2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2023 F250 XLT 7.3L Regular Cab - CARLI Full Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2023, 03:49 PM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts
Thanks Under-Pressure, seems we’re both in our mid-50’s and can appreciate the ol’ school look. Everybody builds crews,..but I wanted one a little different,….but, when I looked at the new single cabs, they didn’t have some of those “nice-to-have’s-as-my-***-gets-older” options 😂. Not that I’m a pansy or nuthin’, but I just traded in a 2019 Raptor, so I kinda got used to “some” of that stuff,…never used 2/3rds of those Raptor gadgets though,…didn’t even know what they did.

Badass color on yer truck….not a color nut,…but, reckon if Ida seen that truck, Ida bought that instead of the white. Do you remember if those are 20” rims on there? I’m looking for some OEM 18” wheels (I’d like to keep stock),…..the existing wheels are painted on my truck,….they look ok, but I’ve seen better stockers on the street,… just don’t know what size they are. If Ford has 18’s that look like yours,….I’d be game. Tremor wheels look ok, but, rather not go ‘white truck with solid black wheels’,…..you see those everywhere.

Reason I’m looking for stock 18’s - when the 37’s get slapped on, I want as much sidewall meat as I can get,…for a hair,…..and I mean a hair,… smoother ride. On our F250’s, you can go as low as 17” wheels, but that’s aftermarket,….

I kid you not,….I just went back up and looked at your truck pic again,…… man I like that color on a single cab 😎

Question for you Ford - why not make single cabs with more options than you currently have? You’re missing a big market - a lot of retired, or about to retire, dudes don’t need a big crew cab truck, but still need to haul a load,….it’s usually just the wife and him at the house, kids have done gone off in the world,…so a single cab is all they need + easier to wash and clean the inside. Old dudes look at that kinda stuff,…believe it or not. If we need to take more than 2 people, we take the ol’ ladies Explorer.
‘My ol’ 83 F350 single cab 4x4 below has every options from the factory that was available for that year model - I have the factory build tick sheet in the glovebox. Thus Ford used to do it,….would be cool if they did it again. I’d buy a Lariat, KR or Platinum single cab truck,….eventually, my XLT will have some of those options.

Old 10-12-2023, 06:07 PM
Rwhjr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 788 Likes on 476 Posts
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
Thanks Rwhjr,….apologies,….you’re right, I should have wrote “reference post 66 & 68 above.”

I’m looking to put the digital gauge cluster in my 2023 XLT (currently has the smaller screen) - been told the digital gauge clusters all have push button start, instead of keys (like my XLT). Also been told the ignition / push button start “area” is different than the keyed version,…..trying to figure out how they’re different so I can devise workaround,…or, if it’s even worth doing.

I do know,…switching from a key to push button start is waaay too much of a PITA - so, looking to see what’s up with this. Infotainment is working on it, but, figured I’d give it a go as well,…simply trying to gather info. Thanks man.
yeah I would say all physical parts would swap easy

now what all is involved on the electronic side and the hidden parts involved with the keyless ignition might make it not worthwhile

i love the keyless ignition. Makes it nice when my hands are full and keys are in the pocket to be able to just get in and press a single button and drive away

honestly I’ve always enjoyed modifying my vehicles (haven’t had much time yet with my 23 super duty) but it can be pretty rewarding if you can pull it off without going through so much hassle that it makes it not worth it.

interested to watch you pluck away making changes

Old 10-12-2023, 06:28 PM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Thanks Rwhjr, yes sir, I’m like you, and a lot of guys on here,…enjoy modifying. Agree bud, should be able to make hard parts fit-out,…appears the electronic side needs further investigating,….. that’s right up my alley though - need to get my hands on the wiring diagrams next,… so I can see a few things.

First three ‘Stage 2’ mods planned - OEM 12” screen, digital gauge cluster and climate controls with all three sensors. Should set the single cab up right on the inside.

But, before I do the first 3 above, I have to arrange “all” planned OEM mods - see which ones interact with others (permissives, lockouts, etc.) and arrange the mods so they get installed sequentially,…… without step-backs, rework, or the proverbial oh-s*it’s 😂

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-13-2023, 05:37 AM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Morning men,….first thought to pop into my head when I woke this morning was “2 days and a wake up”,…….we’ll,….actually, the first thought was, ‘“gotta hit the pisser”. When you get over 50, that toilet becomes a valuable asset 😂. When ya gotta go, you best be finding one,….close. Durn sure can’t hold it like I used too 🤣

For all you ex-military dudes out there, y’all remember “single digit midget”? For non-military, that means you’re down to single digit days before you go back to being a civilian again.
On my last day in the military, I didn’t even show up for 0700 muster,…..I went up there about 20min before muster and put my boots where I typically stood, then placed my hat on top of my boots,….told the boys, “hell, I’m so short, you can’t even see my *ss”. I was hungover that morning (big surprise), so I eased on back down to my rack area to lick my wounds 😎

Old 10-13-2023, 12:15 PM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Heck yeah men - just got off the phone with Savage 4x4 in Ft. Meyers, FL. - confirmed 0800 Monday morning Carli / 37” Nitto installation start - pick up Wednesday morning.

Went out and took stock height measurements of the front/ rear center wheel wells, front center bumper, and rear hitch center - once done, I’ll remeasure/ provide differences.

Just received OEM parts shipment from TASCA, part numbers match what I ordered - tailgate damper, under hood insulation pad with push-ins, and floor mat retainer nipples. Will be installing the tailgate and hood parts this weekend - further provide fitment confirmation/ pics.

By Wednesday next week, only two things left to compete Stage 1 - Katzkin leather (round 20th) and the Diamondback cover with tool box (ships round 28th)

Old 10-13-2023, 01:49 PM
Under-Pressure
Tuned
Received 196 Likes on 91 Posts
Thanks Under-Pressure, seems we’re both in our mid-50’s and can appreciate the ol’ school look. Everybody builds crews,..but I wanted one a little different,….but, when I looked at the new single cabs, they didn’t have some of those “nice-to-have’s-as-my-***-gets-older” options 😂. Not that I’m a pansy or nuthin’, but I just traded in a 2019 Raptor, so I kinda got used to “some” of that stuff,…never used 2/3rds of those Raptor gadgets though,…didn’t even know what they did.

Badass color on yer truck….not a color nut,…but, reckon if Ida seen that truck, Ida bought that instead of the white. Do you remember if those are 20” rims on there? I’m looking for some OEM 18” wheels (I’d like to keep stock),…..the existing wheels are painted on my truck,….they look ok, but I’ve seen better stockers on the street,… just don’t know what size they are. If Ford has 18’s that look like yours,….I’d be game. Tremor wheels look ok, but, rather not go ‘white truck with solid black wheels’,…..you see those everywhere.

Reason I’m looking for stock 18’s - when the 37’s get slapped on, I want as much sidewall meat as I can get,…for a hair,…..and I mean a hair,… smoother ride. On our F250’s, you can go as low as 17” wheels, but that’s aftermarket,….

I kid you not,….I just went back up and looked at your truck pic again,…… man I like that color on a single cab 😎

Question for you Ford - why not make single cabs with more options than you currently have? You’re missing a big market .
Those were 20” Lariat wheels I put on that truck with 35” tires. It had 18” wheels stock. Also put a 2wd front valance on it.

Old 10-13-2023, 02:02 PM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 375 Likes on 223 Posts
Below pics are driver and passenger side Husky regular cab floor mats per post #31 through #37 above - can confirm part #52721 is the correct one.

As from the pics, you can see they fit purty well. They do slide around a hair, but don’t move too much. The hold down nipple locations on the Husky mat are roughly an 1-1/2” off from stock vinyl floor locations. Guessing the mat nipple locations are different between carpet and vinyl flooring in these trucks, and these Husky’s would snap right in for carpet.

I purchased the OEM floor mat holder nipples for installation, as my carpet delete didn’t come with them - I’ll see over the next couple weeks how these mats fair out (as far as shifting around), before I decide wether I want to hack my vinyl floor to install nipples outside stock circle locations. Or, I may just go with stock OEM mats, we’ll see. I like the look and coverage of the Husky’s though, and they are a bit more pliable than others.

On mine, I drilled small holes in the passenger mat so that the OE retaining studs could be used. Without that, the floor mat slid around on the vinyl floor way too much. It was annoying.

Old 10-13-2023, 02:09 PM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Yeah man, that’s a nice lookin’ ride for sure - clean.
I think those wheels are what makes that color pop, you hit the nail on the head. The 2WD valance is a nice touch too,…yes sir, good lookin’ truck.

Old 10-13-2023, 02:19 PM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Thanks WXboy - good idea. Jury’s still out on this end, wether to just go with the stock mats, or keep these Husky’s. Although I haven’t driven it much, I’m noticing the same as you - ain’t causing me grief yet, but, still on the fence.

The Husky’s are good in my opinion, but do slide around a bit.

Old 10-14-2023, 06:01 AM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Day after tomorrow fellars,…day after tomorrow

Don't get excited bout much anymore men,….but, durn if I ain’t a little bit upity bout slapping this suspension and tires on the single cab. Wife’s been telling everyone, for the past 15 years, she ain’t never seen me get excited bout nothing,…I reckon that’s true to a bit.

Will be installing tailgate damper and under hood insulation pad this morning - I’ll confirm parts numbers with pics a bit later, once the sun comes up. Bounced out the rack at 0445 this morning,….now, sitting on my back porch, having a coffee and cigar,….watching and listening to the World wake up,……waiting for light.

Old 10-15-2023, 07:38 AM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Morning fellars,…..tomorrow is the day the single cab heads south for a makeover,…..time went fast.

Didn’t take the time to install the tailgate damper or under hood insulation yesterday,….got wrapped up in College football - a few good SEC games yesterday,…kept my attention diverted,…. and didn’t even have a single cold beer during the games yesterday (sacrilege &#128512.

I’ll go ahead and pop one off from an M1 grenade launcher,….. ain’t no other college football conference out there that can hang with the SEC 🤣 (immature,…. I know).

Probably install those two OEM items today.

I don’t watch much Pro ball anymore, if any, since the day they started kneeling during the National Anthem,….and the NFL Commissioner sissy’d out by not standing up to the players and saying “I don’t care if you want to protest,…feel free, I support it. But, you do that **** on your time,….not the NFL’s time. You guys are heroes to many kids in this Nation,…and yet, they see you disrespecting our nation,… and the men who previously died defending the way of life,….that allows your sorry *** to be sitting there today?”

I’m a war veteran fellars,….seen men die for this Country of ours,….Ida put a boot, dead in their ***, for kneeling,…. if I’d been there. Newspaper headlines woulda read, “NFL player gets his *** wiped off the map by fan, for kneeling during National Anthem.” Instead of putting them on a pedestal,…like the mainstream media did.

Disturbing, we as a culture, would tolerate this disrespect in-any-way-shape-or-form,….. people who do let it go,….ain’t never been there.

Old 10-16-2023, 01:17 PM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Single cab went south to Savage 4x4 in Fort Meyers, FL. this morning for Carli Pintop / Nitto installations,…..truck had 248.9 miles on it when I pulled in. Install completion tomorrow evening,…..road test / adjust upper steering stabilizer pressure Wednesday morning.

Carli plans to start shipping their lower steering stabilizer/ diff guard for the 23’s mid-Nov - currently taking orders in readiness,….I may get one, depending if truck pulls to the left any. Per Carli - their upper helps with right pull, and the lower helps with left pull….as you can vary each stabilizer’s PSI to dial them in. From what I’ve read and heard (not witnessed), Nitto’s don’t pull as bad as Toyo’s,…..but, that could be BS from dudes with a past tire beefs.

Went around back to Savage’s shop bays and eyeballed the Carli parts still wrapped / strapped to the shipping pallet,…..y’all can picture what I thought,…. I think 🤣.

And, they had just finished installing a Carli kit on someone else’s F250 (sitting there, waiting for pick up),….so you know I just HAD-TO go check the install quality,…..looked good. I have a full list of inspection points to check, when I go back to pick mine up,…. from what I saw on the finished F250 this morning,…..should be a very quick inspection.

Did not install the OEM tailgate damper, or the under hood insulation pad yesterday,…..stayed lazy.

Should be able to provide pics,….and measurements of stock heights versus final install heights - this Wednesday/ Thursday.

Wasn’t too terribly looking forward to the 1-1/2 hour drive down South this morning,……something hints,…I may be looking forward to the ride back 😁

Old 10-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Morning men,…. we may have a bonus feature inbound - spoke with Will at Savage 4x4 near closing time yesterday to request some eye candy pics during the Carli install, so I could include on this thread. He said no problem, he likes taking pics like that.

Should be kicking a few install pics in here later today,….not that you haven’t seen a plethora of install pics before 😎

Old 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
dzdiggin'dude
Tuned
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
Have a Miller High Life in my hand reading this and I may be as excited as you. Have fun.

Old 10-18-2023, 07:43 AM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Thanks dzdiggin’dude,….yeah man, bout the only time I get excited is when someone messes with the Hutchinson family,…..but, must admit, this truck build has created a bit of upity in me. I build things for a living,….that’s my nature,…. so I’ve always got a project, or three, around the house in the works 😎

Got a hair behind schedule,….spoke with Owners Jordan and Will at Savage 4x4 yesterday, and they let me know,…one of their dudes needed to take care of something yesterday. No sweat on my end,…..pick truck up Thursday, instead of Wednesday.

Felt bad for Jordan though, he was sincerely apologetic,…..but, I know how it goes, running a businesses,….thus totally understand. One person missing, messes with the schedule,….I know that scene all too well.

Rather have it done right the first time,…...take yer time fellars, no sweat 😎. I have no doubt on Savage’s install quality,….

I have a TEAMS teleconference Thursday morning at 1000 about some upcoming power plant build outs across the U.S.,…..looks like I might be doing it from the truck, on the ride back home 🤪 No sweat,…..done some lucrative works in the past this way 😀

We should have some Carli install pics later today.

Quick Reply: 2023 F250 XLT 7.3L Regular Cab - CARLI Full Build