General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

DON'T throw snowballs

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 07:10 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
DON'T throw snowballs

Local newspaper story:

A snowball fight became physical when a participant missed his target and hit a passing jogger.
Two local boys, 13 and 14 years old, were throwing snowballs at each other near the intersection of Fourth and Interstate Ave. The 14-year-old told police that he was trying to hit the other boy with the snowball that struck a woman jogging past.
The boy said the jogger became angry, grabbed him, head-butted him and punched him three to four times. The woman described by the boys as 40 years old with black clothing, gave them an obsene gesture as she ran off.
The 14-year-old had no signs of injury but complained that his face hurt. Police are looking for the jogger for questioing.

I'm sorry, but I find this funny yet somewhat disturbing

Old 11-21-2003, 07:23 PM
drunkenmonk
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when I was 14, if I hit a jogger with a snowball, I sure wouldn't complain to a cop

kids today are getting wussier and wussier

Old 11-21-2003, 07:56 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey... youre all missing the big picture- one chick took on two boys... their fathers should be ashamed

Old 11-21-2003, 07:59 PM
drunkenmonk
Posting Guru
that was kinda what I meant

anyway I think the cop should slapped the boys in the head, for a few reasons

Old 11-21-2003, 08:07 PM
Texan1983
Posting Guru
another thing though, why did the woman flip out like that? it was a stinking snow ball. now if they were taunting her and throwing it, thats different. oh well i probably would have just got in my buddys plow truck and burried them!

Old 11-21-2003, 08:13 PM
christaylor
Posting Guru
Since when can't two young boys out run a 40 year old jogger or not. as I always say "I can run scared faster than you can run mad"

Old 11-21-2003, 08:56 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used to throw snowballs at city buses until my dad told me not to. He was a transit supervisor, and some of his "underlings" complained to him that their buses were being pelted in front of our house. (All the bus drivers knew where he lived) So that was the end of pelting buses in front of our house. We just kept on hitting them at bus stops and any other place we felt so inclined.

Old 11-21-2003, 09:33 PM
2Bowers
Posting Guru
My now wife told me she liked me by whacking me with a snowball. Kid stuff, but it worked. Maybe that jogger woman needs to get hit more often, she sounds really uptight.

Old 11-21-2003, 09:39 PM
TheBrokenMarine
Senior User
Last winter my girl and I were driving down the road when two boys, probably around the same age were sitting on the side of the road. I told her that I figured that they were going to throw a snowball at us...sure as hell they threw it when we drove by...I was already outta the car...I chased them through yards and across two streets til I caught them. They were both crying when I got to them...

I know...I need anger management courses. Hopefully I prevented them from doing it to anyone else. Glad I was in my cammies and not in my dress uniform--lets me run faster

Old 11-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Knobby4604X4
Senior User
Nobody has commented on the fact that she head-butted the boy! Do any of you know 40 year old women who jog who would even consider head-butting someone? That's more than just someone upset by a snowball! Maybe the steroids have reached the 'anger' phase!

Old 11-21-2003, 10:36 PM
RJR99SS
Elder User
when i was a kid me and my friends hid in a tree by the road, and threw snowballs at cars that went by. Most didnt care. Some would stop and pull in the driveway, and knock on our door. But my parents werent home, and we ran off hiding.

One guy started yelling for us to come out, so we took turns running up and hitting him with snowballs. The dude would chase whichever one of the kids threw it, then the kid would lead him into an ambush and we'd all just pummel him. This happend three or four times. Then this guy started LOUDLY crying, and walked back to his car and drove away.

We threw more snowballs at his car as he drove away. It was halarious at the time. Nowadays i think that guy went home and hanged himself. Oh well...

Old 11-21-2003, 10:37 PM
rebel_ford4x4
Posting Guru
im not siding with the woman, but kids tend to blow things outta proportion too. seems kinda wierd that some grown woman would just headbutt some kids.

there are some characters in the world though, especially in the bigger cities.

Old 11-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Andysutt
Postmaster
I got in a huge fite with a guy over something like that once.
I was outside in the garage working on somethign with the door up...
My brother and his friend were throwing snowballs at cars.
Well... a guy stopped, started cussing at them, I got up, walked outside, and asked him to calm down and that Id make sure they quit. The guy started cursing me and pushed me... that was it....
End of story... guy left, snow was red... Sucks to be that guy

Old 11-22-2003, 01:11 AM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
hey my brother has a similar story, only that it deals with apples, not snowballs

Old 11-22-2003, 03:03 AM
christop43
Posting Guru
Funny this story came up when it did. About a week ago I was driving down the road in my neighborhood when from out of nowhere my truck was hit by a snowball. For a second I was steaming mad, then I remembered that it wasn't all that long ago that I was doing the same thing. I had to crack a smile and just laugh. I guess I am getting soft in my old age

Quick Reply: DON'T throw snowballs