N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

June 2023 all topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 06:09 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 134 Likes on 128 Posts
Happy Tuesday Nor Cal. Attempted to go to the DMV today, but like a fool, I forgot to charge the scooter yesterday after riding around trying to find a DMV "partner" closer to home. So, I am not even halfway there, and my scooter is telling me that I don't have enough battery power to make it. So, I had to abort. As I pulled up to my door, the scooter was down to its last red LED. I will charge it up overnight and try again tomorrow. It is charging right now, but I have a Bible study to go to tonight, so when I come back, I will charge it again until morning. My church is less than half a mile, but I am not going to take any chances.

Jim

Old 06-21-2023, 10:40 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Leaving for the DMV soon. Will take the scooters battery charger just in case, but I kept it charging overnight, so it should be good.

Jim

Old 06-21-2023, 06:40 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

God is good! I went to the DMV and initially, the total bill was going to be $1,930. I almost choked. She said it has not been registered since 2020, so there were 3 years of late fees and penalties. I have no clue why the tow company paperwork states 2010, but that is a moot point now. Anyway, I asked if they take partial payments. They do, but only in cash, or check, no debit or credit cards. I told her I don't have either on me, she said I have 10 days from the date of sale to make a partial payment in order to stop any late fees on that. So, I will stop by the bank on Friday and go up there to take care of that. She then asked if I have a disabled placard. I told her yes. She said she could reduce the fees by taking the weight fees, and penalties off. When she was done, the total bill for everything was $988. Much better. I was figuring $900, so this is only $88 more. I am asking my church for help with the fees, and I will pay them back over the next 3 or 4 months. Since my credit score tanked after buying the Charger, nobody will give me a loan, especially one under $1,000. She also told me the seller didn't sign his name on the tow company paperwork. He printed it but did not sign it. Also, the tow company didn't put down "for" or "by" next to their name. Why that matters is beyond me. Anyway, since his house is on my way home from the DMV I stopped by and got his signature, and the key to the truck. He took everything he wanted out of it and let me keep the rest. There is a throttle body and O2 sensor along with a couple of coil packs.

I have already contacted the associate pastor at my church regarding the amount, we discussed this at church on Sunday, but I didn't know the exact amount. He told me to call him when I found out. I have contacted the VA regarding the scooter hoist install. They had approved one for the Toyota Tundra before I found out it was a scam, so I am sure they will approve this one. I told them I had the key and had just come from the DMV to do the title transfer and registration. I am hoping they can do the install before July 1st as I volunteered to help with my church's Fireworks stand this year on that date and it is located right at the edge of the scooters range. I don't want to worry about running the batteries down on the way home. Anyway, I am a happy camper. I thanked the lady at the DMV for saving me money and praised the Lord all at once. I am going to see what other resources I can get to help with getting the truck smog tested/repaired, and it will need two rear tires asap. I know there has to be organizations out there for this, I will just need to find them. I will call the VA liaison tomorrow and see where he steers me.

Jim

Last edited by Nighteyez; 06-21-2023 at 06:44 PM. Reason: add info
Old 06-22-2023, 01:51 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Thirsty Thursday Nor Cal. Hope everyone is doing well.

Jim

Old 06-23-2023, 10:01 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

TGIF. One more trip to the DMV to make a partial payment. Nothing else exiting going on today.

Jim

Old 06-23-2023, 10:13 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 221 Likes on 184 Posts
Wet. Cold. Windy. That's what it was yesterday, and that's what we have this morning.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:23 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

No wet, cold here, not even windy. Yesterday was a great day weather wise. Light breeze, mid 80's. Today it will be more of the same.

Jim

Old 06-24-2023, 09:56 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Saturday Nor Cal. Another sunny beautiful day here in the armpit of Cali.
Interesting day yesterday at the DMV. The lady I spoke to on Wednesday told me that if I make a partial payment it would stop any future penalties, however, the lady I spoke to yesterday said it would not stop any penalties. Same DMV two different answers. Go figure. Since I am not made of money, and haven't found that magical money tree I have no choice but to pay it when I can afford it. I am waiting for my church to let me know one way or the other if they will help. Also contacted the local VFW post, and they said to come back next week and they will see what they can do. If I end up with penalties, I will just have to get more money.

Jim

Old 06-24-2023, 10:31 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Third day of wet, cold, & windy. There's a rumor that we might get sun tomorrow.

Old 06-24-2023, 03:33 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

That is interesting. Usually when you get the wet stuff we get it the next day. Not so this time though.

Jim

Old 06-24-2023, 07:50 PM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
Third day of wet, cold, & windy. There's a rumor that we might get sun tomorrow.

Same thing here to the north of you. Wet, cold, & windy. This is a San Francisco summer.

Old 06-24-2023, 11:33 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,794 Likes on 1,508 Posts
Howdy guys,

Jim, Congrats on getting a discount at the DMV.

Old 06-25-2023, 11:30 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Now on our 4th day of wet, cold, and windy. Although yesterday it did get sunny in the afternoon.

Old 06-25-2023, 12:09 PM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts
The trees, ground, cars, and everything is wet. I'm calling a victory and declaring that we had rain.

Old 06-25-2023, 05:24 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks Tim. I read on the forums here that a fellow 2005 era F150 owner was going to trade in his truck because of stuttering and running rough. He was told to get it scanned, and did so, and found out it was a couple of bad spark plugs. Truck ran fine after replacing them, and he ended up keeping the truck. I am praying for the same cure for mine.
Still no rain here. And I see by the weeks forecast it will be 100 degrees this Saturday. Not good for sitting out in the sun hawking fireworks. Although, the shift I volunteered for is 9am until noon. So I should be inside by the time the real heat hits.

Jim

Quick Reply: June 2023 all topic thread