2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

White Clearance lights...illegal

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 10:04 AM
acadianbob
Cargo Master
Received 550 Likes on 308 Posts
Why would one ever need cab lights? I have gotten along very well for years without them.

Old 10-29-2023, 10:50 AM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,671 Likes on 1,368 Posts
Originally Posted by acadianbob
Why would one ever need cab lights? I have gotten along very well for years without them.
Some of us like like them, some don't.

On duellies it's standard , on srw it's needed.

It's like me saying why would one ever need a Lariat?

Old 10-29-2023, 11:13 AM
bbronco66
Mountain Pass
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
DOT requirement to “indicate presence of a wide vehicle" to other motorists, hence why they are mandatory on a dually but optional on an SRW truck.

Old 10-29-2023, 01:31 PM
4wd6.7L
Lead Driver
Received 2,134 Likes on 1,603 Posts
Originally Posted by Powerstroke214
especially being that some OEM headlights are nearly unbearable.
Out of all the cars/trucks on the road with OEM headlights, I have found Teslas to consistently be the most obnoxious. I was starting to think all Tesla drivers drive with their high beams on until I flashed a couple only to find they were in fact their low beams. It is so consistent and harsh to my eyes that I would think the NHTSA would be aware. Even large (stock) trucks like the SD with LED headlights are far less disturbing to my eyes.

Having only owned vehicles with halogens prior to my '19 SD, I don't notice the shortcomings you mentioned with the 17-19 LED headlights. They work beautifully for me. I also had no complaints when the DRL recall was performed

Old 10-30-2023, 12:44 PM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Received 2,099 Likes on 1,428 Posts
Originally Posted by 4wd6.7L
Out of all the cars/trucks on the road with OEM headlights, I have found Teslas to consistently be the most obnoxious. I was starting to think all Tesla drivers drive with their high beams on until I flashed a couple only to find they were in fact their low beams. It is so consistent and harsh to my eyes that I would think the NHTSA would be aware. Even large (stock) trucks like the SD with LED headlights are far less disturbing to my eyes.

Having only owned vehicles with halogens prior to my '19 SD, I don't notice the shortcomings you mentioned with the 17-19 LED headlights. They work beautifully for me. I also had no complaints when the DRL recall was performed

Oh no, GM SUV have the worst, and NOT the headlights but the damned driving lights on the bumper, they reflect right into my eyes from a distance and when it gets closer then the reflection drops, but in the meantime they are right in my face.

I put LED in my wifes Focus years ago and they were not glaring. She got hit by a tire tread that took out the lower bumper, shutters and pushed the radiator back so it went to a body shop. A few weeks later we somehow met up coming to the drive from opposite directions in the dark and she was blinding me. Note, they were not blinding when installed a few years ago. I found the body shop replaced both headlights and didn't clock the bulbs or align the light. Once I got the bulbs properly clocked and lowered the light, they no longer were blinding. When properly clocked and aligned, the LED bulbs shouldn't blind anyone. If the bulbs can't be clocked, then you have the wrong bulbs.