2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Camera in Motion Testing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 12:23 PM
killarneygetaway
Mountain Pass
Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by tarmactrr
I'm sure you have enough by now, but just incase I have a 2022 with sync 4 and the bed cam, hitch cam and rear backup cam work while in motion. You have to use the camera button while driving to bring them up, but they do work at 50+ mph.
What are the details of your truck. I have a 2022 with Sync4. I don't have 360deg cameras. ONLY the bed cam and hitch cam. I CANNOT use camera while in motion.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:25 PM
tarmactrr
5th Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by killarneygetaway
What are the details of your truck. I have a 2022 with Sync4. I don't have 360deg cameras. ONLY the bed cam and hitch cam. I CANNOT use camera while in motion.
It's a 2022 with Sync 4, and the Ultimate Trailer Camera and Pro Trailer Backup Assist (includes the 360deg camera system). I can use any of the backup cameras or the aux camera imput while driving.

Name:  LYO0jI2.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  2.26 MB

The following 2 users liked this post by tarmactrr:
Old 04-26-2022, 06:18 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 977 Likes on 598 Posts
Originally Posted by frambach
Have you tried double tapping the hang-up-phone-button on the steering wheel to get the Camera on Demand features going? I thought I read online it took a double tap of that steering wheel button to make things happen.
This did not work on my truck.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:29 AM
killarneygetaway
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by tarmactrr
It's a 2022 with Sync 4, and the Ultimate Trailer Camera and Pro Trailer Backup Assist (includes the 360deg camera system). I can use any of the backup cameras or the aux camera imput while driving.

Probably the Ultimate Trailer Tow that adds that ability. Makes no sense. How is it safe if you have a camper but not safe if you don't. Absolutely makes no sense. Would love to have this ability without the Ultimate Trailer Tow package. Must be a way to turn it on. Hopefully Zoodad figures it out.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:50 AM
houlster
Cross-Country
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Just got my '22 F450 Limited yesterday. Sync 4 with the big screen. I can watch the bed cam split-screen while driving, and if I bring up fullscreen cameras, it'll switch between bed and tailgate cams. I do not have the aux camera yet to try.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:27 AM
CobraCamper
5th Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 Lariat Value Pkg
Sync 4
CHSML, no 360/UTT

Camera does not work at speed

Old 05-03-2022, 12:11 AM
frambach
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Poncho450
This did not work on my truck.
OK, bear with me here, I’ve been messing with mine (below 6mph - because I don’t yet have speed unlock) & here’s what our truck does:

- driving forward- tap the camera button above the radio & I get bed-view
- however, if instead of a single tap on the camera button, if I ‘double click’ it, I can SOMETIMES get the tailgate camera. It’s a bit finicky.

Since you have the device that defeats Ford’s speed limit, would you mind to try double tapping your camera button while at speed to see what happens for you? You may have to try it a couple times throughout your next trip to see what the results are since it can be a bit of a pain.
Thanks

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-04-2022, 11:08 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
OK, bear with me here, I’ve been messing with mine (below 6mph - because I don’t yet have speed unlock) & here’s what our truck does:

- driving forward- tap the camera button above the radio & I get bed-view
- however, if instead of a single tap on the camera button, if I ‘double click’ it, I can SOMETIMES get the tailgate camera. It’s a bit finicky.

Since you have the device that defeats Ford’s speed limit, would you mind to try double tapping your camera button while at speed to see what happens for you? You may have to try it a couple times throughout your next trip to see what the results are since it can be a bit of a pain.
Thanks
No combination of button pushing did anything for my truck. I've got the CHMSL camera at speed due to the 4dtech module but nothing more.
Tapping the camera button only toggled back & forth between the CHMSL camera and the audio source screen, as the FM radio was on at the time.

Old 05-05-2022, 07:46 PM
frambach
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for trying it, Poncho. Sorry I wasn’t able to give any helpful advice.

On the bright side (for me at least), I won’t be spending my money on the unlock device.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:11 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Thanks for trying it, Poncho. Sorry I wasn’t able to give any helpful advice.

On the bright side (for me at least), I won’t be spending my money on the unlock device.
That's OK. It was easy and didn't cost me anything but a few seconds of time to do it.
I've come to the conclusion that the 4dtech module was not worth the money to provide the ability to view the CHMSL camera at speed as it's only function. It doesn't work with the tailgate cam at speed. Can't toggle back & forth between the cams at speed. Somehow I had the idea it provided those functions.
A transaction I wish I could do over.

Old 05-20-2022, 05:50 PM
WhiteMtns
Trailering
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have UTT CAMERA PRO TRLR BACKUP AST. I can press the camera button while driving and activate the chmsl. If I press the camera button again I get a blue screen. I have sync 3.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:57 AM
killarneygetaway
Mountain Pass
Any progress on getting this working? Would really like to be able to use the CHMSL camera while driving.

Thank you

Old 06-17-2022, 10:03 AM
ZooDad
Received 644 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by killarneygetaway
Any progress on getting this working? Would really like to be able to use the CHMSL camera while driving.

Thank you
Not yet. Have to take apart my dash and take my NAV-TV out to test. Just haven’t had time yet.

ZooDad

Old 06-17-2022, 10:41 AM
Aynsley683
Cross-Country
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Would like to know if you can get this to work . I’d like to be able to put the ford trailer reverse camera inside my horse trailer.

I currently have a rv voyager system , the camera inside trailer wired to its own screen inside the truck cab. Getting a lariat 250 next month apparently, it’s currently being shipped , estimated delivery of mid July. Not holding my breath but at least it’s built.

On arrival I’ll put goose neck prep and hitch in -deleted to make sure it got built , as well as spray in bed liner. And then my old camera system or the ford trailer reverse if it can be made to work while moving.

Old 09-13-2022, 10:56 PM
number9xd
More Turbo
Received 431 Likes on 236 Posts
Checking in for updates

Quick Reply: Camera in Motion Testing