Do you trust Amazon??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 08:51 AM
Hot pocket
Cross-Country
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Do you trust Amazon??

Hey Guys,
I have always avoided places like Amazon and other online retailers that have reputations for selling counterfeit parts. With the prices going through the roof, I am starting to wonder if it might be worth it to order from a vendor that I am not quite familiar with.
Also I saw a video of a guy who ordered a 5" turbo back exhaust (4" downpipe) from Amazon and he seemed pretty happy with it.
Have you guys been ordering things like oil filters, oil, fuel additives, coolant additives, sensors and the such from amazon?

Thanks,

-HP

Old 09-19-2023, 08:53 AM
Hot pocket
Cross-Country
for instance:
this EBPV Delete kit:
Amazon Amazon

Old 09-19-2023, 09:20 AM
udsuth78
Logistics Pro
Received 1,352 Likes on 1,012 Posts
I'm fine with Amazon for most things, but definitely not sensors. I probably wouldn't buy a turbo, but exhaust parts, seals, lopo, those kinds of things sure. If the price is in line with what everyone else is selling that brand and part for then I feel fairly confident it's genuine.

The following users liked this post:
Old 09-19-2023, 09:26 AM
Tpayne621
Cargo Master
Received 1,153 Likes on 743 Posts
I buy a good bit of stuff from Amazon regularly. Check customer submitted review section before you buy anything. Then inspect if well to see if it's genuine Motorcraft parts. From my experiences all of the parts I have purchased from "Amazon warehouse" in tbe seller section has been legit. Tlsome teams will have 20-30 different sellers and you can pick which one you want.

Also inspect part well and look for known Motorcraft marking on bags/boxes. If your unsure ask or just return it. Amazon is great about giving your money back no questions asked.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tpayne621:
Old 09-19-2023, 09:28 AM
jstihl
Cargo Master
Received 332 Likes on 270 Posts
There are certain things that I have ordered from Amazon like oil but me personally I would not order that delete kit. If things don't line up just right then you're out all of that time and work, in my opinion it's just not worth it. I would get the Riff Raff house brand delete kit. As far as sensors go I have ordered some from Amazon in the past but after I found out that there was a lot of counterfeits the only place I will get sensors from is a reputable dealer now. Aftermarket Up pipes is one thing that comes to mind that people have had good luck with (myself included). It's a slippery slope for sure, I understand wanting to save money but all of the downtime and frustration from using some of the cheap aftermarket parts is just not worth it. If you do plan on buying off-brand parts I would recommend posting it here to see if anyone has had good luck with them before you buy

Old 09-19-2023, 09:40 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 844 Likes on 642 Posts
Originally Posted by Hot pocket
for instance:
this EBPV Delete kit: https://www.amazon.com/1999-5-2003-P...s%2C126&sr=8-8
You don't even need that much. Turbo has to come out to replace the stand anyway. What I did was buy a stand all by itself somewhere, (don't remember where now, it's been a decade and a half). Install new stand. While the turbo is on the bench examine the butterfly valve. You'll find that the valve itself is held into the shaft with two short little screws. Remove screws and them slide the valve out of the slot in the shaft. Remove the shaft from the housing and then cut some NPT threads of the appropriate size to be able to install NPT fittings into the hole that the shaft left behind. You now have a EBPV deleted exhaust housing without having to pay for it. Reinstall everything and drive.

The following 2 users liked this post by Kwikkordead:
Old 09-19-2023, 10:04 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,507 Likes on 973 Posts
Or just buy a 1/4" npt plug and gut the ebpv, weld bottom of old butterfly valve closed with cut piece of the old shaft.

amazon sucks now adays, sometimes its just faster to drive and go buy what you need than wait two weeks for something to show up looking like it fell out of a plane at 36K feet

Old 09-19-2023, 10:12 AM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 237 Likes on 161 Posts
I wouldn't buy filters from sources like Amazon and ebay, too much risk of either counterfeit or old. It's just not worth is, an engine/transmission is an expensive piece of equipment and getting more expensive all the time. When you consider that by doing our own maintenance we save so much cash we can afford to buy the best parts and still come out way ahead.

Old 09-19-2023, 10:22 AM
udsuth78
Logistics Pro
I gotta ask, how old would a oil filter have to get to not be good?

The following 2 users liked this post by udsuth78:
Old 09-19-2023, 10:24 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 844 Likes on 642 Posts
Originally Posted by udsuth78
I'll guess until we are long dead and buried as long as it didn't sit out in the rain.

The following 2 users liked this post by Kwikkordead:
Old 09-19-2023, 10:28 AM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 237 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by udsuth78
They do have expiration dates. What I learned doing research was that old filters can suffer from loss of adhesion as the glue dries out.

The following 2 users liked this post by bigb56:
Old 09-19-2023, 12:41 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,507 Likes on 973 Posts
some have silicone parts inside as well dont they?

Old 09-19-2023, 01:07 PM
Hot pocket
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by jstihl
There are certain things that I have ordered from Amazon like oil but me personally I would not order that delete kit. If things don't line up just right then you're out all of that time and work, in my opinion it's just not worth it. I would get the Riff Raff house brand delete kit. As far as sensors go I have ordered some from Amazon in the past but after I found out that there was a lot of counterfeits the only place I will get sensors from is a reputable dealer now. Aftermarket Up pipes is one thing that comes to mind that people have had good luck with (myself included). It's a slippery slope for sure, I understand wanting to save money but all of the downtime and frustration from using some of the cheap aftermarket parts is just not worth it. If you do plan on buying off-brand parts I would recommend posting it here to see if anyone has had good luck with them before you buy
I recently bought the riffraff EBPV delete pedestal, outlet, o-ring kit, and doghouse kit and it was a great solid product. No complaints at all, pricing was super fair for the quality. I installed them in an afternoon with my 11year old son... on my 2002 7.3 that was stolen a few weeks ago.

I am looking to get this new to me e99/99.5 Frankenstein (thought it was an e99, but the at least the turbo is L99) upgraded with a similar setup as i really like the turbo spool up and the low egts on my '02. (had the ebpv delete with 4" turbo back exh and Afe cold air)

I took about a 4000$ hit on the 02 from the insurance (was still paying it off) and I just spent $750 on a revelco for the 99. Just trying to save some$ where i reasonably can. But most likely ill be waiting while is save up over the next few months. (I don't have to tow the camper until Christmas Vacation where ill be taking the fam from bay area California to Santa Fe, NM to visit family.)

Old 09-19-2023, 05:59 PM
udsuth78
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Hot pocket
for instance:
this EBPV Delete kit: https://www.amazon.com/1999-5-2003-P...s%2C126&sr=8-8
I bought these parts from Amazon a few years ago. Not this exact kit, but these parts individually from Amazon and haven't had any troubles out of them. For whatever that may be worth.

Old 09-20-2023, 09:46 AM
danskool
Go Bills !
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
IPR, ICP , Connectors and Pigtails. HA HA $48.

Quick Reply: Do you trust Amazon??