Sync 3 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 08:36 AM
pauliwalnuts
5th Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Sync 3 Issues

I installed an aftermarket radio/tablet Linkswell Gen 4 and liked it but it had some intermittent issues not to mention the wife wasn't all that thrilled with it. I decided to take it out and put the Sync 3 back in and now the sync screen is not working. The AC controls, heated/cooled seats and climate controls work, but the screen is completely dead. Doesn't appear to come on at all. I did the soft reset with the power on/seek forward button to no avail. Also checked both the radio and sync fuses and even did a continuity test on both. Is there something I am missing here? Seems weird that uninstalling/re-installing would make it go bad. I am confident I got the cables hooked back up right as they are pretty much plug-n-play and don't think you can screw that up. I have an appt with the dealer, but was wondering if anyone here had any ideas?

Old 09-14-2022, 08:29 PM
madsonp
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by pauliwalnuts
I installed an aftermarket radio/tablet Linkswell Gen 4 and liked it but it had some intermittent issues not to mention the wife wasn't all that thrilled with it. I decided to take it out and put the Sync 3 back in and now the sync screen is not working. The AC controls, heated/cooled seats and climate controls work, but the screen is completely dead. Doesn't appear to come on at all. I did the soft reset with the power on/seek forward button to no avail. Also checked both the radio and sync fuses and even did a continuity test on both. Is there something I am missing here? Seems weird that uninstalling/re-installing would make it go bad. I am confident I got the cables hooked back up right as they are pretty much plug-n-play and don't think you can screw that up. I have an appt with the dealer, but was wondering if anyone here had any ideas?
I suggest disconnecting your battery for a few minutes, then hooking it back up, I'm thinking this may reset everything, and hopefully you'll get everything back.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:28 PM
pauliwalnuts
5th Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by madsonp
I suggest disconnecting your battery for a few minutes, then hooking it back up, I'm thinking this may reset everything, and hopefully you'll get everything back.
Yep tried that too. Can't believe that in-intalling and re-installing would break something but maybe it did.