Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Let's all have a great 2022 chatting year thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 07:24 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,541 Likes on 1,439 Posts
Joyous Sunday morning Virginia, Jim, Evan, George and crew. Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:51 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,110 Likes on 1,009 Posts
I thought modern engines by Ford was now up to 10,000 miles on OCI's. Have you looks at the supplemental manual that came with the truck ? It's no use to "talk" to anyone at the dealership. To them, it's "bottom line". 5000 mile changes are a waste of time and money and oil.

Old 01-10-2022, 04:55 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,541 Likes on 1,439 Posts
Merry Monday morning Virginia, Jim, Evan, George and crew.
New week to see what I can get out of! LOL

Old 01-10-2022, 06:44 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Morning 'ginia.....ya'll have a great week !

Old 01-10-2022, 07:09 AM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Received 387 Likes on 352 Posts
Good morning guys.

Got sidetracked yesterday evening. Pulled it up, got to doing something else and never got back to say hi. Oh well. I am easily sidetracked. I even sidetrack myself, sometimes.

Supposed to be a nice sunny day but not to warm. Same for tomorrow. The dogs will be out in the sun letting nature put them to sleep for a nap. Those two black dogs get so hot/warm sometimes they will get up and go lay down in the shade. The new guy, Bear, has enough black/brown fur mixed in (salt and pepper mix, not patches like a beagle or bird dog) with the cream colored fur that he's warmed by the sun, too. Only the big guy, all white, feels cold to the touch but he has that thick underlayer of fur that keeps him warm. Come spring time and I start brushing him every day the dog pen will look like it snowed in places. You'd think the birds would pick that stuff up and use it in their nests to keep their eggs/babies warm.

Have a great day guys. Great week, too. I'm going to get another cup of coffee.

Old 01-10-2022, 09:08 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 873 Likes on 791 Posts
Jim as long as you remember to "un-zip" you'll be ok
Using synthetic oil in my vehicles I usually change it at 10-12,000 miles.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:32 AM
evan_nugget
Laughing Gas
Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts
Wishing everybody a happy start of the week!

Boy, I'm tired.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:38 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Too much partying, Evan??

Old 01-10-2022, 12:24 PM
evan_nugget
Laughing Gas
Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by GLR
Too much partying, Evan??
Oh, something like that, George!

Old 01-10-2022, 01:06 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by evan_nugget
Oh, something like that, George!

Old 01-10-2022, 06:25 PM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Good evening guys.

Didn't do much of anything today. Just visited with the dogs and handed out treats, filled the food bowls, did some petting, tried to play with Bear but he doesn't seem to understand playing with people. Plays with Duke all the time, when I try to play with him he drops what he's running around with and just looks at me. Oh well, might be different if we'd have gotten him when he was a little puppy.

Gonna head to the garage tomorrow and see if I can get that linkage piece put in the Coupe. I got the part I needed. I got another piece, too. But not what the diagram showed. The diagram looked like it was the track/linkage for the passenger side of the window. What I got (as a repair kit/assembly) was the metal piece with the plastic insert and new cable drive that goes from the motor back to the window assembly to move the window. I'm hoping I can drop the motor down, pull the drive cable out and put the new one in without having to remove the head liner. That would be the smart way for it to have been designed. Might find out tomorrow. Gotta grease the cable, too. It's really a sort of long flexible screw the gear on the motor spins so that it moves both directions. Fun, fun, fun.

I'd like to talk to somebody face to face at the dealership about the oil/filter change intervals. It's showing 3900 miles and 48% oil life remaining (I really don't run it hard, it's truck) but these darn message are getting old. I hate talking to someone I can't see on the phone. Maybe tomorrow.

So, Evan made it back. In one piece? Walked home? Or got carried home. I remember stories at work of guys carrying a buddy from the back of a truck to his front door only to have the wife tell the buddies to carry him into the bathroom and put him in the tub to sleep it off. The guy said he woke up pretty stiff and sore the next morning - and with a bad hangover. Never was sure how that happens from having "fun." I found out, in the Army, that I could have just as much fun doing the crazy stuff when I was sober and then I could remember it the next day.

Have a great evening.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:51 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Morning 'ginia. Jim, I believe there's a way to adjust what you see (and hear) on the display about oil messages. Have you read thru the Owner's Manual ?

Old 01-11-2022, 09:54 AM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Good morning guys.

Bud, read it through the weekend we brought it home. Looked through parts of it again trying to figure out where/why the gear shift indicator disappeared off the IP. The messages I'm getting are from the dealer. They "alert" me that the truck is due for service. I plan to drive up there today to talk to someone who can then put a face/name to about whether they really want my truck in the shop every few months or if ignoring the messages will affect my warranty. I don't suppose I mind them changing the oil/filter as long as they are paying for it (and they're supposed to for 5 years) but it seems ridiculous to change it with 48% oil life left, even for the synthetic/regular oil blend they use. I understand they expect to drum up business for the shop but I'm not sure why. Last time I had an issue (loose gas cap lighting up the check engine light) they told me they were so far behind that their single Super Duty tech. was over a month behind on getting jobs done. Hope I never have an emergency.

Should be another pretty decent, but cool day here. The local weather stations are saying maybe an inch of snow Saturday/Sunday here. Both my sons are telling us some weather guru they check with on the internet is saying it could be up to 14 inches south of us. I guess we'll find out. I might get to try out the new truck down here vs. having to drive to WV to visit with mom.

Have a great day guys.

Old 01-11-2022, 04:28 PM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Good evening guys.

Dogs treated, food in the bowl, water in the buckets, sun/wind dried rug back on the patio. And the big boy got those darn dew claws trimmed on his hind legs. He lets us do it, but he's not 100% cooperative about it.

Okay, the guy at the dealership didn't even realize the dealership had their own app for the phones. He said he'd learned something today. He looked over the dealer app and Ford Pass and told me to just use Ford Pass from now on for service/trouble notifications. He also said, due to the limited number of techs they have in the shop that I should call and get an appt. for the oil/filter change when it drops down to 40% life left. That way I should be able to get it changed before it gets to 0%. Hmm. That seems to be settled.

Signed up for another year at the range with even though they doubled the fees/membership this year and quadrupled the "guest fees" per day/trip. It may be time to start looking for another place to shoot now and then.

Supposed to be warmer the next couple of days. Now the weather channel is saying Saturday/Saturday night could bring 5 to 8" of snow down here. Not too much to test the new tires on the car and enough to see how the truck will do on a sort of slick road. It'll be cold enough Friday/Friday night to cool the ground/roads down. Shoot, when I walked out to the dog pen 30 minutes ago the ground was still frozen on top.

Anyway, have a great evening.

Old 01-12-2022, 04:25 AM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Good morning guys.

Supposed to be decently nice and warm the next couple of days with temperatures near "average." Might be a good day to see about that sunroof rail repair on the Coupe.

No plans/needs to go anywhere today except out to visit with the dogs. I'll be working on the car, they'll be lined up along the fence watching me. Every time I head to the house, or back out to the garage they'll be bouncing/barking/wagging their tails at me thinking I'm heading their way. So, every now and then I do. A normal two biscuit day turns into a three or four biscuit day. And they know it.

Have a great day.

Quick Reply: Let's all have a great 2022 chatting year thread