6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

HFCMs of two forum members

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 10:13 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,460 Posts
HFCMs of two forum members

This took a long time. I put them on the shelf due to other things, did this forensic work last summer, but wasn't able to do the narration due to lingering issues that were triggered from Covid, so its got a guest narrator.

Sorry to both of you that all of us here didn't pick up the reasons when you guys were in trouble. Especially to Dave in case he had continuing issues from the problem.

The following 6 users liked this post by TooManyToys.:
Brotherbillstruck, craftsmangary, diesel_dan, Jokester00, Split rims, STOFFERJ and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-01-2023, 08:25 AM
runthatjunk
Tuned
Received 178 Likes on 121 Posts
Nice video!
Thanks for all the time involved and info

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-04-2023, 02:28 PM
FiveOJester
Fleet Mechanic
Received 244 Likes on 189 Posts
Jack thank you for putting in the time. Very good video! Love the detail you get into.

The following 3 users liked this post by FiveOJester:
Old 04-04-2023, 09:23 PM
ToolmakerRob
Laughing Gas
Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts
Jack-Great video/deep dive into the HCFM units. Hope your voice gets better soon as well.

Rob

Old 04-05-2023, 09:52 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Thanks guys.

The appointment with the next ENT isn't until Memorial Day.

Old 04-06-2023, 12:29 PM
Jokester00
Tuned
Received 332 Likes on 220 Posts
I'll join in and say thanks as well for all you do and all the information provided!

Originally Posted by TooManyToys.
Thanks guys.

The appointment with the next ENT isn't until Memorial Day.
Do they have any idea what's going on, or is that what the appointmet is for?

-jokester

Old 04-06-2023, 01:21 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

That is the first appointment with the new doc. He'll probably want to do a new scan of the cavities. I'm expecting some pre-historic fungal activity not seen in the last 15,000 years. The mass quantity of polyps on top of polyps has to dealt with too. The doc I just saw said Medicare would not cover the hours it would take to partially clear what is most likely throughout the passages. He suggested going to Mt Sinai or U of Penn where they will do work in a study program. Also suggested I use an Allergist as I might be allergic to whats growing up there. Antihistamines don't work, Sudafed D works a little, but I've bought enough behind the counter to have the State Police come and visit to see if I'm breaking bad. And it still doesn't clear.

I admit, I've never seen my polyps this bad. I had been able to get some control in the past, but they were never like this. And the throat drip is killing my vocal cords.

Old 04-06-2023, 01:56 PM
Jokester00
Tuned
Well, that sucks! I sure hope you get some answers and solutions! Have you always had this issue since you were young, or was it a brought on by your living or work environment (allergies, chemicals, etc.)? We can take this to a PM as well if this is not the place...

-jokester

Old 04-06-2023, 02:17 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Grew up on the farm/nursery. Started working the fields early teens, exposure to pesticides, dust from plowing, every flower known to man. The farm existed in the late 1700's, had horses, cows, chickens, so whatever manure went into the soil. Growing up, the town used to fog with DDT, and I used to spray the farm with things no longer allowed. The area is the Pine Barrens of NJ, so every May you have dust storms of pine pollen. Severe reaction to paint hardeners when spraying Imron during my first real job, along with using Acetone, MEK, and anything else you can think of. Have also done a lot of woodworking as a hobby.

But I can eat peanuts!

I had sinus issues best I remember in early 20's. But my wife of almost 40 years says I was never as nasally as I've been the last 10 years. And during that time I've had periods where I can't breathe through the nose at all.

The following 2 users liked this post by TooManyToys.:
Old 04-06-2023, 02:26 PM
Jokester00
Tuned
Originally Posted by TooManyToys.
Grew up on the farm/nursery. Started working the fields early teens, exposure to pesticides, dust from plowing, every flower known to man. The farm existed in the late 1700's, had horses, cows, chickens, so whatever manure went into the soil. Growing up, the town used to fog with DDT, and I used to spray the farm with things no longer allowed. The area is the Pine Barrens of NJ, so every May you have dust storms of pine pollen. Severe reaction to paint hardeners when spraying Imron during my first real job, along with using Acetone, MEK, and anything else you can think of. Have also done a lot of woodworking as a hobby.

But I can eat peanuts!

I had sinus issues best I remember in early 20's. But my wife of almost 40 years says I was never as nasally as I've been the last 10 years. And during that time I've had periods where I can't breathe through the nose at all.
Well, i'll say a prayer for ya that they figure this out and give you some relief!

-jokester

Old 04-06-2023, 09:16 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Jack sounds like we are in the same place. The insurance will pay for the Doctor time.
However, they did not want to pay for the cathlab that was closer to me and the Doctor
did all his work at. After some messing around, they gave in and will not pay for it.

So I get there today for them to do the work. They did not want to do it do to this cold I have.
They want me to go get checked for Pneumonia. So on we go to one more appointment tomorrow.

Half joking today. I said that they should know me all the way out and stick a
vacuum cleaner hose in and suck all the trash out.
I don't smoke, I don't really drink. But I still get all the crap.

Old 04-06-2023, 09:58 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

If the other ENT would have said, it would cost you X amount over Medicare plus my sup, I probably would have paid it out of pocket. But that's probably a trap for him with medicare. If I was still under my old company plan, probably nothing would be an issue.

The big issue around me is to get an appointment, you're 6 to 8 weeks out. Even trying to see my internist, 6 weeks. A month ago I had to really push the desk to get a tele-med with my doc the same day. That's why around here there are so many walk-in clinics. But I don't want to see a new doc for every new thing.

The following 2 users liked this post by TooManyToys.:
Old 04-08-2023, 08:16 PM
Visurveyor
Fleet Mechanic
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts
Jack, First i want to say i hope you get some answers on your voice. Wish you the Best.
On the video, you did a awesome job. Finish product is very informative to people that don't know the fuel system on a 6.0 Deisel. i know you put a lot of time into this, with no real return. For that i thank you. We had some good and informative (At least for me) conversations on these fuel pumps and housings.
Again Thanks Jack

Dave

The following 2 users liked this post by Visurveyor:
Old 04-08-2023, 09:02 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Well, I have a little update.
The insurance after the medical necessity was filled out let me go to the cathlab.
But do to the nasty cold I have the lab said come back once you have cleared this cold
that might be more like pneumonia. Then I can come back.

I called my MD on Friday. Have not gotten any word back from then. So I might
beheading to urgent care for a diagnosis.

Old 04-08-2023, 09:40 PM
Visurveyor
Fleet Mechanic
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts
You go about this in way you go about our motors. You know what's best for you. Call it. If you think you can get tests done faster by going to urgent care. Do it. I've played that game with the medical establishment. I try and get in for certain procedures and there 2 months down the road, I'll go to the emergency room with my problem and well, I'll embellish a little. With past health issues you normally get what you want.. I'm almost at the point that a general practitioner is useless. You can't call and get an appointment if your feeling bad. Your appointment will be 3 weeks down the rd.. hell, I look at it as in 3 weeks I'll eather have gotten over it or I dead. Emergency room if you need some advise or really need tests.
. Good luck Jack

The following 3 users liked this post by Visurveyor:

Quick Reply: HFCMs of two forum members