Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Another cold start question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 09:03 PM
shadysquirrel
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another cold start question?

My 95 psd starts pretty easily in cold weather, and idles good. When I start to drive, I get that whooshing sound that eveyone talks about. The only problem is that it sucks all the power from my engine, and keeps on sucking until I lay on the throttle. It will do this every 10 or 15 seconds, and sometimes continue until I shut of the truck and restart it after it's hot. I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with the ebpv, but I don't know if this is normal. The power loss is quite severe, and I can't imagine that this is how it is supposed to work.

What is the "tube"? and does cleaning it do anything? Which wires up by the fuel filter control the ebv, and does it hurt anything to disconnect them? Is a ebv eliminator a good idea on a stock truck with no additional gauges?

Thanks for any help, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that this truck is my livlihood, and keeping her healthy is very important.

Old 11-18-2003, 02:22 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
The wires you want to disconnect to disable the EBPV are in front of the turbo, and it's a two-wire harness. It's the only one like it in the area, so you don't have to worry about disconnecting the wrong thing.

Old 11-18-2003, 05:36 AM
SouthernDually
Elder User
Question Possibility

could it be the Exhaust valveing by the turbo? I had the same thing happen and thats with the dealer told me to check. Now I will admit that I am kind of a dummy but seems to make sense. Or is that what the EBPV is..?