Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

April 2023's Chat and BS thread...or is it a April fools joke?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2023, 09:45 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 191 Likes on 175 Posts
good morning missouri.. been out cleaning some limbs off the frt deck.. havent looked for any other damage yet .. would like to get around and drive up to springfield and check out the show...

ya'll get out and enjoy the day..

Old 04-01-2023, 10:05 AM
bassdr
More Turbo
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Morning and happy April!
Very windy overnight and still this morning. Few little inside tasks today. Rich I did see your post yesterday thanks. Gonna look around to see what I have for treating the wood deck. Probably combination of stain/linseed oil/thompsons! My dad once threw some linseed rags in a bucket in the garage. Fortunately he went back out to the garage for something and found they had just ignited. Otherwise he'd have lost the whole house! They need to be put in a water bucket when not using! Enough public service announcement. skirt alert outside!

Old 04-01-2023, 10:29 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 557 Likes on 360 Posts
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Well Ed and I made of back from a quick fast lap at RS's.
No rush, but don't forget to ask about that cab.

Old 04-01-2023, 02:41 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts
Afternoon everyone.

I decided that it was just too darn windy to be trying to move sheets of plywood around outside so after a quick run to pick up some finishing supplies, I've been working on finishing Mom's bookcase. The kit I bought to connect the sander to my shop vac works like a charm and very much worth getting.

Name:  lXRbF24.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  9.0 KB

I'm hoping to be done with the finish sanding this afternoon and start putting it together...

Old 04-01-2023, 05:45 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks! Saw & replied there. Posted to all (I THINK) the Eagle pages I belong to plus a few AMC pages that AREN'T Eagle specific.

Old 04-01-2023, 08:56 PM
cb_13
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Well I did it again only 8 years later, I priced the Blue truck to FTE chapter member cb_13. So maybe in the future Cameron will purchase ol blue from me. And NO this is NOT a April's fool joke.
I sure hope so! It was really good to get to catch up on life and Ford trucks with you.

Old 04-02-2023, 08:02 AM
77&79F250
Received 3,361 Likes on 2,499 Posts
Morning folks, so did we all make it thru the windy days? I had a few things moved around, but the worst of it is I have to get on the lawn mower and start all the grass cutting already.

BJ sorry I found my parts as soon as you walk past the "new vehicle" park lot. So I did not get back in there, let alone back over by the "old" stuff. But I have a list of things to look for and yours is on it.

Old 04-02-2023, 08:53 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 257 Likes on 194 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

We're home now and have some stuff to fix today. I loaded up yesterday and tried to leave the fairgrounds and the hauler was dead. I replaced two of the four batteries two years ago and now the other two are junk. I robbed the new battery out of the jack (I use the same batteries in everything) and it was enough juice to get me going. A guy is supposed to be coming to pick up one of the bumpers I built, so I should have enough cash to buy two more batteries. I swear I have to air a tire up or replace a battery in something every time I look in the frickin' hauler.

After that, I better get the mower serviced so I can cut the grass. Spring is officially here. The grass grew 3" yesterday. (no exaggeration!)

Old 04-02-2023, 09:20 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 557 Likes on 360 Posts
Morning All,
I guess I got April Fooled yesterday by Joe. He ended up running (pun intended) long and when he had the chance left. I can't believe they actually ran a race yesterday. That wind was brutal. Policed up the SIL's hood and secured it. But didn't get much more than that done.
Hope ya got home safe and sound and are recovering from your crazy trip Joe.
RC, Did you do any good lookin for shrooms?
It's supposed to be really nice today so maybe good things will happen???

Old 04-02-2023, 09:26 AM
John T super cab
Fleet Mechanic
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Morning , Using the same size battery in every thing helps keep them going .

Old 04-02-2023, 09:32 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts
Morning all. Got the bookcase mostly together last night, but there's a few flaws that I'm not entirely happy with. Two years ago I'd be fine with them, but now that I have the tools to do avoid them, I'm a lot pickier about "good enough."

Name:  Xq2UZeH.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  460.6 KB

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-02-2023, 11:08 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 191 Likes on 175 Posts
good morning missouri.. nice looking cabinet dave1.... worked around the house some yesterday.. then seen the clock and had to hurry to get to springfield for the man show.. i guess i totally forgot it was just a fri. and sat. show and thought i could get there a bit late and still see everything.. anyway alan was still there when i finally showed up.... said he had getting earthequake loaded up covered.. the new jack and tire crane makes it so much easier than the old floor jack, uhaul van, and trailer days i felt i would just be in the way.. so i headed home taking the scenic route back down the marshfield road.. less than 20 minutes more time but less traffic and more old cars and trucks to look at for sure..

today is starting out fairly slow... should get out and make believe i am doing something useful..... ya'll take care and enjoy the sun, wind and cool day..

Old 04-02-2023, 12:08 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Old 04-02-2023, 04:11 PM
cb_13
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Well the mowing season has begun. Got my yard mowed for the first time. Probably need to get down to my parents house and cut theirs as well. Then I can sharpen the blades and service the mower. I like to wait until after the first mow for all of that. I never know what I’ll “find” with the blades that the kids left out there. Today it was a 3 foot piece of rebar.

Old 04-02-2023, 09:53 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 257 Likes on 194 Posts
Evening Everyone!

The bumper is gone and I warrantied out the two batteries I bought two years ago. (I'm sure they were fine, but it was free to update them, so I did) I now have 4 brand new batteries and clean connections in the hauler. I also got the mower fired up (of course the tires were flat) and got the back yard cut. I'll finish the rest of it tomorrow. We just cleaned the yard out of sticks right before the storm the other day, so I had to go around again and clean everything back up. The back yard looks great. I had to sharpen the blades and grease the spindles three times last year, so I wasn't worried about doing the first cutting without the service. I'll finish up the grass and service the mower tomorrow. Then I have steel to pick up and jacks to build.

Quick Reply: April 2023's Chat and BS thread...or is it a April fools joke?