MA February 2022 BS Thread - The Month for Lovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 06:14 AM
Lin19687
Cargo Master
Received 151 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 5_labsownus
That is the Polish, the kind I had but mine was Golden laced

Like this one. It not only has the Hat but a Beard Prey picks them off too easy but they are pretty when they strut around and the hat shakes hahahhaha

Tim, since I only have 6 they are all named too When I get a farm I won't name except for the Jerks and the Love bug ones. I have one now that doesn't want to be pet, her name is Raptor it fits.

Got to sleep in a bit today. 10º out No more white sheet today and after Monday in the 40's ! HEAT WAVE !
Sure hope that Fat Rodent was wrong about the weather...........

Old 02-06-2022, 06:19 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,138 Likes on 4,210 Posts
Good morning Lin...nice to sleep in...isn't it??? Try a nap this afternoon...nothing better.

Hope your day is splendiferous.

Old 02-06-2022, 07:15 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,538 Likes on 1,436 Posts
Sensational Sunday morning Massachusetts, Ken, Lin, Don, Bud, John, Tim, George and all the chicken crew.
started off at 12° but now up to 17° and the sun is over the mountain top and shinning in the window. Going to the high 40's and no white sheet here as well.

Morning Lin and there were several variety of the Polish including the one I posted. Interesting to look at but they would not fit in here or for our needs.
OH and one or two of the Nicker hens has started to lay. Last few days we are getting Pullet eggs again! LOL

Everyone have a joyous day.

Old 02-06-2022, 07:51 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,109 Likes on 1,008 Posts
Morning Ken, Lin, Don, John, all MASS and chicken lovers everywhere ! Hope your Sun day goes as you like it !

Old 02-06-2022, 08:12 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader

Old 02-06-2022, 08:25 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,617 Likes on 1,445 Posts
Good morning Massachusetts!

Old 02-06-2022, 08:26 AM
BIGKEN
Sensational Sunday morning Massachusetts, Ken, Lin, Don, Bud, John, Tim, George and all the chicken crew.
started off at 12° but now up to 17° and the sun is over the mountain top and shinning in the window. Going to the high 40's and no white sheet here as well.

Morning Lin and there were several variety of the Polish including the one I posted. Interesting to look at but they would not fit in here or for our needs.
OH and one or two of the Nicker hens has started to lay. Last few days we are getting Pullet eggs again! LOL

Everyone have a joyous day.
Good morning Rod...enjoy looking out the windows until it warms up. We shouold get some of that tropical heat by Saturday #2...in fact...a 5 day stretch of it. Speaking of eggs...I stopped at my favorite roadside stand and picked up a couple dozen freshly laid eggs...laid overnight. I'm not sure it gets any fresher than that. I also dropped off about 3 dozen egg cartons for them...someone was advertising them for free on CL. They'll get used and not wind up in the landfill...definitely a win win. Hope you have a great day!!!

Originally Posted by BPofMD
Morning Ken, Lin, Don, John, all MASS and chicken lovers everywhere ! Hope your Sun day goes as you like it !
Good morning Bud...I'm a chicken lover...especially a 3 piece with mashed taters and gravy and a biscuit!!! Hope all is well in your world!!!

Old 02-06-2022, 08:50 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,676 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Good morning Massachusetts...and...all who visit this Sunday morning...BAM...just like that the weekend is half over. Hope y'all are enjoying yours.

Woke up this morning to 6*...and...it's still dropping. According to the progmosticators...it should reach 3 below in the next hour before rising to the mid 20s with mostly sunny skies. Threats are for some winter weather tomorrow afternoon over night...nothing to write home about though.

Hope y'all have a great day!!!
You're not much warmer than we are here Ken, -4°F ( -20° C )

Old 02-06-2022, 08:53 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,676 Posts
You never know what kind of birds you'll run into here...lol

Old 02-06-2022, 10:33 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,109 Likes on 1,008 Posts
I picked up one of those already cooked roto-broiled chickens at Sam's the other day when I was there for dinner that night. Ate half of it them. the other half is today's dinner ! With mashed taters !

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-06-2022, 02:45 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,617 Likes on 1,445 Posts
I love those roto-broiled chickens. Well, I love chicken no matter how it cooked.

To quote Jim Morrison "I eat more chicken than any man ever seen"

Old 02-06-2022, 04:29 PM
BIGKEN
Good evening all...reached a high temp of 26* this afternoon with abundant sunshine...currenty 24* with a feels like temp of 18*. Winter Weather Advisory in effect for tomorrow through 0700 on Saturday #2. Up to 2" of white crap with ice...and...you know how I feel about ice.

Started watching the Pro Bowl this afternoon...shut it off after about 5 minutes...what a joke. It's what I knew it was going to be though. I grabbed my latest novel and knocked off about a hundred pages. Good stuff.

Hope y'all have a great evening.

Originally Posted by BPofMD
I picked up one of those already cooked roto-broiled chickens at Sam's the other day when I was there for dinner that night. Ate half of it them. the other half is today's dinner ! With mashed taters !
I used to buy those...until I found out what they put in them. Never again. It's easy enough to broil a chicken.

Originally Posted by 56panelford
You're not much warmer than we are here Ken, -4°F ( -20° C )
Howdy John...I'm an old man...I can't take the cold. Young 'uns like you are better able to tolerate it.

Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good morning Massachusetts!
Howdy Tim...missed you this morning...you were posting while I was typing. Hope all is well on the left side of the country.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:44 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Good morning Rod...enjoy looking out the windows until it warms up. We shouold get some of that tropical heat by Saturday #2...in fact...a 5 day stretch of it. Speaking of eggs...I stopped at my favorite roadside stand and picked up a couple dozen freshly laid eggs...laid overnight. I'm not sure it gets any fresher than that. I also dropped off about 3 dozen egg cartons for them...someone was advertising them for free on CL. They'll get used and not wind up in the landfill...definitely a win win. Hope you have a great day!!!

Good morning Bud...I'm a chicken lover...especially a 3 piece with mashed taters and gravy and a biscuit!!! Hope all is well in your world!!!
Yep our butt nuggets for breakfast were laid yesterday and I am a lover the 3 piece and mashed taters!

Old 02-07-2022, 02:55 AM
BIGKEN
Good morning Massachusetts...and..all who visit this Saturday #1...hope y'all had a great weekend!!! Woke up this morning to a rather mild 11*...on the way to freezing this afternoon. No sun today as stormage will be moving in around noon time...white crap...sleet...freezing rain...ice. It won't be anything to write home about though...maybe a couple of inches. The ice is what we're concerned about though. Hope MA Nature is treating you better!!!

C's rolled over the Magic last evening...116-83.

Uncle Uber has been reserved for the early evening for practice...but...I'm expected to be cancelled due to the weather.

Off to "work" soon...hope y'all have a great day!!!

Yep our butt nuggets for breakfast were laid yesterday and I am a lover the 3 piece and mashed taters!
Love the local freshly laid eggs...nothing like them...worth the $$$. There's a KFC/Taco Bell on the other side of town...my go to was a K3 Original. Haven't been there in a long time...can't take the grease anymore.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:56 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Merry Monday morning Massachusetts, Ken, Lin, Don, Tim, John, Bud, and all the chicken eating crew.
I am sure Tim and Lin will agree that the fresh Butt nuggets are far tastier than months old store bought!

We give away 2dz a week and eat about a dozen and still have close to a dozen in the fridge!

Ken hope your work day goes well and lunch is wonderful.
Lin may your day be shovel free as well as carefree!

Quick Reply: MA February 2022 BS Thread - The Month for Lovers