FTE Chapter Leader

Received 125 Likes on 121 Posts
Still sunny and cool here, no rain yet.

Jim

Old 03-23-2024, 04:21 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Well, we logged 0.61” since midnight. It looks like I’m going to have to remove my down spouts from the gutters and try to get them cleaned out. When you have a waterfall coming off the roof, you know something isn’t right.

Yes, that’s 1/4” hailstones bouncing off the Bronco.

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-23-2024, 04:41 PM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts
The local weather is all microclimates. A little patch of bright sun, right across the street from rain. I was driving around and the heaviest rain was by SFO Airport, right where I280 connects to US101.

Only Fresno is being cheated out of the rain.

My Dad said that this world will flip upside down if POTUS unites with Mr. Putin to fight ISIS. SLIM to NONE chance of that happening. Not even the mention of sending aide. Which to me, is the humanitarian action to take. Russia probably doesn't need our help. But still, we should offer.

Old 03-23-2024, 07:58 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Well it is finally raining here. I have not looked outside, but I can hear it coming down.

Jim

Old 03-23-2024, 08:55 PM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Another night of eating the poor man's dinner. I could be wrong, but I think I saved about $50. I'll need that money too, when The President calls to send me to Russia, to be the new special liaison to fight ISIS. I hear the The White House is cutting back on the per diems.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:20 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Well we are getting hammered. Thunder, Lightning, and Hail! It took over 30 minutes to go from Cottonwood to Anderson (less than 5 miles). Almost 3” of hail on the hill in between with CA drivers 🤢.

It was much worse further up the hill.

The following 2 users liked this post by Modoc:
Old 03-23-2024, 10:17 PM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
That looks pretty wild. We had a few minutes of hail. Nothing like what you had to face. By that time, I was already sitting down to my 2 cheeseburger dinner. I like having 2 burgers, as opposed to a double cheeseburger. I like the extra bun, lettuce, tomato, et cetera. Which explains my obesity.

Originally Posted by Modoc
Well we are getting hammered. Thunder, Lightning, and Hail! It took over 30 minutes to go from Cottonwood to Anderson (less than 5 miles). Almost 3” of hail on the hill in between with CA drivers 🤢.

It was much worse further up the hill.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:52 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
@fifty150, I hear you about the micro climates, we left my folks house with no signs of hail and within a block were seeing hail (1/2” deep). It ended within 200 feet of turning off their street until we got on I-5. That was an oh $#!t moment because there are no exits until you are over the crest of the hill.

I’m more of a double double person, since I’m trying to cut down on the carbohydrates, maybe I should go with the burgers wrapped in lettuce leaves 🤣

The following 2 users liked this post by Modoc:
Old 03-23-2024, 11:32 PM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
I was a Double Double guy until not too long ago. I love double cheeseburgers. Then I saw one of my coworkers order 2 cheeseburgers. I asked him why. And it suddenly made sense. Why stop at double the meat and cheese? Why not double everything else?

Living in The City makes me spoiled. I don't have to buy my buns at grocery store prices. I go directly to the bakery. The same bread that the grocery store sells for $4 - $6, is about $2. Not just bread, but all sorts of pastries, pies, snack cakes, et cetera. The same name brands. Because this place does the baking and distributing. When you see all of those bread trucks delivering to the store, they are coming from this bakery. Oh, and they are hiring. $42 an hour. $15,000 sign on bonus. $84,000 a year. $99,000 your first year. This is why it is so hard to hire public safety. Who wants to get shot at, or have to run into a burning building, for less money?

Old 03-24-2024, 12:01 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,612 Likes on 1,444 Posts
Good night you wet and wild truckers!

Old 03-24-2024, 12:32 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Fifty150
Another night of eating the poor man's dinner. I could be wrong, but I think I saved about $50. I'll need that money too, when The President calls to send me to Russia, to be the new special liaison to fight ISIS. I hear the The White House is cutting back on the per diems.

Looks like the ones I had this past week, except for the avocado. I had the caregiver put that in a small bowl on the side.

Jim

Old 03-24-2024, 12:38 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I need to find a Bimbo's near me. The buns I used were too small to stack all the extra's on.
Bought just the thing for those stormy hail prone nights Or fogged in nights too:

Actually, I bought it for when I work security at the church. I am now working three nights a week, and this would be perfect for patrolling the parking lot. Of course, I have to get the truck back first. The light bar will be here Tuesday night. I told the owner of the shop I need the truck by Tuesday so I can go to the DMV and get the registration renewed. He said it would be done by then. Of course, he has failed every promise to have it done so far, so I will take that with a grain of salt.

Jim

Old 03-24-2024, 02:28 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Nighteyez

I need to find a Bimbo's near me. The buns I used were too small to stack all the extra's on.

The sesame seed buns are Ballpark Tailgaters. They make pretty good corned beef sandwiches also. I went there today. Picked up some Alfaro's bread. The bread truck driver pulls everything off the shelf and restocks the store with bread made fresh that day. Then the pulled products go back to the Bimbo factory, where they sell it in that little shed. It's always close to, or on, the sell by date. But there's nothing wrong with it. And the bread is usually good for weeks past the sell by date. Before Bimbo bought the bakery operation and moved it to South San Francisco, it was located in San Francisco as Oroweat Entenmann's. A field trip to the industrial district to the bread factory was like a special treat for neighborhood kids.

The kids like that brioche bread for grilled cheese. Those kids in my family are spoiled. They eat gourmet food. When I was a kid, we just had food. Of course, now that I think about it, I grew up in Chinatown & North Beach. The food we ate, is what "foodies" today go crazy over. One of our neighborhood snacks was focaccia fresh from a bakery which makes it every morning, and paper thin slices of coppa. Decades later, the television show "The Sopranos" made it popular as "gabagool". When we ate dim sum, it was just food. Today, it's a gourmet delicacy.

Old 03-24-2024, 02:37 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
It looks like Fresno has several commercial bakeries. You may be able to get your bread at a lower cost.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:39 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Looks like Winco foods is the closest to me. Thanks. However, the Walmart Neighborhood Market sells the Ball Park tailgaters I think, so I will look there next time I go.

Jim

Quick Reply: March 2024 all topic thread