1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle body upgrade 2v 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 10:49 AM
Jaxaboi
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Throttle body upgrade 2v 5.4

Got an 03 f250 with the 5.4... I'm trying to get some power out It but staying naturally aspirated. It's got over 200k miles so I'm not gonna go crazy lol. Previous owner put a CAI on it and I'm gonna redo a true dual exhaust. I'm thinking 75mm bbk throttle body, tune from 5 star, anything else yall would reccomend? Considering a regear but not sure how much that would run me....

Old 01-31-2022, 01:32 PM
redford
Received 1,632 Likes on 956 Posts
Short of a power adder there ain't much you can do. There isn't much gain in a larger throttle body or a cold air induction kit. The stock 2V 5.4L just doesn't breath enough to make use of the extra capacity..

A free flowing Y Pipe or even true dual exhaust will give you a little more push on the posterior dyno, but don't expect miracles.

Regearing to a higher (numeric) differential ratio is probably the most cost effective way to increase your power to the ground, maybe a 4.30 instead of a 3.73.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-31-2022, 02:09 PM
Jaxaboi
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redford
Short of a power adder there ain't much you can do. There isn't much gain in a larger throttle body or a cold air induction kit. The stock 2V 5.4L just doesn't breath enough to make use of the extra capacity..

A free flowing Y Pipe or even true dual exhaust will give you a little more push on the posterior dyno, but don't expect miracles.

Regearing to a higher (numeric) differential ratio is probably the most cost effective way to increase your power to the ground, maybe a 4.30 instead of a 3.73.
Unfortunately that's what I figured, I know CAIs don't really ever do much but it's already there so no point going back. I figured the throttle body may help that intake and allow kore air into the motor even if just a tad. It's on a 4in lift and 35s so I'm not expecting a race truck just hoping I could maybe get like a 15sec 0 to 60 instead of like 18 haha