Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

my opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 04:33 PM
marineman227
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my opinion

I know i will probably be harrassed alot for this but I have been a ford boy for life working on a farm for my neighbor for the last 3 years i've used fords as work trucks and they do very good. However when it came time to buy my own truck i was shopping around and i found a GMC sierra. The price was right on the truck so i decided to go for it and take it. Since i bought that truck it has actually changed my views on chevy/GMC trucks. I am still a ford boy at heart but i can respect the chevy's because their trucks really are fairly tough. Mine is a 3/4 ton with the 5.7L engine in it. I am still planning after i graduate basic training this coming summer to use my sign on bonus plus my basic training pay to buy a 2001 or 2002 ford F250 with the v10 motor (gotta go with the big one) but i just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say after really driving one i respect chevy's and any truck or any vehicle that people actually take the time to modify i respect that.

Old 11-07-2003, 10:16 AM
ktmguy70
Elder User
Nice to hear

Its completely GARBAGE people coming in here and saying FORD RULES, everything else is junk.. I think that mentality leaves when your 12 years old? What does that say?
Some people say well I had 5 gms and they all broke down so now I drive a ford, ever think that somewhere someone had 5 fords and they all broke down, so now they drive a GM or dodge or maybe a Toyota.
They are all good trucks, and people just like to come on here and rag about how good their brand is to make them feel better about making that payement every month.. I said it before, you cant go wrong with any of the big 3. All produce awesome power, ride and handling for a truck.
good MATURE post.

Ron
00 Excursion Limited 4x4 V-10

Old 11-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Or, you can go to a Chevy truck site and read how "Chevy Rules" or find out at the Dodge truck site that "Dodge Rules".

You really didn't expect to come to a "FORD" truck site and find everyone bashing their brand of choice, now did you???

Old 11-07-2003, 11:22 AM
ktmguy70
Elder User
Well thats just it

Ford is my Brand of truck , AND my choice, but its no better or worse than any of the others.. But when people come on here and BLATANTLY lie and exaggerate things to make their choice seem better, its immature.. So many people come on here with the "My 4 cylinder ranger out pulled A Duramax with a chip in it"

like I said all three trucks are no better or worse than the other.

Ron
00 Excursion Limited 4x4 V-10

Old 11-07-2003, 08:12 PM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 342 Likes on 208 Posts
You wanna' look up recalls over the last decade on the Big Three's trucks and then say none are better than the others? Transmission failures causing fires, inadequate brakes causing wrecks, suspension components cutting fluid lines in the front end, fuel pumps leaving people stranded, I could go on for days but the point is Ford never has these big issues and that is what makes them a better truck.

Sure, it is true that all trucks are machines built by imperfect humans, and therefore they all will have some degree of trouble. But to say that they are all equal is nothing short of ridiculous.

Old 11-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Seifferlein
Senior User
I don't think that anyone is saying that the trucks are all equal, but that none of them are as bad as people make them sound on here sometimes. If they were that bad, then there is NO WAY they would still be in business.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Satcom
Junior User
I will start out with the fact that I love my Bronco. It fits the 3 kids, wife, and German Shepard great. It is good off road. Yes I have beaten the hell out of it off road. This truck is one that I am going to keep for a long, long time. Maybe for life.
All manufacturors have problems with their vehicles. Some more then others. Take late model broncos like mine. They have left people stranded on the side of the road due to misplacement of the ignition module. This was placed on the distributor for many years. The problem with this is that it did not take to well to high temps. Over time the heat would degrade this part until failure. There are many cases of collisions, minor and major, due to the Bronco dying in the middle of the road. Ford new this problem existed for years, but failed to redesign or relocate. Finally in 96 they relocated it to the driver's side fender.
The E4OD tranny is not the best tranny out there. You are almost guaranteed a rebuild between 80-150K in most cases. I have my second one in all ready. I also wouldn't say that the anti-lock brakes on my Bronco are the best. When it is rainy, snowy, or just slick for what ever reason stopping in this thing is exciting. I'm not bashing My Bronco or Fords in general. I can tell you similar things about all of the vehicles that I own. If you can prove to me that a certain make has no design flaws then I want stock in that company. All vehicles have their good and bad points. It just depends on what you want. Economy, resale value, HP, Torque, Payload, comfort, etc..... Hopefully I did not agitate anyone this was not my intention.

Old 11-08-2003, 02:25 PM
lilboysdrivebowties
Junior User
Up until recent Ford has been an excellent off-road truck and a fair highway truck. I have owned all three and when I went to find a good 4 x 4 I went and found me a Ford. The front end design lends itself to better, over the long run off roading. It sits in the driveway right next to an 03 Dodge Ram. If all I did was drive on the highway I would buy a Chevy. I have never ridden or drove in a smoother, straighter driving truck than a Chevy. With all that being said. Of course I'm backing what I am driving and that's a Ford. If I wasn't proud of it I wouldn't have bought it. And so....

Old 11-08-2003, 05:12 PM
wahoo
Senior User
Some people are just die hard fans for thier paticular brand of vehicle. They ignore the evidence. This is a respectable trait in sports but seems foolish in things that really matter.

If you were a Carolina Panthers fan during thier first year when they were great, then while they sucked, and now that they're very good again.... then I repsect that. But don't tell me a Chevy Silverado 1500HD is a piece of crap. We may like the Ford better, but it's not crap.

You would think people here would identify with and respect a person driving a Toyota Tacoma more than a Ford Mustang or Focus. At least it's a truck. I bet the Toyota truck driver has more in common with you than the average person driving a Ford Fiesta.

Of course there are people here who refuse to help support the good people of Mississippi that build the Nissan Titan because the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Old 11-08-2003, 06:57 PM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
I totally agree with Wahoo, especially with the point about Pearl Harbor, yes it happened but not buying japanese products today is stupid because most of them are built here now, or our so called american vehicles are made in mexico. go figure. Glad to hear you enjoy your newly purchased truck marineman.

Old 11-11-2003, 04:39 PM
marineman227
New User
I agree with you folks saying that yes some trucks are better for some things than others. I respect 'em all though. I love Fords but my chevy has held up allright as well. I don't think i will ever drive a dodge but the only reason is that i do alot of towing and with problems i've heard about with their transmissions it just wouldn't work for me but they're nice looking trucks. Anyone who drives any truck i respect you just for that and lets keep the mud flying

Old 11-11-2003, 06:44 PM
jeb
Elder User
Good post, Marine. My GM trucks have been outstanding, reliable vehicles. I hope my ford will be as good but it's got big shoes to fill.

Thanks for volunteering for military service. Our country is the better for it. Semper Fi!

Old 11-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I read the original post & I never saw One word of technical tech talk.

The forum is for Tech Talk ONLY.

It isn't for Testimonials !

Thread closed