Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I need help with 4r100 diesel Transmission harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 12:03 AM
AlanAlanAlan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need help with 4r100 diesel Transmission harness

Hi, I'm new to this community. I need the transmission harness for a 2000 f250 superduty 4x4 7.3L. Could someone tell me if it is the same wiring as the 5.4 or 6.8?
If it is different, what connectors do they change?
I need all the wiring, I don't have any connector other than the one for the solenoids

Old 12-16-2022, 02:21 AM
udsuth78
Logistics Pro
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,013 Posts
The new one's I'm finding for sale don't seem to be particularly vehicle specific. The narrowest designation I see is 99-04 Ford truck. That's from a brief Google search for ”4r100 transmission wiring harness” so wouldn't consider it definitive, but possibly a call to a vendor may answer your questions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=4r10...t:hg&oshop=apv

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-16-2022, 10:01 AM
AlanAlanAlan
6th Gear
Thank you, I would like to be sure that there is no difference, I live in Mexico and there is no turbo diesel here, the ones that exist are imported

Old 12-16-2022, 02:47 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,206 Likes on 829 Posts
What's wrong with the old harness? Can it be repaired? Or to far gone?

Old 12-16-2022, 07:28 PM
AlanAlanAlan
6th Gear
my dog ​​ripped off the connectors, and my dad threw them in the trash :/

Old 12-16-2022, 08:19 PM
udsuth78
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by AlanAlanAlan
my dog ​​ripped off the connectors, and my dad threw them in the trash :/
WTF? Don't know about down south, but here in the states nobody falls for the dog ate my homework excuse anymore. I think now it's "My non-binary ferret had a panic attach and set fire to my homework." Followed up w/ a YouTube as evidence.

(P.S. No ferrets were harmed in the making of this huge load of BS.)

Old 12-16-2022, 08:53 PM
AlanAlanAlan
6th Gear
Originally Posted by udsuth78
WTF? Don't know about down south, but here in the states nobody falls for the dog ate my homework excuse anymore. I think now it's "My non-binary ferret had a panic attach and set fire to my homework." Followed up w/ a YouTube as evidence.

(P.S. No ferrets were harmed in the making of this huge load of BS.)
hahahaha believe me I'm not lying. My dog ate my harness ;(, you don't know him

Last edited by AlanAlanAlan; 12-16-2022 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2022, 05:53 AM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
Received 1,689 Likes on 1,184 Posts
hahahaha believe me I'm not lying. My dog ate my harness ;(, you don't know him
My dog ate my block heater wire, electric brake wires on the car trailer (that was a surprise while towing), a spool of telephone wire, a trailer breakaway kit, all the tie downs for a tent, and her bed. And surely a bunch of stuff I’m forgetting.

First 2 years was hard with all the chewing. Then was a very good dog. We lost her a couple years ago.

Welcome to FTE! Hope you get this figured out and resolved quickly.

Old 12-17-2022, 06:06 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 3,022 Likes on 1,993 Posts
This is why cats are superior.

Old 12-17-2022, 07:12 AM
Gatrucknut
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
You will need to be specific with your 4x4 setup. The ESOF and Manual T case harnesses are different. My 2000 7.3, 4x4 has an additional sensor at the output of the tranny than the '99 manual t case harness I sourced from a local part out. The harness will disconnect under your hydro-boost.

Old 12-17-2022, 07:46 AM
udsuth78
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by RacinJasonWV
My dog ate my block heater wire, electric brake wires on the car trailer (that was a surprise while towing), a spool of telephone wire, a trailer breakaway kit, all the tie downs for a tent, and her bed. And surely a bunch of stuff I’m forgetting.

First 2 years was hard with all the chewing. Then was a very good dog. We lost her a couple years ago.

Was she part scrapper?

Old 12-18-2022, 12:22 AM
AlanAlanAlan
6th Gear

Everyone thinks we're crazy when we say our dog chewed the wiring, but no one believes us until that happens to them. And then I didn't tell you that my dog ​​is a Belgian shepherd and the truth is that he is crazier than me

Originally Posted by Gatrucknut
You will need to be specific with your 4x4 setup. The ESOF and Manual T case harnesses are different. My 2000 7.3, 4x4 has an additional sensor at the output of the tranny than the '99 manual t case harness I sourced from a local part out. The harness will disconnect under your hydro-boost.
It's electronic, I know it has two additional connectors that go to the transfer case, but currently I'm not interested in using the 4x4, it's a truck that hasn't turned on for 10 years. The transmission didn't work and my dad left it abandoned and my priority is that it can move forward. And I only need the wiring to turn it up

Old 12-18-2022, 05:14 AM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 2,032 Likes on 1,145 Posts
I believe you. Many, MANY years ago I had to replace the chassis harness on an early 2000s GM pickup (er, 4-door 4x4 El Camino). People were in town for some sled dog race thingy and they had their dogs tied up next to the pickup and it's amazing what a few high energy, constantly kenneled dogs will do when they are almost free to run......

The whole harness from the back of the LF wheel liner all the way to the fuel tank was GONE. GM puts (or used to at least) the chassis harness on the outside of the frame....easy pickins for rowdy critters.

On a side note, few people believe me when I tell them how rabbits are death to wiring harnesses as well.

Old 12-18-2022, 06:25 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 3,022 Likes on 1,993 Posts

Everyone thinks we're crazy when we say our dog chewed the wiring, but no one believes us until that happens to them. And then I didn't tell you that my dog ​​is a Belgian shepherd and the truth is that he is crazier than me
You guys need to feed your dogs better.

Old 12-18-2022, 08:05 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 844 Likes on 642 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckNoob
You guys need to feed your dogs better.
When I was growing up, we had several dogs and no feeding schedule. Always had a food bowl available for whenever they were hungry. None of them over-ate, neither were they overweight. And they didn't chew up anything they could find, either.

Quick Reply: I need help with 4r100 diesel Transmission harness