all have a great evening!!!
So, if I read you correctly the state record for Javelin is 234' 5" Holy Cow!

Old 04-03-2024, 02:23 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,129 Likes on 1,025 Posts
You can say that again, Tim !!! 234' 5" AMAZING !

Old 04-03-2024, 05:37 PM
BIGKEN
Good evening all...it's starting to get white out there...lots of accidents in surrounding towns...it seems to be mostly 4X4 and AWD vehicles that are involved.

Sucks are playing game 3 of their series with the As...they won...1-0.

Hope y'all have a great evening!!!

Originally Posted by BPofMD
Looks and sounds like an insurance fire !
They'll never find out what caused the fire...the place was leveled. It was an abandoned building...no gas or electric. Lots of mutual aid called as there were no hydrants and a tanker relay had to be established.

Old 04-03-2024, 05:39 PM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good afternoon Ken and Company!

So, if I read you correctly the state record for Javelin is 234' 5" Holy Cow!

Evening Tim...it was actually 234'10" back in way back in 1972. I remember 1972 well...do you??? Here are the state record holders...

mstca.org/records/outdoor-track/all-time/

Quick Reply: MA April 2024 BS Thread - Spring is here and taxes are due